JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I heard Ruger was having problems developing a reliable 5 shot magazine.:s0070:

The rifles were made but never offered for sale they had multiple issues reverse engineering or scaling the mini 14 action up to handle 308 . Ruger actually did sell of the of the XGI prototype rifles on Gun Broker a few years ago.

I remember the write ups at the time wanted one, but alas they materialized. In a similar vein people who wanted a 22 Magnum in a 10/22 would buy an AMT 25/22 and have it converted to 22 magnum , then Ruger finally introduced a 10/22 Magnum and then killed it after less than 10 years .

But I can see why 22 Magnum has never been as popular as some think it is . Back when I actively trapped and varmint hunted it was and still is in my estimate the perfect gun for such tasks. Given the cost of the ammo though I would rather have a 221 fireball, 218 Bee or a Hornet for the task simply because they can mimic the 22 WMR and they are reloadable.

They were available I physically saw a couple on the shelf at Fred Baker's Outdoor America back in the 1980's . The problem was they were not for people on a budget, as a younger fella at the time all I could ever do was dream about such fodder . I do remember going there in circa 1990 -1992 and buying a Dragunov for $1500 which was a pretty tidy sum for me to spend on a gun at the time.

I also remember being so thoroughly underwhelmed by the fact that the accuracy of the rifle did not mirror it's evil soviet death ray appearance that I sold it a year later for exactly what I paid for it. In retrospect I honestly wish I have kept the SVD given what they sell for now days.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top