JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Can anybody PROVE you even own a BB gun? Then get them ALL out of the house until this blows over. Can you file an order against her for breathing your air?

Well, congratulations on at least being able to stay where you were before.

Realistically, I'm kinda curious if the prosecutor is on your side or not. I don't think any prosecutor could handle the bad press of sitting idly by while aggressive attorneys abuse the process to harass rape victims.

Realistically, I'm kinda curious if the prosecutor is on your side or not. I don't think any prosecutor could handle the bad press of sitting idly by while aggressive attorneys abuse the process to harass rape victims.

There is no prosecutor involved as the rape case is closed. My daughter just wants this guy to leave her alone and stay away from where she works (3 jobs).

Has my daughter filed a protective order against her rapist?
Yes. That's what started this retaliation. The victim asking the court to order her attacker to stay away from where she works.

(entire timeline included for clarity)
That 'sexual assault protection order' was violated the day after it was served when the mother (who was also served because the boy is a minor) 'followed' my daughter on Twitter.

Three days later, protective orders were filed against my daughter and myself. Those were denied on Wednesday of last week when we defended ourselves in court.

Then on Monday, in the court of a different county, the 'sexual assault protection order' (Respondent wasn't there) was continued and the lawyer tossed a new protection order on the table while in front of the judge.

We have 'evidence' to present which I believe will benefit my daughter but those cards are not ready to reveal.

Their lawyer has already hinted that the 'sexual assault protection order' should not be granted because my daughter will be leaving the country for a few months. However, these orders are good for 2 years and forbid contact or surveillance via social media. That portion has already been violated and I guess it's up to my daughter to point out that social media is global.

Is lurking on social media venues "anonymously" still possible?
I'm guessing it would be "possible", just like peeping through a window would be "possible" with a physical protective order. Doesn't mean it is legal and doesn't mean squat unless the person is caught. They are only pieces of paper, after all. But these pieces of paper are supposed to provide a legal recourse, depending on the case.

Proving that someone is 'following' someone anonymously online is a little trickier.

Is lurking on social media venues "anonymously" still possible?

Absolutely possible. On Facebook one needs to set their privacy settings to control who can and cannot see your posts and comments. Settings can even be changed for individual items like photos.

On Twitter, unwelcome followers can be banned (facebook too). When banned I believe they are alerted. Twitter also offers Muting a follower so they cannot see any of your Tweets. Mutes are not notified last I checked.

When it rains, it pours.
I'm going along with my daughter to court again on Monday (support and security) to hopefully finish up this nonsense and get her sexual assault protection order signed.
Our llama died last night (old age).
and
My girlfriend's employer is closing the company before the end of the year.

2014 will not be missed.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR