JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The complaint against me is based on my frequent sharing on Facebook of news articles about victims who have defended themselves. The Petitioner has submitted 3 screen shots from my Facebook 'wall' showing shared articles to which I made no comment. Same for the Facebook 'event' Gavin Seim planned called "I will not comply! I-594". I have not even clicked the Join button for that. Just shared the event on Facebook.

I've posted nothing on their Facebook wall. Directed nothing at them. Did not know their names until I read the temp order. Haven't really ever thought about 'she' or her son.

Facebook, Twitter, etc... I've never had one of those accounts, nor been interested in them in any way, shape, or form. I'm often amased at people bothering to contribute to the most prolific source of intelligence that is so very often weaponized to ruin theirs and other people's lives, often over bullcrap.

Good luck, TC!

I'm often amased at people bothering to contribute to the most prolific source of intelligence that is so very often weaponized to ruin theirs and other people's lives, often over bullcrap.

I cannot disagree with you. However, Facebook proved to be a powerful tool when I was trying to reach people and spread the word about our dueling initiatives. One post reached 85,000 people!

My recent experience will cause me to rethink social media AND insurance.

I cannot disagree with you. However, Facebook proved to be a powerful tool when I was trying to reach people and spread the word about our dueling initiatives. One post reached 85,000 people!

My recent experience will cause me to rethink social media AND insurance.

And yet 594 prevailed.

Specifically stay away from people that you know from anything "gun" related. Get your pastor, priest, or the volunteer coordinator at that place you volunteer at to show up and say what a great guy you are.

It's been a long day preparing and not one single law firm I phoned had a lawyer even willing to sell me one hour of their time. "In 2 weeks" was the best offer I go but court is on Wednesday.

Legal Aid told me they only deal with homeless children.
A woman working at Columbia Legal Services (not a lawyer) explained to me about filing declarations so I dug in and got all my paperwork done. I filed things as I understood the process and hand delivered the petitioner's copy to her lawyer.

I'm optimistic but not happy.

Done with that!

Neither of the protection orders were signed (petitioner had signed against my daughter and myself). The judge interrupted my testimony about the facebook postings used against me as proof of harassment/threat and asked, "Did you say these are news articles?" (the were)

She hired a lawyer who specializes in $exual assault defense and now does not get reimbursed. The judge dictated the definition of harassment to her and called her actions retaliatory.

Call it stupid if you wish but I did not hide or give away even one gun. I want to believe in our system.

Glad it came out okay for you but it sure tweeks me that someone could put you through that crap. I'd be figuring a way to get back at her for the trouble she caused you.:mad:

Glad it came out okay for you but it sure tweeks me that someone could put you through that crap.
+1 on the outcome so far.

I'd be figuring a way to get back at her for the trouble she caused you.:mad:
Perhaps twoclones might consider an RO or TPO against the retaliatory party as a possibility, if such an action can be filed against someone who has just shown a willingness and ability to attempt to abuse the system. Anything more might be imprudent.

Let me share with you the "proof" of harassment that got me drug into court and cost me 5 days of my life.

First there was this image and the following text.

8969_555917997875771_3220241202657921350_n.jpg
Washington State Residents
Time is running out to protect your daughters! Help them to buy a handgun today.

Under current State and Federal law, young adults between the age of 18 and 21 can LEGALLY purchase and own a handgun via private transaction. When I-594 takes affect, that Civil Right will be lost.

What changes?
I-594 will require background checks on all Private transactions (sales, purchases, loans, borrowing, and even inheriting) and federally licensed firearms dealers cannot legally run a background check on someone who is not yet 21 years of age.

This means that your 20 year old daughter (18-21 year old in fact) has NO LEGAL AVENUE for obtaining a handgun to defend herself from a stalker, rapist, murderer, mugger, or psychotic freak until they reach 21 years of age. By then it may be too late.

Initiative 594 is disarming young women for the convenience of all who would do them harm.

Then came the news articles I shared on my own facebook wall.

From the Houston Chronicle
<broken link removed>

From ABC News
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/kansas-woman-critical-sex-assault-set-afire-26973014

This photo from The Well Armed Woman was called particularly alarming even though I made no comment.

1505311_851110374934324_1245663290895492440_n.jpg

And what the lawyer called my most concerning post of all,,,
I shared Gavin Seims event without clicking the Join button or making any comment.

10262213_10152983180989683_7366881985120771467_n.jpg

NOW. Most of this mysteriously vanished from my facebook wall this afternoon.

Sounds like some people must have complained to Facebook about this stuff. Perhaps they made allegations to Facebook that you were using them for harassment purposes.

If enough people complain, Facebook will typically error on the side of caution and delete posts that are receiving complaints.

You might want to take the earlier advice you received to only allow Friends to view your Facebook Timeline. You might also want to review your list of "Friends", and make sure that they are all people that you really can trust.

I would not put it past this woman to not attempt to cause you further trouble in the future, so be careful. She might even try to employ some surrogates to help her in doing that.

Good luck and watch out for yourself.

Sounds like some people must have complained to Facebook about this stuff. Perhaps they made allegations to Facebook that you were using them for harassment purposes.

If enough people complain, Facebook will typically error on the side of caution and delete posts that are receiving complaints.

You might want to take the earlier advice you received to only allow Friends to view your Facebook Timeline. You might also want to review your list of "Friends", and make sure that they are all people that you really can trust.

I would not put it past this woman to not attempt to cause you further trouble in the future, so be careful. She might even try to employ some surrogates to help her in doing that.

Good luck and watch out for yourself.

I agree with everything you said, Lance.
Facebook was set to 'friends only' a couple of days ago.
Weeds still need to be pulled from the friends list.
I do expect this is just the beginning.

That same evening as our court appearance, a big fellow appeared at my door asking about the chainsaw carvings in my driveway. Very smiley, old surfer looking, and anxious for me to come and show him around my sculpture yard in the dark. HE did not set off my spidey senses but the situation did. (he actually bought something)

So I need to make some small adjustments.

Monday we go to court (in the next county) and my daughter presents her case for the sexual assault protection order. I will be there as moral support (which I suppose could turn into security).

I'm glad it turned out well and I can see why the judge tossed it out!

Facebook is for the most part anti gun anti 2nd amendment and beyond that I have had posts disappear one a trip with pic's nothing inflammatory or controversial.l..just a trip to chicago perhaps a glitch??

Best of luck to your daughter

That didn't last long.

The protection orders against us were denied on Wednesday.
Monday when we were in court for my daughters sexual assault protection order, "they" were granted a continuance AND they served my daughter with a new temporary protection order. :(

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top