JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
:s0123: "38 Super" just means that it's better than that regular ".38 Special" that the cops use to use.......Rrrrrright?

Yup.....like a "super absorbent maxi pad" is better than the regular maxi pad.
Thas_NOT_how_this_works.jpg

Oh_no_you_didnt.jpg

Aloha, Mark

PS... i-m-sorry-477304.gif

Last Edited:
Many noobs, when they're not busy voting blue (seriously, a sickening number of them did just that) are probably not a huge drain on the ammo supply anyway. "Yeah, I got a new pistol that will protect the house for me, and a whole box with 50 'bullets' in it!"

Yup.....it'll last ya forever!

DO NOT OPEN
Unless it's an EMERGENCY

Rrrrrrright.....
And ammo is especially good to have on hand when it's in the "wrong" caliber.

Rosies-Fat-bubblegum-Show.jpg

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
Frankly, I like clueless noobs a whole lot better than 20 something COD larpers in full camo with a drop leg holster telling you how tactical they are while their skinny frame cries at the thought of 50 push ups. At least the noobs will tell you they know squat

Although I completely agree. A person who can't do 50 push ups can still be very deadly with a firearm. I always have to remind myself this, because even at 6' and 240 lbs, a skinny jean wearing pipsqueek could still off me very easily given the right tools or element of surprise. Don't get caught by underestimating opponents :)

Noobs, into a new zone. Help them out, discover shooting sports, NRA, 2 nd amendment, we have all been there. Noob at surfing, boarding, sex, driving, etc,etc,etc. I'm looking forward to all the noobs selling their stuff. Then I get the deals.

Wait until the noobs do their first range trip, that is what scares me.
Yes, as an RSO, I can relate. I have seen some pretty damned scary sh!t on the firing line over the past few years!

Which brings me to why I've taken out four (count 'em, 4!) brand-spankin' noobz so far this year, and I have another one scheduled to go out this weekend.
And I have a tentative on a sixth before the end of this year. Do your part to shepherd the raw recruits along. :s0155:

So these new customers want to do business with your shop and you make fun of them. Maybe need to revise your long term business plan.
I have no idea what post you are referring to.

I did not in any way insult new gun owners, nor did the sign I took a picture of at a local gun shop insult new gun owners, nor do I own a gun shop.

Edited to remove the insult assuming JRuby was a Biden supporter. That was too low.

Last Edited:
I have felt that is how Tigards NW Armory's employees are more often than not. I very rarely visit them anymore. That store is much too small as well.
Yeah I got that feeling a few times going there as well except when I've dealt directly with Steve. now Sunset Firearms is the only gun store I use anymore. Prices are little higher on some things and the transfer fee is $5 more than other places I've used but I don't mind, considering the customer service is always good. Gordon always does a great job there, even on the busier days.

I was a noob once, I was eight years old. Adult noobs scare me, after all the news, the politicians, movies and television, they have a lot to unlearn.
Got into a heated discussion with my niece, a 32year old lawyer, last time I was in California. She just doesn't understand why I need a machine gun! We should all have muskets, that's all we had when the constitution was written. I pointed out that we still had slaves and women couldn't vote either, maybe we should unwind that ball of string. It just went downhill from there. I don't know how I escaped being a radical liberal, I was raised there too.
i don't own machine guns, just nice semi auto fun guns, but to her black guns are all machine guns.
I am going back down soon, going to try and work on her some more.

38 Super will chamber and fire in a 38 Special (or 357 Magnum) chamber. I suppose answering the question, "Will this work in my gun?" gets old pretty quickly. I was given a partial box of 38 Super after my bro in law mentioned he had some different "38 Special ammo" he'd been shooting and the empties were hard to get out of the chamber.
He's been handling guns and shooting for many years but his window of firearms knowledge is low and he's often embarrassed to ask questions.

Having worked at a gun counter , I have had many a "noob" question tossed my way.
It can get old , and tiring , but....
It is important to answer the noob questions honestly , along with a understanding
that ignorance. , if left unlearned , can be dangerous.

When behind the gun counter I much preferred the "noob" who asked questions , to the customer who so desperately wanted to show , usually loudly , everyone around , that he "knew" more than me.
Andy

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top