JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just found this posted on KXL, the onslaught just never stops...

Former Arizona Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords joined state leaders today announcing the new Oregon Coalition for Common Sense. the group supports realistic solutions to gun ownership ensuring people in mental health crisis can't easily access firearms and that guns are stored safely in homes with children present.

The group is asking legislators to prohibit the transfer of assault weapons regulate firearms dealers, and regulate unsafe handguns. Significantly regulate ammunition sales. Finally, allow all local governments to regulate firearms.

I especially like the "Significantly regulate ammunition sales" statement...

Ladies and gentlemen, time to ensure you've stockpiled all you might need...

Total disregard for the Constitution...

Anti-gun liberals make me sick:eek:

Oregon Coalition for Common Sense. the group supports realistic solutions to gun ownership ensuring people in mental health crisis can't easily access firearms

Apparently they don't have a problem with people obviously having their own "mental health crisis" having easy access to politicians to write legislation to violate everyone else's civil rights.:mad:

Here's something I saved in a text file. I bring it out now and then, whenever lefties start talking about crazy people having access to firearms.

On September 16, 2013, Aaron Alexis killed 12 people and injured 3 others in a mass shooting at the Washington Navy Yard in Southeast Washington, D.C. Alexis had numerous mental health issues, including claims that the voices in his head were harassing him and an incident where he disassembled his hotel room bed, believing that someone was hiding under it.​

On December 14, 2012, 20-year-old Adam Lanza killed 20 children and 6 adult staff members at the Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut, Lanza was a schizophrenic psychopath who could barely function on his own. He lived with his mother but communicated with her only by email. His mother once told his babysitter "to keep an eye on him at all times - to never turn my back, not even to go to the bathroom."​

On July 20, 2012, James Eagan Holmes killed 12 people and injured 70 others at a mass shooting in a movie theater in Aurora, Colorado, Holmes had met previously with several mental health professionals at the University of Colorado. He had made homicidal statements to one of his psychiatrists, and she believed that he could be dangerous.​

On January 8, 2011, Jared Lee Loughner killed 6 people and wounded 13 others during a constituent meeting held for U.S. Representative Gabrielle Giffords in Tucson, Arizona. Loughner was a longtime drug user whose behavior frightened his parents. His teachers were afraid of him. He had had five contacts with college police for classroom and library disruptions.​

On April 16, 2007, Seung-Hui Cho killed 32 people and wounded 17 others at Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University in Blacksburg, Virginia, Cho had exhibited numerous incidents of aberrant behavior beginning in his junior year of college that should have served as a warning about his deteriorating mental condition.​

The politics and religion of these killers probably have nothing to do with their actions. But one thing that is common among them and other mass murderers is that they were all known to be mentally ill, and their actions caused their acquaintances to fear them. In the past, they would have been safely locked away in a secure facility where they could not hurt members of the general public. But the mental health system in this country has deteriorated to the point where the only way a person can end up behind bars now is if they injure or kill someone.​

My suggestion is to provide a way for citizens to report dangerous people like this, and allow the police to pick them up and take them to a secure psychiatric facility where they can be evaluated by a professional. Right now we are using our police (with some minimal training) as street psychiatrists, and they're not qualified to do that. Let the professionals handle things and if they decide that the person is a danger to himself or others, keep him behind bars.​

Politics and religion and guns are not the issue. TV shows and video games are not the issue. The ability to incarcerate those who are dangerous mentally ill is the issue. In other words, the problem is not unlocked guns. The problem is unlocked homicidal maniacs.​

Back in the days before "deinstitutionalization," the criminally insane were locked away safely where they could not harm others. But now they are living under bridges, pushing shopping carts around, talking to the voices in their head, and using their clothing as a bathroom. And when one of them goes on a murder spree, no one is surprised, because everyone already knew they were dangerous. But instead of fixing the problem, let's blame the guns, eh?

I fear the giving the government power to incarcerate people on a whim, a lot more than I fear the odd nut with a gun. Anyway there are 2.4 million Americans in jail. Is that not enough for you?

I fear the giving the government power to incarcerate people on a whim, a lot more than I fear the odd nut with a gun. Anyway there are 2.4 million Americans in jail. Is that not enough for you?
Nope, not as long as homicidal maniacs are free to roam among us. There should always be room for those people behind bars. We shouldn't incarcerate people on a whim, but we shouldn't allow insane murderous maniacs to walk among us either.

I was talking with a friend about the Loughner case. My friend is a retired psychiatrist who used to work with law enforcement. He said that there had to be numerous screw-ups for a guy like that to be still walking around free.

Loughner had multiple contacts with law enforcement because of his bizarre behavior. His teachers at the college were afraid of what he might do, and expressed that fear to their superiors. The college kicked him out and told him that if he wanted to come back, he would have to get a mental health clearance stating that he was not a danger to himself or others. So, basically they said "You are wackaloon crazy and we don't want you here because we're afraid you might shoot up the school. Just step outside the campus boundaries and we will be okay. We don't give a rip if you shoot up the streets of Tucson as long as you aren't on our campus." The school should have been able to call the Sheriff's Office and say "This guy needs a mental health evaluation right now" to protect not only the school but also the rest of society from him.

The liberals want to take away guns from crazy people. That's not enough. The crazies will stab people or run them over with a car or blow them up with a bomb. We don't have to ignore due process, either. Just make a law that homicidal maniacs must be locked up. Problem solved.

This video is worth sharing not only with each other, but other sites and groups across the country. Apparently they don't want the general public to be aware of what it is they are actually about.

This is something like the third new gun-control coalition to be formed in Oregon in the last few years. Same names, same agenda, same smell. But the marketing is to try and re-brand themselves under a softer name (notice nothing about guns in the title of the group).

up to people like us to make sure they don't get away with it.

Vote, vote, vote!!!!

Work on those you know who are fence sitters, show them the secrecy done behind closed doors...

We are in this situation because of the average Americans lack of involvement...

Get involved, keep questioning why, keep testifying when possible, keep the pressure on your legislators and hold them accountable for their votes...

Our a republic does not operate in a vacuum..

Nope, not as long as homicidal maniacs are free to roam among us. There should always be room for those people behind bars. We shouldn't incarcerate people on a whim, but we shouldn't allow insane murderous maniacs to walk among us either.

I was talking with a friend about the Loughner case. My friend is a retired psychiatrist who used to work with law enforcement. He said that there had to be numerous screw-ups for a guy like that to be still walking around free.

Loughner had multiple contacts with law enforcement because of his bizarre behavior. His teachers at the college were afraid of what he might do, and expressed that fear to their superiors. The college kicked him out and told him that if he wanted to come back, he would have to get a mental health clearance stating that he was not a danger to himself or others. So, basically they said "You are wackaloon crazy and we don't want you here because we're afraid you might shoot up the school. Just step outside the campus boundaries and we will be okay. We don't give a rip if you shoot up the streets of Tucson as long as you aren't on our campus." The school should have been able to call the Sheriff's Office and say "This guy needs a mental health evaluation right now" to protect not only the school but also the rest of society from him.

The liberals want to take away guns from crazy people. That's not enough. The crazies will stab people or run them over with a car or blow them up with a bomb. We don't have to ignore due process, either. Just make a law that homicidal maniacs must be locked up. Problem solved.
Your plan has a major flaw. How do you propose locking up HOMICIDAL maniacs before they've had a chance to commit homicide?
I cannot support anything that infringes on the Rights of Citizens. I don't support giving the Government more power.
I hear California is about to put your plan in place though. A family member need only say a word and you lose your Rights. Makes it sound more like a privilege than a Right.

Just found this posted on KXL, the onslaught just never stops...

Read that the "coalition for communist sense. I'm surprised hanoi john mccain wasn't here to hop in bed with gabbie & kate. What a threesome that would make.

Former Arizona Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords joined state leaders today announcing the new Oregon Coalition for Common Sense. the group supports realistic solutions to gun ownership ensuring people in mental health crisis can't easily access firearms and that guns are stored safely in homes with children present.

The group is asking legislators to prohibit the transfer of assault weapons regulate firearms dealers, and regulate unsafe handguns. Significantly regulate ammunition sales. Finally, allow all local governments to regulate firearms.

I especially like the "Significantly regulate ammunition sales" statement...

Ladies and gentlemen, time to ensure you've stockpiled all you might need...

Total disregard for the Constitution...

Anti-gun liberals make me sick:eek:

Here's something I saved in a text file. I bring it out now and then, whenever lefties start talking about crazy people having access to firearms.

On September 16, 2013, Aaron Alexis killed 12 people and injured 3 others in a mass shooting at the Washington Navy Yard in Southeast Washington, D.C. Alexis had numerous mental health issues, including claims that the voices in his head were harassing him and an incident where he disassembled his hotel room bed, believing that someone was hiding under it.​

On December 14, 2012, 20-year-old Adam Lanza killed 20 children and 6 adult staff members at the Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut, Lanza was a schizophrenic psychopath who could barely function on his own. He lived with his mother but communicated with her only by email. His mother once told his babysitter "to keep an eye on him at all times - to never turn my back, not even to go to the bathroom."​

On July 20, 2012, James Eagan Holmes killed 12 people and injured 70 others at a mass shooting in a movie theater in Aurora, Colorado, Holmes had met previously with several mental health professionals at the University of Colorado. He had made homicidal statements to one of his psychiatrists, and she believed that he could be dangerous.​

On January 8, 2011, Jared Lee Loughner killed 6 people and wounded 13 others during a constituent meeting held for U.S. Representative Gabrielle Giffords in Tucson, Arizona. Loughner was a longtime drug user whose behavior frightened his parents. His teachers were afraid of him. He had had five contacts with college police for classroom and library disruptions.​

On April 16, 2007, Seung-Hui Cho killed 32 people and wounded 17 others at Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University in Blacksburg, Virginia, Cho had exhibited numerous incidents of aberrant behavior beginning in his junior year of college that should have served as a warning about his deteriorating mental condition.​

The politics and religion of these killers probably have nothing to do with their actions. But one thing that is common among them and other mass murderers is that they were all known to be mentally ill, and their actions caused their acquaintances to fear them. In the past, they would have been safely locked away in a secure facility where they could not hurt members of the general public. But the mental health system in this country has deteriorated to the point where the only way a person can end up behind bars now is if they injure or kill someone.​

My suggestion is to provide a way for citizens to report dangerous people like this, and allow the police to pick them up and take them to a secure psychiatric facility where they can be evaluated by a professional. Right now we are using our police (with some minimal training) as street psychiatrists, and they're not qualified to do that. Let the professionals handle things and if they decide that the person is a danger to himself or others, keep him behind bars.​

Politics and religion and guns are not the issue. TV shows and video games are not the issue. The ability to incarcerate those who are dangerous mentally ill is the issue. In other words, the problem is not unlocked guns. The problem is unlocked homicidal maniacs.​

Back in the days before "deinstitutionalization," the criminally insane were locked away safely where they could not harm others. But now they are living under bridges, pushing shopping carts around, talking to the voices in their head, and using their clothing as a bathroom. And when one of them goes on a murder spree, no one is surprised, because everyone already knew they were dangerous. But instead of fixing the problem, let's blame the guns, eh?

Keep focused on the real prize for the commies. They don't care about gun control, they want people control and this is their method of going about it.

Your plan has a major flaw. How do you propose locking up HOMICIDAL maniacs before they've had a chance to commit homicide?
I cannot support anything that infringes on the Rights of Citizens. I don't support giving the Government more power.
I hear California is about to put your plan in place though. A family member need only say a word and you lose your Rights. Makes it sound more like a privilege than a Right.
They tried to form legislation like that here in Oregon this year, Prozanski yanked it, being an election year and all...

Not doubt it'll be back with a vengeance next legislative session...

If we see a rabid animal, we don't wait until he bites someone before taking action. If we see someone driving erratically, we don't wait until he runs into someone before we pull him over. By the same token, if we see someone who is acting like a homicidal maniac, we need to take action before people get hurt. For most of these killers, the only thing more they could have done to convince people they were dangerous was to go on prime time TV and say "Tomorrow I am going to go out and kill a buttload of people." The only thing that surprises me about some of these killers is that there haven't been lawsuits where people say "You knew this guy was dangerous and you did nothing. Now my father/wife/daughter is dead because of your inaction."

I don't see this as giving the government more power. I see it as forcing it to do its job. Many years ago, dangerous people were safely locked up in "insane asylums." Then around the JFK era, the liberals got all concerned about abuses, so they decided they wanted to care for the crazies in "community mental health centers" rather than the large asylums. They called it "deinstitutionalization." They let most of the crazy people loose on the streets, but they never built the community centers. So you have situations like this one in LA, where the guy was released from psychiatric prison hospital after a 15 year sentence, living on skid row, still dangerously insane and constantly fighting with people. When the cops tried to arrest him for assault, he grabbed for one cop's pistol and got himself shot. Some people are blaming "abusive police" for not providing enough mental health care to the crazy people who are living in tents on the sidewalk. And other people are starting to recognize that it's not the fault of the police or the guns. It's the fault of the bare bones mental health system that we have created, and our fault for looking the other way instead of understanding that some of these people are a danger to themselves and others, and need to be locked up.

I haven't heard what California is planning, so I can't speak to that.

I see, so I prefer to do things the way they were done in the Soviet Union? Holy schnikes. Now where's that rolleyes smiley when I really need it?

It turns out that although the liberals are the ones who keep deinstitutionalization going, the original push for it came from libertarians:

Sure, Coulter is correct that liberals have defended deinstitutionalizaton and pushed it, and continue to do so, as well as protecting the privacy of the mentally ill and therefore their gun rights. But originally it was libertarians who spearheaded the deinstitutionalization drive, and then their ideas were taken up by the left. So it was a fusion of the two groups that is responsible.​

Here's a story from 1984 (!) that illustrates what I was talking about above. The beginning:

THE policy that led to the release of most of the nation's mentally ill patients from the hospital to the community is now widely regarded as a major failure. Sweeping critiques of the policy, notably the recent report of the American Psychiatric Association, have spread the blame everywhere, faulting politicians, civil libertarian lawyers and psychiatrists.

But who, specifically, played some of the more important roles in the formation of this ill-fated policy? What motivated these influential people and what lessons are to be learned?

A detailed picture has emerged from a series of interviews and a review of public records, research reports and institutional recommendations. The picture is one of cost-conscious policy makers, who were quick to buy optimistic projections that were, in some instances, buttressed by misinformation and by a willingness to suspend skepticism.​

And the rest of the story:

Dr. Ewalt said the 1963 act was supposed to have the states continue to take care of the mentally ill but that many states simply gave up and ceded most of their responsibility to the Federal Government.

''The result was like proposing a plan to build a new airplane and ending up only with a wing and a tail,'' Dr. Ewalt said. ''Congress and the state governments didn't buy the whole program of centers, plus adequate staffing, plus long-term financial supports.''​

What we keep seeing all over the country is dangerously insane people allowed to walk around the streets and commit crimes, when it's obvious to everyone who came into contact with them that they should have been locked up. They can keep committing crimes, up to and including killing people, and the liberals will only shake their heads and whine about the lack of mental health programs in the state where it happened. But the minute one of them picks up a gun and uses it, the hoplophobes start shouting for legislation to take away guns from law abiding citizens. As always, they're just looking for an excuse for more gun control, and they are using insanity as a way to do it.

Whenever one of these nutbars opens fire, the first thing the liberals want to know is "Where did he get the gun?" What WE should be asking, just as loudly, is "Why was he walking around on the street?" If we don't fix the mental health problems created by deinstitutionalization, then we will just continue to see "Coalition for Common Sense" groups popping up in every state, trying to disarm everyone.

If there's another solution to the problem of insane people committing crimes, I would love to hear it.

If there's another solution to the problem of insane people committing crimes, I would love to hear it.

Shoot them. The more people who are armed, the more quickly the bad people, crazy or not, will disappear into the ground.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top