JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Burdick will never give it a rest. We'll have to fight again in February.

12381605-mmmain.jpg
Sen. Ginny Burdick, said she expects to file legislation for the 35-day legislative session in February requiring comprehensive background checks for gun sales, one of many bills that died this session but could return in the next. (Michael Lloyd/The Oregonian)

The Oregon Legislature adjourned last week, but don't expect the state Capitol to remain quiet for long.

Even if a special session isn't in the cards, lawmakers have until September to prepare bills for the 35-day session that will convene in February and there's already plenty of unfinished business from this year's session that will likely return.

While the legislative roster is unlikely to change much, short sessions can take on a different flavor as lawmakers prepare for spring primary races ahead of next year's general election.

"What you do in this short session has a much greater chance of generating primary opponents," said Jim Moore, a Pacific University political science professor. "It's more politically fraught."

Here's a look at what you're likely to see next year, based on the unfinished business of this year's Legislature.

Guns
Sen. Ginny Burdick, D-Portland, pushed for the Senate to vote on bills that would bar guns from school grounds and implement universal background checks, but neither bill came to a vote. Burdick said she still thinks there's public support for additional gun controls.

"Not being able to get a vote on either of those things was very frustrating," Burdick said. "Universal background checks is definitely doable in a short session."

Guns, toxic toys and tax breaks on the agenda for 2014 Oregon Legislature | OregonLive.com

Time to ramp up. I figured we would have a battle as long as obum and the US Senate are still in control. Our leftists seem to think that empowers them :mad:

That woman is like a bad case of athletes foot. Keeps coming back and back. When is she up for re-election ? I think Ginny is my least favorite politician, and that's saying something. I'm from California ! In fact , she would do very well there. She would have to run in a liberal stronghold, like Berkeley. I think she may be a little too out there for some of the less liberal areas.

I always wonder who in the hell votes for these people. I guess it's the low information, .gov is my sugar daddy folks. Sigh....

I would donate to just about anyone that decides to run against her. Hard to do worse.

Voting against Burdick and Mitch Greenlick would send a powerful message. Oregon legislators need to understand that an estimated 40% of their constituents are gun owners. That includes a LOT of our Dems.

Hmmm.... I was under the impression she was the Senator from West Linn. Don't they have to reside in the area the represent?

If I'm wrong I apologize for nothing, but I'll stand erected! ;)

They do. She represents parts of West Portland and Tigard.

<broken link removed>

I've expressed my dislike of her many times.

Voting against Burdick and Mitch Greenlick would send a powerful message. Oregon legislators need to understand that an estimated 40% of their constituents are gun owners. That includes a LOT of our Dems.

Cause they are so good at taking out their own. Hate them but still vote them it. Can't go against the dem doctrine.

Most of you don't get it, you can't vote her out, her district is a liberal quarantine zone.

The best strategy is focusing on the other districts that have a chance and putting more Second Amendment friendly senators and legislators there. While she will still spew her hate, she will continue to get shot down, because the others will continue to be afraid to lose their jobs.

Washington County is a good example of a county in need of serious attention. Too many liberals are flooding in and bringing their diseased mentality with them, it's quickly becoming another Multnomah county.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top