Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Guns on Amtrak?

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by cameronhu, Sep 16, 2009.

1. cameronhu

cameronhu Ridgefield, Wa Member

2. Chee-to

Chee-to Oregon Well-Known Member

Yes, got a email from the GOA on the issue.

3. fingolfen

fingolfen Oregon Member

Read that as well - basically it brings Amtrack up to airline standards...

4. emanon

emanon SE Portland, Oregon Member

I use Amtrak and I'd love to again be allowed to at least ship firearms along with me when I travel by train. Better still, I'd like to be legally able to carry while riding. On a related note, I do not think "airport style security" would be beneficial for trains. Of course, I feel the same about airports. :)

5. torpedoman

torpedoman land of corrupt politicians Member

I used Amtrak .here is my advice when you think of doing it, go out to your shop, place thumb on bench, hit it with a big hammer, REPEAT AS NECESSARY, to remove the idea from your mind. left late and it was originating at that station, had a 5 hour layover to catch another train, missed the connection because the train was over 5 hours late arriving for the connection.on the way back the train left Chicago an hour late and broke down before it cleared the station another 3 hrs and we left again.arrived in Denver over 8 hrs late. I'd hitchhike before amtrac. P.S. I took my pistol no one checks your luggage and there are no metal detectors at train stations.

6. smithmax

smithmax here Member

I got all excited when I saw the headline, I thought it would allow cc or oc on the train. Instead it just bumps it up to airline level...worthless.

7. cameronhu

cameronhu Ridgefield, Wa Member

Perhaps I should have titled this "Guns on Amtrak - Still sucks"?;)

8. bnr32gtr

bnr32gtr Vancouver, WA Member

I know people who carry on Amtrak. They don't check and if one is smart about it, they won't check your luggage, either. Just check in right as the train is arriving so they rush to get the luggage on the cars.