JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Jeez guys, has anybody else noticed that there are about 10 people from Oregon for ever 1 person from Washington selling a firearm in the classifieds section of this forum?

I'm really curious why the scales are tipped so heavily towards OR. Either this forum is much more popular in Oregon than it is in Washington, or people in Washington don't hardly sell their guns once they have 'em... or maybe they just don't have them?

Or maybe there's another explanation, any ideas?

Yeah, we've noticed the lack of WA members as well. We're going to do some Washington shows in the coming months, so hopefully that'll get us more WA members.

Either this forum is much more popular in Oregon than it is in Washington, or people in Washington don't hardly sell their guns once they have 'em

Both of these, maybe. I was thinking the same thing about sales. You know, this is a state with no class III, no Everclear, I don't know- :huh: no fun allowed.

Our little nickel weekly classifieds used to have a pretty good selection of private sales, and that dried up a couple of years ago. Anymore it's mostly stores advertising in there.

Personally I've not sold a gun in over 20 years. When it's bought, it's here to stay. (Um, if I had a gun naturally, other than the clever airsoft replicas such as these shown for illustration only)

I would love to see more Washington members! I was first turned on to NWF at a gun show in Portland. I attended the gun show in Vancouver last weekend and was hoping to see a NWF booth, but no such luck.:(
However, I did see Coctailer... and he was handing out NWF cards to a few guys just during the short time I was talking with him.:s0155:

Talk about NWF with your friends, co-workers, or anybody who has an interest in our 2nd ammendment rights and firearms. Let's get a few more WA members! It pains me to see some of these great deals that come up every now and then... across the river.

I thought that may have been the case. Especially the week before at the P-town gun show, didn't run into the booth that day either....looked like a lot of vendors had trouble making it that weekend.

There is a gun show next weekend (Sat Jan 10th) in Vancouver. The Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington put it on monthly and it is a pretty big show. Not as big as the fairgrounds show but parking is free and admission is $3.

Here is a link with a map and details.
http://acsww.org

It's no big deal; things take time to grow. NWF had to start somewhere and it makes sense that it would center on the site owner's home state. I would have done the same thing.

Most of the online private sales I've seen for WA have been on opencarry.org under the Washington State subforum. It's not heavily populated or extremely busy, but of all the Looking-to-buys that I posted, that site yielded the first response (it even beat GlockTalk).

This site will continue to grow. Guns certainly aren't going to become a dead topic anytime soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think anybody is being critical, just excited about the site and anxious for more WA members. It's nice to read about threads that pertain to gun laws and issues in our state as well.

The open carry website looks like it has some good topics. Thanks!

I don't think anybody is being critical, just excited about the site and anxious for more WA members. It's nice to read about threads that pertain to gun laws and issues in our state as well.

Yep, absolutely. I had been yearning for a resource such as this site and am glad I finally found it. Buying/selling/trading is so much more easily done locally. I'm personally jealous that there are so many people active in the classifieds from Oregon, and so few from Washington. I'll be happy when I see more fellow Washingtonians up here!

I'm from Washington state, I'll join twice will that help? Actually I've passed the word to the usual suspects who dabble in the local arms out here in the desert. Possible the threat of contamination by Oregon writings may hinder these efforts. We are here, just looking at your guns, ha. Spad

If you guys end up coming to WA, and by WA i mean like puyallup not vancouver, id be more than happy to help if you need anything. Ive told everyone i know here that has guns about the sight. I think people are just either lazy or arent as into the shooting as they were when they first started out here.

Matt

I think its mostly that all advertising is done in the Portland Metro(Vancouver WA) Area so portland is much much larger than vancouver hence more Oregon People. If there was another NWF "Base" so to speak in Seattle the tables might turn(but that just makes it harder for me to find what I want in the classifieds lol)

I'm from Vancouver and just joined up! I think this is great. I had been looking for a group locally that was into firearms and finally found it.

I'll let my friends know. I also signed up for the group on Facebook.

(as far as gun sales go- once I buy'em- I'm holding on for dear life)

Thanks,
----
CaseyPOD

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR