JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not really. But I find it so funny that some people think only "true gun enthusiasts" MUST like 1903's or M1's or muzzle loaders or flint locks. Like it's a "cool kid" club and any Glock or AR owner need not apply.

I happen to like ALL guns, except Hi-Points and Kel-Tecs. That's pretty much common sense there. But just because I like black rifles and modular weapon systems doesn't mean I'm a "mall ninja" or a wannabe. It just means I like what I like. So to those that rant and rave about how AR's are only owned by posers or Glocks are just tupperware garbage, please consider that these are all just firearms and the owners of them are on the same side as you. We can also send more lead downrange faster and reload easier, generally speaking.

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

... or his father's father's father... any further back, and we're just throwing rocks and insulting everyone's mothers on the battlefield. ;)

LOL. And I know for a fact Mr. InEverson has an AR and at least appreciates Glocks simplicity. See? It goes both ways.

If you shoot a M1 across the course you will appreciate the mouse gun, (AR) so much more.:D
The AR with modular design change out lowers and uppers, barrel change, no bedding that wears
out rules Highpower.:D I like shooting M1s and ARs. CMP "Special' , AR 'Service Rifle'
P1000069.JPG
DSC00157.JPG

AR15.jpg
Well to me my AR Carbine here...is not different from ...
DSC06814.jpg
My J.Henry Trade Rifle circa 1800...
Both are just rifles...made to put their projectile accurately on target.

I certainly hope that I have never come across as a :
You need to own a flintlock to be cool or talk to me kinda guy.

Firearms come in many designs and materials...all of which have their place , use and fans.
All I really ask is that one uses their firearms in the safest manner that fits their situation.
Andy

I guess my point here is I get tired of the "mall ninja" moniker. Yes, I own a plate carrier and a belt system. Yes, I own lots of Glocks and AR's. I'm not an "operator" (I hate that term BTW).

I'm a dude that shoots and likes firearms. Respects his country, his family, his freedom and his flag. If you don't like that or feel that my choice of guns goes against everything you stand for maybe YOU should look in the mirror and ask yourself exactly WHERE does all the divisiveness originate....

but I don't really give a bubblegum what anyone thinks... about anything.

^ This, more or less. My tastes in firearms (like so many other aspects of life) has always been fluid, eclectic, and highly personal. I know what I like and when that shifts, so does the collection and the activities surrounding said. There are some firearms that simply have never held any interest, and may never, but others might, so good for them. And the outright junk is to be avoided like any other worthless tools. As with much of life's activities, I simply am not concerned with other's view of said, and if I am going to expend mental energy on something, I prefer it to be on something fruitful.

Suum cuique.

^ This, more or less. My tastes in firearms (like so many other aspects of life) has always been fluid, eclectic, and highly personal. I know what I like and when that shifts, so does the collection and the activities surrounding said. There are some firearms that simply have never held any interest, and may never, but others might, so good for them. And the outright junk is to be avoided like any other worthless tools. As with much of life's activities, I simply am not concerned with other's view of said, and if I am going to expend mental energy on something, I prefer it to be on something fruitful.

Suum cuique.

Buying a cheap gun such as a Hi-Point or a Kel-Tec is like buying tools from Harbor Freight. Most are junk, but every now and then the sun shines the right way and you get a good one. The difference is you're not fixing your vehicle, you're defending your life and your loved ones.

Why risk it?

I get the notion of disliking the "mall ninja" or faux "operator" BS that one sometimes sees around AR15 types of rifles....But to say that every AR15 owner is like that , is foolish.

Of course A table full of muzzleloaders will get my interest faster that a table full of AR15's...but that is not to say that one is superior than another...just that I prefer one to another.

It would be a boring forum and gun world if we all liked and shot the same firearms....
Andy

I get the notion of disliking the "mall ninja" or faux "operator" BS that one sometimes sees around AR15 types of rifles....But to say that every AR15 owner is like that , is foolish.

Of course A table full of muzzleloaders will get my interest faster that a table full of AR15's...but that is not to say that one is superior than another...just that I prefer one to another.

It would be a boring forum and gun world if we all liked and shoot the same....
Andy

I couldn't agree more, sir.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews