Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Guns in the National Parks

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by MountainBear, Feb 19, 2010.

1. MountainBear

MountainBear Sweet Home, OR Well-Known Member

Does this mean the rule allowing guns in the National Parks is back on? I thought it had been overturned...

And incidentally, the comments by the Brady Campaign in this article are naive at best, dumb might be a more apt description...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35484383/ns/us_news-life/

2. raftman

raftman Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Not just naive and dumb, but also really insulting.

3. TCOV

TCOV OLYMPIC PENINSULA Active Member

Starting Monday you may carry a firearm in the National Park in common with the state carry laws of the state you are in. Do not be shooting them, that is not ok.

4. MountainBear

I spent three years guiding fishing trips outside Denali Park, AK. Everytime I would drive the highway between the cabin and the customer pick-up, I would have to secure my revolver. It was a pain in the butt. This would certainly make things easier if I was still in Alaska. Oh well, a day late and a dollar short...

5. MountainBear

I never worried about the buildings, as I never went into the visitor centers. Its still ridiculous, but its less horrible than no guns at all.

But I thought this got overturned pending a asinine set of environmental impact and assessment statements? Weren't the bunny hugging tree licking enviros filing injunctions to get this stopped before it could go into effect?

6. TCOV

TCOV OLYMPIC PENINSULA Active Member

MountainBear you are thinking of the rule change done internally by the Dept. of Interior/Park Service. That rule was challenged on environmental grounds by antigunners and put on hold. Meanwhile a group of representatives elected by the citizens of this country wrote a more liberal set of rule changes and attached them as a rider on a bill to stop credit card companies from robbing you. They did give them one more year to really rob you before going into effect, hence the Feb. 22 2010 date. The changes had support from members of both parties.

7. Tactical SS

Tactical SS Washington Member

My favorite Brady quote in a Komo article was "Paul Helmke, president of the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, said: "Families should not have to stare down loaded AK-47's on nature hikes."

What a bunch of idiots...

8. Riot

Riot Benton County, Washington Well-Known Member

Paraniod society? We're paranoid? It sounds more like the Brady Bunch (and the like) are the paranoid ones.

"Oh noes, now everyone has guns!"

You mean "now everyone that wants to defend themselves from armed criminals has guns"...

Idiots...pure and simple.

9. MountainBear

I never carried in the buildings in the park. I was working for a contractor and would have been fired had I carried on company property regardless of the fact that it was also on national park property...

10. edhill

edhill salem, OR New Member

Does anyone know if the new rules regarding national parks also apply to national wildlife refuges? I don't want to violate any laws.

11. Buddhalux

Buddhalux Hillsboro, Oregon Active Member

Try reading the news article.

12. edhill

edhill salem, OR New Member

:thumbup: