Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Guns in Schools

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by ZigZagZeke, Jan 12, 2013.

1. ZigZagZeke

ZigZagZeke Eugene Silver Supporter Silver Supporter 2015 Volunteer

At least one school district has seen the light:

Montpelier school board approves carrying of handguns by custodial staff - Toledo Blade

2. netcarrier

netcarrier Portland, Oregon Active Member

Hi All,
    I just hope that more Schools and other Places take the same action. If someone was in the school at the time of the Shooting with a gun they may have stopped it before it went to far. Just my two cents
    Tony Portland, Oregon Area .

3. Leather

Leather NW, OR New Member

Awesome. Thanks for the post. All schools should permit ccw in schools in order to protect our children. I hope this encourages others to do the same.

4. CoastRange57

CoastRange57 Western Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

5. boarder4life81

boarder4life81 Eugene, Oregon Active Member

This is why I legally CC to PTO, parent teacher meetings and most of my 3 daughters school functions. I put in over 5 hours a week volunteering in daughters elementary classes and "in class time" has been one of the few times I don't CC because my XDM is a little bulkier then I want while working with kids. During that time it is very apparent that some parents get really weird when it comes to there children. Wife knows this and was gonna buy me a P238 for Christmas, but then the crazy hit. Custodial staff are a great concept for training and carrying.

6. Mikej

Mikej Portland Gold Supporter Gold Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

7. bnsaibum

bnsaibum Corvallis, OR Well-Known Member 2015 Volunteer

Under Utah Code 53-5a-102 and affirmed under University of Utah vs. Shurtleff the schools cannot prohibit teachers or other staff from carrying if they are legal to do so. Teachers in Utah can already carry, now maybe more will.

8. strick

strick McMinnville Oregon Member

Maybe this will spread to the district I work at as a custodian myself... We do have a new superintendent... just maybe.