JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
At least one school district has seen the light:

Montpelier school board approves carrying of handguns by custodial staff - Toledo Blade

MONTPELIER, Ohio - The Montpelier Exempted Village Schools Board of Education has approved the carrying of handguns by its custodial staff.

The 5-0 vote of the board Wednesday night to allow handgun training for four custodians to be able to tote weapons at the K-12 campus at the Williams County school came after last month's deadly shooting rampage at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Connecticut.

Hi All,
I just hope that more Schools and other Places take the same action. If someone was in the school at the time of the Shooting with a gun they may have stopped it before it went to far. Just my two cents
Tony Portland, Oregon Area .

The again remember they want schools and meetings to be gun free zones.

And this happened at a school board meeting.

Caught on Tape: Gunman Takes School Board Hostage - YouTube
This is why I legally CC to PTO, parent teacher meetings and most of my 3 daughters school functions. I put in over 5 hours a week volunteering in daughters elementary classes and "in class time" has been one of the few times I don't CC because my XDM is a little bulkier then I want while working with kids. During that time it is very apparent that some parents get really weird when it comes to there children. Wife knows this and was gonna buy me a P238 for Christmas, but then the crazy hit. Custodial staff are a great concept for training and carrying.

Under Utah Code 53-5a-102 and affirmed under University of Utah vs. Shurtleff the schools cannot prohibit teachers or other staff from carrying if they are legal to do so. Teachers in Utah can already carry, now maybe more will.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top