Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Guns in classified

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by taylor, Mar 4, 2012.

1. taylor

taylor Willamette Valley Well-Known Member

Is it my imagination or are guns that used to sit for months with no interest are now going very rapidly. And at much higher prices. I was looking at older generic 1911's that last year were selling for $300-400 are going for as much as entry level Springers.
    Seems like ANY gun thats under $300 goes quickly.

2. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Its your imagination good guns at reasonable prices have always sold fast. It could be that since at least a few guys are getting tax refunds they are in a position to buy.

3. DoubleTapDrew

DoubleTapDrew Oregon Well-Known Member

A decent 1911 for under $300 sounds like a very good buy. I paid $270 for my little backup .380. Since 1911s are en vogue now and few seem to have a msrp under $1k I'm not surprised. I had my eye on the STI Spartan because of the low price but have yet to see some available locally.

4. RoddyWA

RoddyWA South-Central WA New Member

I'll second your opinion Taylor, I've been looking for a .22 lr/wrm (I don't know if I got my abbreviation correct) revolver; used was fine. I visited a couple of larger pawn shops in Tri-Cities and found that the prices were comperable to new prices from most of the internet sales places: Cheaper than Dirt, Davidsons, etc. So were shotguns. I've been looking for a used 243/7mm/6.5mm Savage model 99. My God, the prices being asked for Savage 300 (the most common caliber) is $550-800. Ouch. This rifle is non-existant in the Central WA area and if you find one, the price will be $900 up.

5. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

I noticed a couple weeks back that everything was selling fairly fast.At one time,almost the whole front page of Washington adds were "sold/close thread"

And I love the fact that more people are buying guns.

6. soberups

soberups Newberg Well-Known Member

I have yet to find a pawnshop that wasnt asking utterly ridiculous prices for their guns. There is one in McMinnville that wanted $300 for a used HiPoint a while back. You would think that pawnshops would be the place to go for cheap guns, but apparently not.

mjbskwim and (deleted member) like this.
  7. taylor

taylor Willamette Valley Well-Known Member

In the Pawn shop on Liberty in downtown Salem was a used Springfield GI model with US grips, parkerized the price=$700! for a gun that you can buy new for $500.

8. Brown

Brown Saint Helens Member

Pawn shop prices are crazy sometimes

9. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

And remember, they gave pennies on the dollar for those over priced guns.