JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There have been cases this year in which someone walked into a church and started killing with a gun. Marysville Ill. in March comes to mind. Someone walked in during a service and shot and killed the pastor. Someone shot and killed that abortion Dr. in Kansas not long ago.

If something like that happens in my church, the gunman is going to die if I can get a clear shot. Someone walking up to the pulpit would probably give me that shot.

$.02

There have been cases this year in which someone walked into a church and started killing with a gun. Marysville Ill. in March comes to mind. Someone walked in during a service and shot and killed the pastor. Someone shot and killed that abortion Dr. in Kansas not long ago.

If something like that happens in my church, the gunman is going to die if I can get a clear shot. Someone walking up to the pulpit would probably give me that shot.

$.02
Exactly why i wouldn't go to church the day all guns had to be unloaded!

At my church I am certain that I am not the only one carrying on a daily basis and yes even at church. I don't need a special day thanks, especially if it means that day I have to carry empty. I do carry 1911's often so at least it'll make a decent rock to throw but I'd rather not throw it at somebody...

When I see a fanny pack on a guy, I immediately look to see if he's got a wallet in his back pocket. If so, I know what's in the fanny pack.

Nice clue, thanks. Now I know to carry a phoney wallet in my back pocket whenever I've got a waistpack on....... in case someone up to no good is onto that clue.

thanks.....

Just be sure to hollow out that wallet and put a Kel-Tec PF-9 in it. :)

No need to empty and hollow out my wallet to fit the pocket gun into it.... its pretty empty just now, as I've just posted the payment for the new Kahr MK 40 I just bought...... so it will fill the space the money used to.... at least for a while.

Great idea....... I may well use it.

If I do what I'm supposed to and keep my gun CONCEALED, no one is going to care whether or not I carry in church. No one will know. Thats the way I want it. In this day and age, I do not like open carry, whether in public or in church. 100 years ago it was common practice to open carry and no one cared. Today if someone sees you with a gun on your hip (especially anywhere near a church, or school, etc.) they're more likely than not to freak out and call the police. It will take a long time and some odd events to make open carry widely accepted again.

If I do what I'm supposed to and keep my gun CONCEALED, no one is going to care whether or not I carry in church. No one will know. Thats the way I want it. In this day and age, I do not like open carry, whether in public or in church. 100 years ago it was common practice to open carry and no one cared. Today if someone sees you with a gun on your hip (especially anywhere near a church, or school, etc.) they're more likely than not to freak out and call the police. It will take a long time and some odd events to make open carry widely accepted again.

+1 :s0155:

Life to a year dead thread.
I'm glad that the views of a lot of church goers is the same.

Good thing it goes well with my shorts and t-shirt.

KPTV just ran a story on the 10 PM News about a church in Louisville Kentucky that hosted a "Bring your gun to church day", in the hopes of attracting new members. Cops checked that the guns were holstered and unloaded at the event which drew about 125 gun owners. Amen :s0155:
<broken link removed>

An unloaded gun is just a crappy and expensive hammer.

This sounds completely contradictory to "Thou Shall Not Kill", particularly coming from a Christian church's position.

Don't get me wrong, I conceal carry to church as well, however, a true Christian belief follows the teachings in the Bible without deviation. But I will point out, there is no commandment that says "Thou Shall Not Intimidate or Wound"

This sounds completely contradictory to "Thou Shall Not Kill", particularly coming from a Christian church's position.

Don't get me wrong, I conceal carry to church as well, however, a true Christian belief follows the teachings in the Bible without deviation. But I will point out, there is no commandment that says "Thou Shall Not Intimidate or Wound"

two things: first, that commandment does not really say thou shalt not KILL. The word is more accurately rendered "murder". There ARE instances of taking a life that are biblically permissible, even commanded. When someone murders another, HIS OWN life is forfeit, he is to be executed (on proper determination of guilt, another matter.....). If someone breaks into a house, the homeowner has the liberty to take that one's life, on the assumption the intruder should not be there, has violated the sanctity of a man's home, and is intent upon doing harm to those within. No consequences will befall the homeowner who took the other's life.

Remember, as well, if I am a follower of Christ Jesus, I AM my brother's keeper.... that means, his safety and security is, as far as I can make it, MY responsibility. Someone comes into a church to burn it down, shoot up the place, create mayhem and harm, I am thus under obligation to neutralise him as best I can.... to prevent harm to my brother. Someone comes in, obviously intent upon murder and mayhem, his own life is already forfeit. I may, or may not, be used as the means to do so.

Thou shalt not kill is indeed a command.... but it has limitations, context, exceptions. Clearly spelled out other places in the whole text of Scriptures.

An unloaded gun is just a crappy and expensive hammer.

I think that we are comparing some two very different things here.

Those of us who concealed carry have taken a safety class. Most of us have practiced with out guns a lot. Basically we know what we are doing.

Out of that 125 gun owners at that Church, I think it is safe to say that a large number of them had very little idea how to be safe with a firearm. I think unloaded in this case was a good call.

I think that we are comparing some two very different things here.

Those of us who concealed carry have taken a safety class. Most of us have practiced with out guns a lot. Basically we know what we are doing.

Out of that 125 gun owners at that Church, I think it is safe to say that a large number of them had very little idea how to be safe with a firearm. I think unloaded in this case was a good call.

Not certain, but when I was preparing to travel to Kentucky late last year I sort of recall learning that one cannot carry firearms into a church building.. I'd have to check, and right now I'm not certain. That may explain the cops on hand, checking to see all weapons were holstered and unloaded.

I KNOW its illegal to carry into a church facility in Utah.... the mormons made sure of that.

In Washington and Oregon its fine...... far as I know. Montana as well.... and I'm pretty certain in Idaho also.

That's funny. One of my best friends in Washington carries a gun almost all the time. He is also a minister and has a master's degree in systematic theology. I figure that if he cannot find a theological problem with carrying, then I should be pretty safe...

Do a little favor to yourself. An in depth study of this commandment really translates to "Thou shalt not Murder". Definition of murder is to show mortal intent to kill with malice!. No where are we commanded to be victims of a murderer. If you are told by a murderer to renounce your faith or die, then choose to die for your faith. If you are confronted with a nut who just wants to kill the faithful just because they are available, shoot to kill with a clear conscience. Just make sure of your target and background! Greydog.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top