JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I want to know if this guy has a fanny pack. :)

GLOCKTEN.jpg

I was asked by my pastor after the last shooting if I carried in church. I told him yes and he responded I just want to make sure somebody is watching out for us in here. We have actualy talked about trying to hold a handgun saftey class for the members of our church so if some want to get carry permits they could.

Does he know that you only carry an 22lr derringer

Silly promotional stunt by some free-lance "pastor" looking for more congregants (and therefore more contributions). Didn't these hillbilly congregations used to offer prizes for the best-cooked possum-belly? Whatever.

I can't see any benefit coming from mixing guns and religion. Seems like a sort of thing we're battling against.

Last Edited:
Silly promotional stunt by some free-lance "pastor" looking for more congregants (and therefore more contributions). Didn't these hillbilly congregations used to offer prizes for the best-cooked possum-belly? Whatever.

I can't see any benefit coming from mixing guns and religion. Seems like a sort of thing we're battling against.

You've been battling against Christians who CCW? Where's that?

I know that Saudi Arabia will behead you for practicing Christianity. Have you been there, having some problems?

Specifics, please, about why Christians don't have a 2nd Amendment right?

I think he was referring the the extremist-bums overseas running around in dirty nightshirts blowing up innocent people with car-bombs and such...

If you saw his original post, and consider the context of the thread, I took him to be referring to our Christian churches in the US.

$.02

I'm in favor of both gun rights and religious rights.

And using one to advertise for the other, on the assumption that those in favor of one might be in favor of the other, just strikes me as cynical marketing.

Like a leftist Universalist pastor trying to boost church attendance by encouraging people to bring their favorite Playboy.

I'm also in favor of First Amendment rights.

I'm just sceptical of attempts to boost church attendance by playing on peoples' other interests.

If you saw his original post, and consider the context of the thread, I took him to be referring to our Christian churches in the US.

$.02

Nope... I saw his original post and I definitely got that he was referring to Muslim MILITANT extremeists who are taking up arms against all infidels... and suggesting that doing what this church has done is going to fall into the same category. Although I'm a Christian (I'm no doormat for Jesus.. I can tell you THAT), I don't have a whole lot of use for ORGANIZED religion and I PARTIALLY disagree with his original intent and implications because the "villian de jure" (Muslim extremists) is using weapons to intimidate, convert, or kill those who reject their ways, while Christians in THIS day and time need to (and should) protect themselves and their congregation members. The part I DO tend to agree with in his original post is that this is/was a publicity stunt to fill the pews... as well as the collection basket.

I rekon we have ALL put our foot in our mouths when "energized" by any given subject. He PUBLICKLY agreed that it was out of line, made good and edited the prior post... please let it lay and allow him his dignity. :s0155:

I'm in favor of both gun rights and religious rights.

And using one to advertise for the other, on the assumption that those in favor of one might be in favor of the other, just strikes me as cynical marketing.

Like a leftist Universalist pastor trying to boost church attendance by encouraging people to bring their favorite Playboy.

I'm also in favor of First Amendment rights.

I'm just sceptical of attempts to boost church attendance by playing on peoples' other interests.

So you'd be opposed to a church advertising a canned-food drive to bring in more resources for the people or even the community?

What is it about guns which freaks people out - even pro gun people?

What part of freedom do we object to?

I see no problem with guns in Churches, I'm not seeing the down side here.

If it brings people in...what's the problem?

If it brings people to understand guns better...what's the problem?

If it bring people together in general...what's the problem?

I see it as a win-win for everyone.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top