Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Guns in America: Who Owns Them?

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Kevatc, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Kevatc

Kevatc Oregon Well-Known Member

2. kumabear17

kumabear17 Issaquah Active Member

Well first this is an NBC poll which I take as questionable from the start. Notice they don't quote any sources which is typical. Still I find it interesting that even with a poll I believe is distorted there numbers aren't worse for gun owners. They do seem to try to make it a rich against poor toward the end. I might agree the more affluent you are the more firearms you might own. By the same token I wonder how many lower income individuals feel comfortable answering they have a gun - especially if they're using an Obama supplied cell phone. I know, I'm just being cynical.

3. TapRackNGo

TapRackNGo PNW Well-Known Member

I stopped at NBC. Propaganda Network.

4. DSAPT9

DSAPT9 North Idaho Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

I would really like to see what places they called and how many people to get these numbers.

1 person likes this.
  5. Rotty

Rotty Skagit County Active Member

Caveman Jim and (deleted member) like this.
  6. One-Eyed Ross

One-Eyed Ross Winlock, WA Well-Known Member

Rotty, you ain't paranoid if you're right.

7. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

If there are 80 million Racist White Republican gun owners in this country how on earth did OBAMA ever get elected in the first place not to mention relected?

I call bull

8. DMax

DMax Yamhill Well-Known Member

Consider the source Perfect for the low information voter, End of Story.

9. Scott

Scott Battle Ground Well-Known Member

Is it possible to have a racist gun owning liberal?

If so I am going to change parties.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

10. Swedish K

Swedish K SW Washington Moderator Staff Member

they claim the numbers came from a Wall Street Journal survey. Not sure how they did the survey but I'm guessing your inner city gang banger doesn't read the WSJ unless they have a stock broker to help launder their cash...

Oklahomie and (deleted member) like this.
  11. Trailboss

Trailboss Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

I know quite a few, though I am a conservative. It started with the KKK, made up of racist, murdering liberals.

12. Scott

Scott Battle Ground Well-Known Member

I bet there are more of them than me.

I am a conservative but not a racist but the way liberals are treating people you never know.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

13. Oklahomie

Oklahomie Marysville Active Member

As a man of African, Scottish, and Native American descent who also happens to look Hispanic I find this poll racist. huurummppphh.:partyman:

14. JackThompson

JackThompson Valley of the Demons Well-Known Member

Those numbers and percentages and "Facts" and "Figures" are some of the most laughable lies I've read.... ever...

I'm not for censoring "News", but there used to be a SOMEWHAT code of ethics in journalism.

15. Kevatc

Kevatc Oregon Well-Known Member

Do you have different numbers you could share? I am curious where the differences would be.

16. DMax

DMax Yamhill Well-Known Member

17. BigStick

BigStick Sherwood, OR Well-Known Member

I love how they assume that their readers can't do basic math so they have to spell out the change in % for them 36 to 37% is a 1% change...

And I have serious doubts about the accuracy of any poll asking about gun ownership. I know plenty of gun owners who would not tell a random person on the phone that they own guns. Even if it weren't NBC, and they showed their numbers and actual poll data, it would still be skewed.

18. kumabear17

To bad we, being gun owning Americans, can't figure a way to get an organization like the WSJ or Fox to run a poll which shows guns owners in a good light - and made up of black, white, red, brown and yellow people. We all own guns, but no one seems to know it.

19. mancat

mancat Kitsap County Well-Known Member

Fox has no credibility with mainstream news consumers. They will never recover from their image gained during the Bush years. WSJ has no incentive to support gun owners.

No, the only way to get any traction in the media would be to get MSM to change their support, which will probably never happen.

Fortunately I think that a huge portion of America is fully aware of what's going on right now. I know it's not a reliable indicator of any sort, but on every MSM news site (and niche sites too), the majority of all gun-related story comments are overwhelmingly pro-gun. The only place where you'll find top-moderated comments in support of gun banning, are on well-known left-leaning outlets such as Huffpost, Daily Kos, NY Times, LA Times, etc.

Go to any article on NBC, ABC, CBS, MSNBC, CNN, etc. - i.e. all the MSM news outlets - and almost all the user comments are pro-gun.

20. kumabear17

I did :)