Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Guns:Hunting and Wife's

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Oregonhunter5, Jan 12, 2013.

1. Oregonhunter5

Oregonhunter5 2C IDAHO Well-Known Member

Why does it seem like most guys on here, have wife issues, when come to guns and hunting?
    My wife must be a freak of nature. She says you go boy. Maybe she's trying to get me out of the house. She says I need the stress relief. 4 kids and all.

2. Just Me

Just Me Peoples Republik of Oregon Active Member

Last time I found .22LR ammo at Bimart, my wife asked me, "How much do you want?". I grabbed two bricks, she grabbed two more and we were gone.

For Christmas she got a collapsible stock for her HD shotgun (and was happy about it).

I feel for those who go shooting to get away from their wives.

3. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Not my experiance. My wife used to shoot blackpowder in competition with me. And has been an active shooter since we met 32 years ago.

4. CoastRange57

CoastRange57 Western Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

My wife also participates in hunting, and shooting with me and the kids. Well, grown adults kids. Almost everybody is CC including the DIL's. Will start the grand kids in another year or so. It is a complete family thing with us.

Now my ex wife from many years ago encouraged me to go hunting and fishing without her. And she had her own plans as well. :huh:

5. Just Me

Just Me Peoples Republik of Oregon Active Member

:funnypoint:

6. CoastRange57

CoastRange57 Western Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I think you have those numbers inverted. Should be the other way around.

7. xlsbob

xlsbob coos county Platinum Supporter Platinum Supporter

My wife not only tolerates the guns, she occassionally buys them for me. We have cannons and gun safes and reloading stuff strung around the house. She doesnt complain as long as there is some semblance of order to it. I also don't complain about her wasting space with her antiques.

8. DieselScout

DieselScout S Clackamas County Well-Known Member

Wife is 100% supportive of guns and hunting. She loves to go shooting with me and friends. She grew up with guns and camping trips with Grandpa to Montana to shoot "prairie puppies.". She is not a hunter herself, she loves animals too much to pull the trigger on one, but supports me in my hunting endeavours. She's a keeper for sure.

9. Oregonhunter5

Oregonhunter5 2C IDAHO Well-Known Member

Maybe she was hunting a different unit than yours.
    ;)

10. BAMCIS

BAMCIS Eugene Well-Known Member

Me too. Got away from her. The second best thing to ever happen to me.

The first best thing was when the woman who is now my wife asked me to marry her.

We bought each other ammo for Christmas and no matter what the weather is when either one of us gets a new gun she properly breaks it in. :woot:

11. Nanavic97

Nanavic97 Oregon, United States Member

I guess I'm a freak of nature wife too. Guns, hunting, 4x4ing, quads and other "man" activities are much more fun and interesting than normal lady activities. :eek: