JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just got done with my taxes, and my Oregon kicker was $1821. It was a pleasant surprise after I couldn't claim my son, a junior in college, as a dependent because he made more than ~$4200 from his summer/school jobs. Now what to do: be responsible or buy something fun. I've been trying to slowly update my EDC recently. Got a new RFID blocking wallet, Glock 17, a fancy Pentel drafting pencil, fixing to get a Casio Pro Trek solar watch. A recent flashlight thread has me looking for a solid torch, and finally I would like a Garmin Foretrex 601 wrist GPS. Anyone else planning on buying guns/gear with their kicker? Of course, my wife has other plans for this years refund, something responsible no doubt.

Already have my purchases planned.
Glock 19.
Another 1911, not sure what brand.
Tools and parts for what I've got.
Food and water for the stash.
Ammo
Mags for everything, but I need AR and AK mags the most.

Hi, my names JimBob Jones. Now that the preliminaries are out of the way, I like steak, salad with ranch dressing and fully loaded taters!:s0155::s0140:

Depending on how "aggressive" I get working the myriad deductions I often get five figures (or pretty close to it) back, which goes towards our annual trip to see family in Australia.... so no toys for me!

At least not ones the wife knows about anyway... :s0108:

Well, since I already blew my federal return on a Cmmg Banshee in 10mm my Oregon return and kicker I think will be invested in a case of 10mm ammo and a rimfire suppressor. And maybe an Eotech because my big igloo rifle still is opticless after owning it for a year :eek:

I wrote almost $75k in checks for taxes this year. But, that was my fault for dipping into an inheritance to buy a new house and truck. With market growth haven't touched principal yet but sure will miss my normal return. I'm the sole provider with wife and four kids, used to get a very nice chunk back, now it's my turn to pay, LOL.

Put 75% into savings or paying off debt, then enjoy the other 25%.

Dad, is that you? :s0114:

I hear you though. The wife and I try not to carry much debt (no car payments, etc.). For me it's the small, everyday items that I normally wouldn't buy that I really enjoy. For example, the Garmin Foretrex 601 is around $200 and seems like a nice piece of kit to have for EDC. The older 401 model is around $145, and I'm actually leaning more toward that one as it's smaller and has essentially the same functionality.

Not really because I get a tax return but the return won't hurt. Out of state for a few more weeks so gotta wait till I get home. Gonna spring for a couple/few form 1's and most likely one quality semi auto rifle. Something like a Bren 2, M1A or even a AR in 30-06 or 300 mag? If that G36 is still on here... :s0010:

I am pretty well gunned up right now. Looking for a black powder and going to spring for a semi auto 20 gauge for sporting clays. I don't have any debt or payments other than normal household bills. I do want to get a good GPS, a nice spotting scope and if I can find a nice bilateral linear amplifier to push my ham radio in my pickup to about 150 watts.

I don't really have to spend a kicker on anything, if I want something I can buy it. But I am a child of Depression era parents and my frugality is a bit excessive at times. The market has been pretty good to us the last couple of years and our retirement is looking a bit better right now. I am a pretty active money manager and make some moves every week that have really helped out. I have and Edward Jones account and they do real well, but there advisors just kind of let the company algorithims manage your money, but I made some moves against those recommendations and hit a couple of home runs.

wife and i got lucky and only owe $300 this year. havent seen a tax return in years. we own a home, have 2 kids, both claim 0, each put in 15% into our 401s, and she has a couple other pre tax benefits she puts into. :rolleyes:

the way i look at it, a tax return means you overpaid. a zero return or owe a couple hundred bucks means you got the most out of your money. not uncle sam.

Yup I clam single and zero but work tons of overtime when I am on the road. They really shaft ya on that double time. The company that I work for can't seem to figure out how to not take both Oregon AND California state taxes so I get almost everything from CA back.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top