JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I went from a Springfield Loaded, to a Dan Wesson Valor ( fantastic gun by the way ) to a Guncrafter noname ( best trigger i ever felt or more then likely ever will feel )

so i know the pain of 1911's

what id like now is a old 1918 or so
My dad had a Colt 1903 from the 1920 era stolen from him - I hope my brother actually snagged it and didn't say anything. That thing was awesome - for years I wanted to "take it" myself to make sure it stayed in the family and never did. I asked if my dad if he would let me buy it from him but got a no. It was in the deep Colt Royal Blue... Was in 98%+ condition. DANG I wish I would have just taken it............

You guys ought to invest in a 3d printer now, then and get more self sufficient than relying on what is allowed to be on the shelf. I can teach ya how to set one up if you're in the Portland area, I offer lessons and guided builds on the classifieds.

I ordered a shell for my 1911 from Alien Gear and swapped it out on my Cloak Tuck IWB. Old shell on right is for my Canik TP 9 SC Elite.

1911 shell.jpg

Stopped by the first gun show at my local range and came home with a couple goodies. Picked up a (bobbed) Taurus 9mm 905 revolver and a Vortex Venom 3moa. Pulled out 4 $100 dollar bills, even had enough change to take my wife and daughter out to lunch after bgc and everything!
EF3B31A3-6E3D-48E3-9872-B1AC2EC46CF1.jpeg

Stopped by the first gun show at my local range and came home with a couple goodies. Picked up a (bobbed) Taurus 9mm 905 revolver and a Vortex Venom 3moa. Pulled out 4 $100 dollar bills, even had enough change to take my wife and daughter out to lunch after bgc and everything!
View attachment 1262151
Have a stainless 905, great little revolver. I've had better luck with TK moon-clips than the Taurus versions. YMMV

Have a stainless 905, great little revolver. I've had better luck with TK moon-clips than the Taurus versions. YMMV
I've been looking into them, the revolver did not come with any. The seller said he had t used any moon clips and it functioned. I have a S&W 929 that uses moon clips and have been very happy with TK moons. I may try it without clips while waiting for them to arrive.

what is the red dot like?
I have one on my pistol AR. It's really nice and very compact. I can get flip up sights multiplier and red dot on the upper rail no problem. They are very light weight and great battery life. People have ran durability test and they are holding up pretty good.

20210921_201628.jpg

I have one on my pistol AR. It's really nice and very compact. I can get flip up sights multiplier and red dot on the upper rail no problem. They are very light weight and great battery life. People have ran durability test and they are holding up pretty good.

View attachment 1262589
Nice Strike add ons… can you mount it without the cowitness?

I like the AEMS, but for some reason I like the 510C better? Just make sure you change the setting to turn off the ambient light feature that lowers the light of the red dot based on the ambient light - otherwise you will end up like me and think it is broken as it dims and brightens.

Last Edited:
I like the AEMS, but for some reason I like the 510C better? Just make sure you change the setting to turn off the ambient light feature that lowers the light of the red dot based on the ambient light - otherwise you will end up like me and think it is broken as it dims and brightens.
Yep I don't like the auto feature either but some do. I had two 510s and sold them, I like the 512 more since enclosed. The AEMs window is a touch smaller than the 510 probably why you don't like it.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top