JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
In an effort to try and squeeze a half an inch out of my Savage 93 / 22 Mag at 100 yds and not resort to buying a CZ457 Varmant, I bought this Athlon Neos scope with two times as many zoomies:

61-9ldSMdFS._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Had my chemo infusion in NE Potland today, the meds make me have to use the restroom before I can get home usually. So, I stopped at Coastal in Oregon City and waited for some dude who was "wrecking" the bathroom. After 20 minutes of waiting, I walked over to Fisherman's Marine to use their restroom, after the said action I walked over to the gun section. They had a Rossi lever gun in 44Mag for a decent price but, upon inspection I saw a blemish on the outer edge of the muzzle. I asked and said this has got to be worth something, assuming a free $10 BGC, they took more than $50 off. I said let's do this. My wife, and all four kids shot this in our back yard with some 44SPL loads I had. Everyone approves. Here's a pic of my wife removing her doubts about having the kids fire it!
8C551673-837A-44AE-92C9-83C79116F0A9.jpeg

Had my chemo infusion in NE Potland today, the meds make me have to use the restroom before I can get home usually. So, I stopped at Coastal in Oregon City and waited for some dude who was "wrecking" the bathroom. After 20 minutes of waiting, I walked over to Fisherman's Marine to use their restroom, after the said action I walked over to the gun section. They had a Rossi lever gun in 44Mag for a decent price but, upon inspection I saw a blemish on the outer edge of the muzzle. I asked and said this has got to be worth something, assuming a free $10 BGC, they took more than $50 off. I said let's do this. My wife, and all four kids shot this in our back yard with some 44SPL loads I had. Everyone approves. Here's a pic of my wife removing her doubts about having the kids fire it!
View attachment 1257267
Heck yeah! So are they as nice as a Henry?

Heck yeah! So are they as nice as a Henry?
I've only shot a couple Henry's, both of them rimfire. This thing was about the same as far as slickness goes (is that even a word?). Not a long range precision rifle because of the open sites. But, it went bang every time with people from ages 4-43 shooting it. My 4 year old daughter loves it and wants to shoot it more when it gets light enough in the morning. I'd bet I'd a lefty read this they'd try to report me to CSD or something, LOL. Taking it to my local range to sight it in at a longer range then I have at my property on Sunday.

I've been noodling on buying a 1911 for my growing collection and finally "pulled the trigger" .

Tisas 1911 Duty 5" with rail from SDS Imports. It's a Turkish gun and was under 500.00. Reviews were good and after running a box of ammo through it Thursday, I'm pretty stoked.

1911.jpg

I've been noodling on buying a 1911 for my growing collection and finally "pulled the trigger" .

Tisas 1911 Duty 5" with rail from SDS Imports. It's a Turkish gun and was under 500.00. Reviews were good and after running a box of ammo through it Thursday, I'm pretty stoked.

View attachment 1257838
Yep you're hooked… next thing you know it's a second… then you get a colt or something and then it's… did you see the 2011 I just got on sale?

Yep you're hooked… next thing you know it's a second… then you get a colt or something and then it's… did you see the 2011 I just got on sale?
Always starts with a budget 1911, then something a bit better, a bit more expensive, turns into some of the mainstream 1911's like Ruger or Springfield…. That then becomes a quest for a Colt or two…. And before you know it your lusting over something custom like a Les Baer or perhaps something even more expensive…

I stopped after a Para 14-45, that was number three, I do feel a call for a 2011 in 40. but I need to shoot the ones I have more first.

Always starts with a budget 1911, then something a bit better, a bit more expensive, turns into some of the mainstream 1911's like Ruger or Springfield…. That then becomes a quest for a Colt or two…. And before you know it your lusting over something custom like a Les Baer or perhaps something even more expensive…
Me personally, I started with the Colt. I am pre mid-life crisis, so I am at a Dan Wesson level right now. Once I reach midlife crisis mode I am sure Ill be at the Les Baer level.

;)

Because I'll need to afford the oil changes on my Maserati when I hit mid life crisis mode...
Me personally, I started with the Colt. I am pre mid-life crisis, so I am at a Dan Wesson level right now. Once I reach midlife crisis mode I am sure Ill be at the Les Baer level.

;)
You are paying a lot of money to move up from a Dan Wesson and I would argue there is only marginal if any improvement over a Dan Wesson. The Dan Wesson 1911's are the ones I have held onto and nothing from Nighthawk or Wilson Combat or other high end 1911's has me wanting to "upgrade".

I went from a Springfield Loaded, to a Dan Wesson Valor ( fantastic gun by the way ) to a Guncrafter noname ( best trigger i ever felt or more then likely ever will feel )

so i know the pain of 1911's

what id like now is a old 1918 or so

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews