JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
In an effort to try and squeeze a half an inch out of my Savage 93 / 22 Mag at 100 yds and not resort to buying a CZ457 Varmant, I bought this Athlon Neos scope with two times as many zoomies:

61-9ldSMdFS._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Had my chemo infusion in NE Potland today, the meds make me have to use the restroom before I can get home usually. So, I stopped at Coastal in Oregon City and waited for some dude who was "wrecking" the bathroom. After 20 minutes of waiting, I walked over to Fisherman's Marine to use their restroom, after the said action I walked over to the gun section. They had a Rossi lever gun in 44Mag for a decent price but, upon inspection I saw a blemish on the outer edge of the muzzle. I asked and said this has got to be worth something, assuming a free $10 BGC, they took more than $50 off. I said let's do this. My wife, and all four kids shot this in our back yard with some 44SPL loads I had. Everyone approves. Here's a pic of my wife removing her doubts about having the kids fire it!
8C551673-837A-44AE-92C9-83C79116F0A9.jpeg

Had my chemo infusion in NE Potland today, the meds make me have to use the restroom before I can get home usually. So, I stopped at Coastal in Oregon City and waited for some dude who was "wrecking" the bathroom. After 20 minutes of waiting, I walked over to Fisherman's Marine to use their restroom, after the said action I walked over to the gun section. They had a Rossi lever gun in 44Mag for a decent price but, upon inspection I saw a blemish on the outer edge of the muzzle. I asked and said this has got to be worth something, assuming a free $10 BGC, they took more than $50 off. I said let's do this. My wife, and all four kids shot this in our back yard with some 44SPL loads I had. Everyone approves. Here's a pic of my wife removing her doubts about having the kids fire it!
View attachment 1257267
Heck yeah! So are they as nice as a Henry?

Heck yeah! So are they as nice as a Henry?
I've only shot a couple Henry's, both of them rimfire. This thing was about the same as far as slickness goes (is that even a word?). Not a long range precision rifle because of the open sites. But, it went bang every time with people from ages 4-43 shooting it. My 4 year old daughter loves it and wants to shoot it more when it gets light enough in the morning. I'd bet I'd a lefty read this they'd try to report me to CSD or something, LOL. Taking it to my local range to sight it in at a longer range then I have at my property on Sunday.

I've been noodling on buying a 1911 for my growing collection and finally "pulled the trigger" .

Tisas 1911 Duty 5" with rail from SDS Imports. It's a Turkish gun and was under 500.00. Reviews were good and after running a box of ammo through it Thursday, I'm pretty stoked.

1911.jpg

I've been noodling on buying a 1911 for my growing collection and finally "pulled the trigger" .

Tisas 1911 Duty 5" with rail from SDS Imports. It's a Turkish gun and was under 500.00. Reviews were good and after running a box of ammo through it Thursday, I'm pretty stoked.

View attachment 1257838
Yep you're hooked… next thing you know it's a second… then you get a colt or something and then it's… did you see the 2011 I just got on sale?

Yep you're hooked… next thing you know it's a second… then you get a colt or something and then it's… did you see the 2011 I just got on sale?
Always starts with a budget 1911, then something a bit better, a bit more expensive, turns into some of the mainstream 1911's like Ruger or Springfield…. That then becomes a quest for a Colt or two…. And before you know it your lusting over something custom like a Les Baer or perhaps something even more expensive…

Always starts with a budget 1911, then something a bit better, a bit more expensive, turns into some of the mainstream 1911's like Ruger or Springfield…. That then becomes a quest for a Colt or two…. And before you know it your lusting over something custom like a Les Baer or perhaps something even more expensive…
Me personally, I started with the Colt. I am pre mid-life crisis, so I am at a Dan Wesson level right now. Once I reach midlife crisis mode I am sure Ill be at the Les Baer level.

;)

Because I'll need to afford the oil changes on my Maserati when I hit mid life crisis mode...
Me personally, I started with the Colt. I am pre mid-life crisis, so I am at a Dan Wesson level right now. Once I reach midlife crisis mode I am sure Ill be at the Les Baer level.

;)
You are paying a lot of money to move up from a Dan Wesson and I would argue there is only marginal if any improvement over a Dan Wesson. The Dan Wesson 1911's are the ones I have held onto and nothing from Nighthawk or Wilson Combat or other high end 1911's has me wanting to "upgrade".

I went from a Springfield Loaded, to a Dan Wesson Valor ( fantastic gun by the way ) to a Guncrafter noname ( best trigger i ever felt or more then likely ever will feel )

so i know the pain of 1911's

what id like now is a old 1918 or so

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top