JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I figured "why not?".

Just bought a Belgian copy of an 1858 Lefaucheux 7mm pin fire revolver. Broken hammer spring, but I figure I can create a new one. You can make the shells out of plugged & drilled 25acp, so reloading will be possible. :)

Edit- nope, you can't make it out of .25acp, but I can buy the brass from hlebooks.com

20210927_013959.jpg 20210927_034909.jpg

Last Edited:
Consider the total cost, say you find them for 1.50/each, 50 miles away, and you get 25 miles/gallon at nearly 4.00/gallon, you've saved a net of 4.00 and driven 100 miles. Consider your time and wear and tear on your vehicle. That 2.50/each is more than you want to pay but might not be more than the actual cost should you need to travel a distance to get them at a lower cost.

I'm a cheap bastage, squeezing every penny and always consider the total cost

:D
I see what your saying, but if I find them in stock, and at a reasonable cost....

1. Right now I'm working odd jobs (landscaping, construction, etc...) and I usually end up all up and down the Willamette valley. So planning on picking them up while I'm going to be near some place that has for a better price really eliminates that added cost.

2. I'll stock up to make it worth my while, so I stead of buying the 4 or 5 I plan on using that day ill buy 50 or 100 or whatever and be set for a little while.

3. This is a big one for me its all about principle, IE me not giving my hard earned money to someone who I feel is price gouging me.
A few years back I was looking at buying a Nissan frontier (with 350,000 miles) from a Toyota dealership in Springfield, I came in the day they got it in (id been watching the website dail and they posted a text only add when they got it in no pictures nothing)

When I went to look at it it was over in the "not ready to show lot" and I talked them into letting me see it anyways.

This truck was Trashed it had empty beer cans, chew spit bottles, garbage pulled up to the seats, the body and the engine were filthy and you could hardly see through the windshield.

They said " you won't even recognize it after it goes through detail"

Get a call a week later saying its ready to sell.

I come in and they give me some BS " this was driven by a little ole lady who took immaculate care of it" story, and tell me the price is $8,000
I laugh and call their bullbubblegum and offer $3,500 (this is more in line with blue book ($3,500-$5,000) after a week of haggling they tell me they caved and will take $7,000.

I tell them to go piss up a rope. And I go out of town and buy a comparable vehicle for $3,000.
And have since steered at least 2 family members away from purchasing from Lithia dealerships

************** TLDR***************

not giving my money to price gougers and scum bags. Never have never will

So earlier in the week I was looking for IPSC targets that were in the Eugene/Springfield area that were at a reasonable price.

Found em
$1.49 a piece and really cool shop, they also do in house slide milling on pistols, I bought 20 targets and 1,000 roll of pasties for $34.99

Armac Tactical
190 W 6th Ave
Junction City, OR 97448
541-223-9624
Store Hours:
Tuesday-Friday 12PM-6PM
Saturday 8AM-4PM
Sunday & Monday: Closed

20211001_145415.jpg

So earlier in the week I was looking for IPSC targets that were in the Eugene/Springfield area that were at a reasonable price.

Found em
$1.49 a piece and really cool shop, they also do in house slide milling on pistols, I bought 20 targets and 1,000 roll of pasties for $34.99

Armac Tactical
190 W 6th Ave
Junction City, OR 97448
541-223-9624
Store Hours:
Tuesday-Friday 12PM-6PM
Saturday 8AM-4PM
Sunday & Monday: Closed

View attachment 1042472
Nice!

...& thanks for sharing, appreciated!

-I'm still too gall danged cheap though. Box of sharpies, $10. Cardboard - free. ;)

-& when I'm going super cheap, masking tape pasties.

Dont get too jealous of me.

Picked up a new SNS project, a Lorcin L380. Didn't mean to get it, just put in a joke bid and got it. Needs grips, grip screws, safety and magazine latch.

I'll gather parts & restore it this winter.

20211006_173354.jpg

Safeway brand 2 liters are on sale $0.79 +$0.10 deposit.

I showed self control and only bought 15 of them but I probably should have bought a few more love the sight of these things going boom!!!!!💥💥💥💥💥💥😈😈😈😈

20211008_220816.jpg

Had my monthly run up to Gators in Kelso Had lunch at the Lucky Dragon in Kalama on the way up
found an M1A magazine and a couple boxes of 5.56
Good food, and good finds made for a good day.:D

Scored 100 rounds of Cor Bon 125 jhp .38 Super. Fancy rounds for the BBQ gun :D
BBQ gun 🤔 had to look that term up, I thought at first maybe you meant to type something else and git auto corrected, but searching BBQ gun came up with a deffinitition, basically a show piece 😎, I'd never heard that term before, congrats on the ammo score, everytime I buy ammo at a decent price anymore I feel good, like I won a contest or something.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top