JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
But, but, but, dear....it just followed me home!

image.jpeg

Stepped up to the big boys.

Added a Dillon 750XL to the fold, 9mm & .233, should be here just in time after the swearing in that's gonna happen in the basement.

So soon I'll be releasing the other presses I've been fond of over the last 8 years to new homes.

No guns this year. Only gear and equipment upgrades.

Last Edited:
Got a call from Cimmeron Firearms explaining I wanted to be on a waiting list for a Smith and Wesson # 3, 8", .45 Long Colt handgun. So bought it today, as their long awaited order for that gun came in. I'm a big fan of all our old frontier handguns, lever action guns, and old single shot Remington and Winchester guns. I'm a rediculous gun nut. Way too many guns that I just love as art forms. Also into bespoken, side by sides. They make wonderful Winchester 1894s , 1892s, and 1973s, Was trying to talk them into order offering their 1894s in 25/35 caliber with 26" barrels. Flood them with requests for that chambering, and , maybe they might consider a run in that caliber. Hornady's Leverlution in that caliber has changed everything. What a round. I've got an old original in that caliber and love it.

Not today, but a few days back I received a Benchmade bugout after cashing in a gift certificate from a family member.
I also purchased a Zev Technologies pro trigger assembly for a pistol of mine, and UPS lost it. So I'm dealing with that.

Been looking at the Ruger American Ranch in 5.56 on and off for a year or two (the one that takes AR mags). Ran across one in stock with free shipping so it's going to be winging it's way here (and a few 10 round PMAGs for bench shooting). No iron sights, which is a drag because most of the shooting I do is sub 100 yards. I was about to order a scope when I decided to check the web for iron sights for it. Turns out NoDak Spud just came out with a set a month or so ago. The sights will co-witness a standard reddot like a TRS-25 (I do have a spare one of those . . .). Have to call and order them tomorrow. Also got a sling for it (rubber "Ultimate Sling") which works well for general sling duties on some of my other rifles. No 5.56/.223 suppressor yet, but that may change as it's threaded so why not.

Here's what it should pretty much look like (picture from NoDak's website):
RAR%20a%20web.jpg

It's like a liberty training rifle with more liberty! Should pair nicely with my Ruger American Rimfire in 22lr with iron peep sights. A big and little brother setup.

Boy, that thing is gong to look interesting with my D-60 drum under it. :D

3-slot picatinny M-LOK rail for the Henry Big Boy X I brought home on Monday. Kodiak sling for it as well. Just tried to find some more 250 grain Hornady XTPs to feed it and they are out everywhere on the Net. Of course Optics Planet says I can order all I want with a 1 to 4 month expected delivery... :rolleyes:

Been looking at the Ruger American Ranch in 5.56 on and off for a year or two (the one that takes AR mags). Ran across one in stock with free shipping so it's going to be winging it's way here (and a few 10 round PMAGs for bench shooting).
The 60 round Magpul drum works great in my Mossberg bolt rifle, and has reasonable clearance. My brother calls the combo "chucker-pocalypse" ....

1611244393422.png

(Stock photo)

The 60 round Magpul drum works great in my Mossberg bolt rifle, and has reasonable clearance. My brother calls the combo "chucker-pocalypse" ....

View attachment 811402

(Stock photo)

:s0114:

A co-worker has the MVP and we tried the D-60 on it. Worked fine but was funny to see. I'm partial to Ruger and like the shorter, threaded barrel otherwise I would have probably gone with the MVP. Seemed like a great rifle.

Finally got acceptance for my order from SWFA July 5th for Fiocchi 4 Buck Nickle plated 50 rounds - $37.84. Hopefully will arrive soon. I had forgotten about ordering them.:rolleyes:
1611368153555.png

Last Edited:
More mail order shenanigans...
Purchased another pistol frame from rainier arms, delivery was set for yesterday, but the package was forwarded to a new address and is out for delivery in an entirely different zip code. Spent 40 minutes on hold with usps this morning only to find out that they won't tell me why or how my package was forwarded to a place I don't live. I was told that I probably just forgot to update my address when I moved last, and was met with awkward silence when I informed the person on the other end that I've lived in my current setting for almost eight years. After that they just asked if there was any other help they could offer and started trying to get off the line.

More mail order shenanigans...
Purchased another pistol frame from rainier arms, delivery was set for yesterday, but the package was forwarded to a new address and is out for delivery in an entirely different zip code. Spent 40 minutes on hold with usps this morning only to find out that they won't tell me why or how my package was forwarded to a place I don't live. I was told that I probably just forgot to update my address when I moved last, and was met with awkward silence when I informed the person on the other end that I've lived in my current setting for almost eight years. After that they just asked if there was any other help they could offer and started trying to get off the line.
It's almost certain that the barcode was partially scuffed or the ink is not complete. Then there's always the fact that people can potentially place it on the wrong plane or something else. Forget the fact that people order millions of things daily. But hey I guess everything is supposed to be perfect nowadays

It's almost certain that the barcode was partially scuffed or the ink is not complete. Then there's always the fact that people can potentially place it on the wrong plane or something else. Forget the fact that people order millions of things daily. But hey I guess everything is supposed to be perfect nowadays
Don't expect perfection. Also don't expect my packages to get forwarded to a zip code across town, and to get told that it was my fault by the person I consulted about it. I work in shipping, and am well apprised of the issues caused by sheer volume.
But hey, I guess everyone needs a reason to make a dumb comment these days. Edit: not you @AK0perator47 . Still sore about the dummy who told me it was my fault.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top