JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I scored some powder at Walmart to help with reloading...

image.jpeg

Oh, and a Franklin Arsenal Platinum Rotary Tumbler from MidwayUSA

Popped my very first primer...

image.jpeg

with a handheld Harvey Deprimer tool. It is well made and easy to use.

47 - 30 Carbine and 180 - 9mm ready to wet tumble. Now I just have to figure out how to refill them ???? :s0060:

Got the scope mounted. Scope is heavier than I anticipated and bigger than the one it replaced, which is the opposite of what I was going for. But the clarity and quality is vastly better.

The scope weighs more than a much bigger Nikon 3x9.

IMG_20201003_164153239.jpg

I was thinking about buying another gun, looked around and stopped after everywhere I looked was out of stock.
HK can be that way... I'll give it a month or two and try again...

Can you tell a noob about it?
Fail Zero lightweight BCG. It's on the way. :)

What arrived today was a Proof Research 18" carbon fiber barrel in 6mm ARC. Rebuilding a Barrett REC7

Mighty stoked to do it

EDIT-- A good article on just what my rifle should end being.

FF9F84C5-4FFB-448F-B615-782E3867E805.jpeg EB3C65CD-5EE5-4986-8B0D-94F59D60C7FF.jpeg

Last Edited:
Got 150 Federal #8 12GA minishells. Cost 48.3 cents per round at Walmart. I just bought one of those OPSol miniclip adapters to run the 1.75" shells in my Mossberg 500 (with 590a1 tube end, trigger group, upgraded metal safety, Hogue AR grip, Hogue AR stock, and Hogue foregrip, XS tritium big dot sight, etc) but hadn't been able to find any minishells until today. Bought all they had since I don't know the next time I'll be able to find any for that price. If they run reliably, I may switch my home defense ammo to minishells (although the buckshot variety) so that I can fit more rounds into the 500. It'll hold 6 or 7 2.75" shells and 10 or 11 minishells. I haven't test loaded it yet but should certainly add a few more rounds.

Federal's pic:
FP_SH1298_ShortyShotshell12ga_Combo_R.jpg

OPSol miniclip:

Edit to add, I just ordered a Shoten Armory extended slide release for the same Mossberg 500, because the new pistol grip makes it so I have to reposition my hand from my shooting position to release the slide, which is less than ideal. I also took a leap and ordered a 12GA 6 round shotgun card from Original SOE. Apparently the owner is not very customer service oriented but they supposedly make good gear (especially for the price on their shotgun cards) so it's a bit of an experiment. SOE has policies like 8 to 12 week lead time. No refunds. Customers with complaints get made fun of in YouTube videos. I don't think I'd be willing to take the gamble on a more expensive product from them.

Last Edited:
So with the help of @Saffir our excitement of putting the rifle together today got the best of us!!
This is all a Barrett REC7 (ex-300 BO)(is now a 6mm ARC) w/ a Proof R CF 18" barrel & gas block and a Geissele SSA-E trigger. Added a Sig BDX scope and a Silencerco ASR flash hider. Will host a Silencerco Chimera 300 can on it. Range time Tuesday. Why? Got hammered afterwards!!! Tuesday it is.

EDIT - with the scope and suppressor this weighs in at 9 pounds!

8E722C98-B5E7-486A-AF66-C0370DDCF334.jpeg 995736E0-F09C-425A-81EE-B7302745391C.jpeg 96391919-BD76-49F5-BCA5-9B82D442287F.jpeg

Last Edited:
So with the help of @Saffir our excitement of putting the rifle together today got the best of us!!
This is all a Barrett REC7 (ex-300 BO)(is now a 6mm ARC) w/ a Proof R CF 18" barrel & gas block and a Geissele SSA-E trigger. Added a Sig BDX scope and a Silencerco ASR flash hider. Will host a Silencerco Chimera 300 can on it. Range time Tuesday. Why? Got hammered afterwards!!! Tuesday it is.

View attachment 758256 View attachment 758257 View attachment 758258
Can't think of a better way to have spent a Sunday. Friends, guns and booze! That carbon fiber Proof barrel gives me a chubby!

Can't think of a better way to have spent a Sunday. Friends, guns and booze! That carbon fiber Proof barrel gives me a chubby!
Could've sworn you told me this morning that you were thrilled that you "would be all done and not need anything else". You are just too easy! Oooooo! Shiny things!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top