JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ordered one of these as a fun truck gun akp_gray_2.jpg
then looked up and found 4k of for sale p_250000637_1_1.jpg A few specialty parts are on order from Ivan's so it should be up and running soon!!!

I just bought a 9mm Match Conversion Barrel for my Glock Model 22 40 Ca. Pistol.
I was given my Glock 22 by the Police Department when I retired as a gift at my retirement party.
Presently, I am a Reserve Deputy for the Sheriffs Department here in Tennessee. Just for Firearms and Training purposes. I had all the actual police work I wanted after over 27years. But the sheriff wanted me for my firearms experience and to assist with training. Bottom line they have Glock 9mm Pistols. Since they furnish the 9mm ammunition iIt was a no brainer to get the 9 mm Conversion since I have my 22 all set up with Trijicon HD Sights. And to buy another 9mm Glock and equip it like mine was pretty costly. But the 9 mm Match Barrel Conversion and 4 new Model 17 9 mm magazines was right at $150 total!:)

I've got several of these Safariland paddle holsters which I like quite a lot. Great for open carry retention and are very comfortable for all day use if need to be. Pictured here is my G26 but I use the one for my G20 when I'm in the back country on the bike or camping etc.

View attachment 702822
Safariland 6000 or 7000 series? I just bought a 5198 for my SCCY CPX-1. I have three Safariland 568's with the soft stitched leather like material with a paddle and belt mount. I love them and wouldn't buy anything else for a semi-auto pistol. I also bought the double mag pouches that go with them, 572-76-2, also a paddle/belt mount. Nice holster, should last and be comfortable. They really don't print much and the paddle is easy to put on and take off.

Safariland 6000 or 7000 series? I just bought a 5198 for my SCCY CPX-1. I have three Safariland 568's with the soft stitched leather like material with a paddle and belt mount. I love them and wouldn't buy anything else for a semi-auto pistol. I also bought the double mag pouches that go with them, 572-76-2, also a paddle/belt mount. Nice holster, should last and be comfortable. They really don't print much and the paddle is easy to put on and take off.
Mine are the 6000 series. 6378 in particular.

Ayyy!

I'm stoked!

I am so excited, too excited in fact.
chrome_2020-05-29_18-39-43.png
My wallet cannot take it... Gonna build a Pistol, probably a 4.5-5" barrel, a nice short handguard, with an SBA3 brace and a flash can. I get some extra cash in July, so it's gonna be painful looking at this gorgeous hunk of Aluminium every day until it's built.

Revamping my cleaning kit. Bought some Tipton stuff:
22-26 and 27 to 45 caliber carbon cleaning rods
Ultra Jag set, brush set
Universal bore guide
Slick 2000 combo pack (never used their products and was curious)

I received an order from Brownells today. Two cans of ALUMAHYDE for gun coating, two Magpul Rangerpuls for USGI .556 magazines and one D&H metal 10 round magazine for my AR 10.

Revamping my cleaning kit. Bought some Tipton stuff:
22-26 and 27 to 45 caliber carbon cleaning rods
Ultra Jag set, brush set
Universal bore guide
Slick 2000 combo pack (never used their products and was curious)
I have been using Slip 2000 for about 5 years. It works great - EWL and the Grease. The grease solved my galling problem with my AMT Hardballer that I inherited from my Dad. He never shot it much because he couldn't figure out how to stop the galling - soft stainless. He just shot his WWII Remington 1911.

I took it apart and polished the slide to frame surface (not the slide to frame rails) and applied Slip 2000 grease - problem solved. I do apply a thin layer to the slide rails. It is one of the better AMT Hardballers - feeds hollow points and shoots great.

It is so inert that the grease makes good hand cream.:s0140:

I still use Hoppes on the outside of my guns. It just seems to work better at preventing rust and leaves a nice looking finish.

Decided last night is was time to retire my trusty old Winchester Model 54 30-06. Not that it really wanted to retire since it will still shoot 5 shots into one big hole, but I need to have something a little lighter for pack hunting. Went to Sportsman's today and looked at Ruger, Tikka, Howa and Savage, then ordered the Winchester XPR in 30-06. Thought about maybe trying the .308 or 7mm-08, but I already reload for the -06 and it would be easier just to back into another load for this gun. Now to labor over glass.

fc17954e762ee8c28386e6e63bc32c37.jpg

Pick up a new safe with my Uncle Trump money. Not a gun safe, but a heavy Am Sec that freed up the shelves in my gun safe.
Win win as now all the valuables aren't in the same location.
Always wanted one as I'm super impressed with the build. It's >700lbs at 24x24x40

Went to the city to work out* today and other business like supplies and working on replacing our primary truck, but I also picked up some .450 BM ammo and sling swivels as part of Proyecto: Trueno. I'm planning on working on firewood tomorrow but also finally giving this new rifle a test spin on place up the hill. If all works out, very good, and I'll likely buy a scope for said soon. The silencer for said is already in the pipeline, but, alas, I am waiting on the federal friends to approve my ability to exercise a right.

Proyecto Trueno.jpg

* Went to gym, speak to fellow at desk about what is new and if I have to reactivate my account. He says no, just swiping my card reactivates, and the social distancing is automatic with how they mark the machines. Fantastic. I do a full set, jog two miles on machine ... then find no showers. Because the state says "no", though this makes little sense as one would think being clean would help with the spread of illness. Be that as it may, thank you desk fellow for omitting this important piece of information. :eek:

Decided last night is was time to retire my trusty old Winchester Model 54 30-06. Not that it really wanted to retire since it will still shoot 5 shots into one big hole, but I need to have something a little lighter for pack hunting. Went to Sportsman's today and looked at Ruger, Tikka, Howa and Savage, then ordered the Winchester XPR in 30-06. Thought about maybe trying the .308 or 7mm-08, but I already reload for the -06 and it would be easier just to back into another load for this gun. Now to labor over glass.

View attachment 703983
I have one in .270 Winchester, and was surprised at how well I liked it. It balances nicely and seems to shoulder well. I have not shot it yet, but plan on mounting my Nikon PROSTAFF P5 4-16x42SF Matte BDC, with Leupold steel mounts and rings in the near future.

For an inexpensive rifle, it has some good things going for it. Enjoy.

Last Edited:
Arm got tired somewhere in the second thousand rounds of brass processing, today, so I finally caved and ordered a casefeeder for my LnL press. Plus the large and small pistol plates. Strange, that the left gets more tired feeding cases than the right does pulling the lever.

Well tomorrow will begin my first attempt at loading bottle neck cartridges and so in preparation I have grabbed the last ingredient needed

AE7AD84E-9BB6-46B1-B675-FBABBCA9C7E2.jpeg

It wasn't today but a couple weeks ago I picked up a slightly used Molot Vepr 12. It comes with a 5 round mag. I picked up a 10 and a 12 round SGM Tactical mags to see how those will work. Haven't gotten it to the range yet...

20200515_191458.jpg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads