JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hey, I find the weight helpful. Polymer may work for others, just not for me. "Carry what fits YOUR needs/preferences" and all that... :)

Did I mention finally having my [EDIT: BFD*] ordered and on the way? Now I'm just down to the timing washers and ammo...
*Sorry, having trouble keeping acronyms straight today...

Last Edited:
Lol I don't care what you carry I just like to get the 1911 guys worked up if talk bad bout 1911 some guy's act like your talking bout there mom or something HEHEH OK I'm done going too sleep now

Some of us are dead serious... some of us it's all in fun, kinda mocking the clinging "my way or highway" of the UberTactikewl HK Phanboiz and Block-heads. :p

In my case I tend to, when not in 5.11, prefer "classic style" in my suits, and same in the sidearms worn with them--as a general rule my first "style" question is "would my grandfather have worn this?"

Eh, when my stepdad and dad were in the military the M1911A1 would have been the standard issue, so whenever I choose a 1911 its mostly a tribute to them.

Glocks, Berettas, etc just don't give me the warm fuzzy feel a 1911 would. Well, the warm fuzzy feel that comes after the freezing cold in the winter.

Some of us are dead serious
I'm not allowed to be serious. If a clown is serious, and I truly mean serious, then the world just ain't right.

Nope, just all the glory of a decent base for a M1911 clone. Something a polymer 1911 couldn't do without feeling off.

If you consider 12 oz a big difference, I'm not the one with limp wrist issues. ;)

View attachment 344376

I see your point here. However, 3/4lb. is a a big difference if you have issues, like Sciatica or a torn rotator cuff. I'd like to carry my beloved Colt Officers mdl, but that's behind me now!

I see your point here. However, 3/4lb. is a a big difference if you have issues, like Sciatica or a torn rotator cuff. I'd like to carry my beloved Colt Officers mdl, but that's behind me now!
This is true, I was just speaking from the point of view of someone without any issues. That sucks, I have a hard time picturing myself not carrying a Colt. :(

This is true, I was just speaking from the point of view of someone without any issues. That sucks, I have a hard time picturing myself not carrying a Colt. :(

Thanks! But not a problem. I love my polymer pistols! They are all DAO, all operate exactly the same.
That's.
1. .45ACP
2. Two 9mm's
3. one .380
I use the same brand and style of holster for all the polymers. Makes everything nice and smooth. Guns all work the same, and they're on the same spot on my side! :)

That is a great lookin' rig!

I can see a bunch of BBQ's in your future! "Oh!" "Gosh!" "Did I accidentally let my shirt ride up over my gorgeous Kimber and all the fancy leather art I carry it in?" :D
Thanks for the compliment...

Not only a looker, but darn comfortable too... Honestly, it's quickly becoming my favorite combination. Sufficient caliber, sufficient round count, light weight, accurate and comfortable...

Did a schlepping through Goodwill. Found a Remington XL Shotgunner's jacket. What a cheap asz POS. Didn't buy it.
Over in the "china junk section" found a 13oz pewter plate (did anyone say "cast boolits"?) for $2.99, and a Gotham Silver plate meat server. The tray is silver plate on copper, but he legs are silver. $3.99 Woot!

Did a schlepping through Goodwill. Found a Remington XL Shotgunner's jacket. What a cheap asz POS. Didn't buy it.
Over in the "china junk section" found a 13oz pewter plate (did anyone say "cast boolits"?) for $2.99, and a Gotham Silver plate meat server. The tray is silver plate on copper, but he legs are silver. $3.99 Woot!
Obviously you are still enthralled with the "Lone Ranger".....

Obviously you are still enthralled with the "Lone Ranger".....
I was going for the copper / silver. The legs just looked like these black V's. While standing in line, took my knife and carved into one. I've dealt with silver, sterling, Nickel-Silver, and Britannia enough to know when I'm looking at silver in the white.
I like werewolves. Always thought the Lone Ranger was a putz and Tonto was the badass.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top