JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Recently got one of these Colt Commander 1911 guns in 9mm. Nice block of iron to work with.

20220204_131024.jpg 20220204_131058.jpg

All my dough has been going towards my house, rebuilding the ENTIRE front end of my Jeepster (99 XJ. Not really a Jeepster), and trying to jump-start the restoration/updating of my 85 F150 so l haven't bought any gun stuff in almost a year (!).
But l saw that Midway had some Triple K leather on sale so l picked up this Cheyenne holster for my Blackhawk. It will replace the current holster which is for a 7 1/2" barrel... all that negative space at the muzzle was bummin' me out, man... 20220206_083225.jpg

Yep... that's THREE summer sausages and I'm gonna eat em ALL!

ETA: I installed the Cheyenne holster on my cartridge belt and it's wider at the skirt than the slot in the belt. So, l did the right thing and ordered the correct Triple K belt from Midway (still on sale!).
Now l have a Leathertown USA cartridge belt/7 1/2" holster combo w nothing to put in it so, once again, I'm gonna do the right thing and go shopping for a gun to put in it.
See! THIS is why l haven't bought any gun stuff lately... it snowballs

Last Edited:
Haha actually married with kids 🤣🤣
LIAR! LIAR! WITH YOUR PANTS ON FIRE!

Man, good for you and congratulations. My wife semi enjoys shooting the rifles, but does not care for pistols. So, she "tolerated me" buying 200 rounds of 9mm today for $64. To do anything more or bigger...well, if it weren't for my youngest who shot those rounds yesterday...it would be a quiet ride home.

In reality, she's good with it and enjoys herself as well.

LIAR! LIAR! WITH YOUR PANTS ON FIRE!

Man, good for you and congratulations. My wife semi enjoys shooting the rifles, but does not care for pistols. So, she "tolerated me" buying 200 rounds of 9mm today for $64. To do anything more or bigger...well, if it weren't for my youngest who shot those rounds yesterday...it would be a quiet ride home.

In reality, she's good with it and enjoys herself as well.
Super easy. Budgets. You get a fun budget. She gets a fun budget. You spend it on whatever you want, she spends it on whatever she wants. If you save up your fun budget for a period of time and buy something bigger, that's still not anything outside of the fun budget.

Super easy. Budgets. You get a fun budget. She gets a fun budget. You spend it on whatever you want, she spends it on whatever she wants. If you save up your fun budget for a period of time and buy something bigger, that's still not anything outside of the fun budget.
We have been blessed with good jobs and decent financial decisions early on in life. I use cash flow off of real estate for my fun budget. People see a lot of suppressors and think it's crazy but they don't blink an eye when I post one of these. Or the Budget I just gave Steve Owens at integrity custom for a new 1911 build.

030869B0-9725-4E12-AE51-0575863CF4E7.jpeg

All my dough has been going towards my house, rebuilding the ENTIRE front end of my Jeepster (99 XJ. Not really a Jeepster), and trying to jump-start the restoration/updating of my 85 F150 so l haven't bought any gun stuff in almost a year (!).
But l saw that Midway had some Triple K leather on sale so l picked up this Cheyenne holster for my Blackhawk. It will replace the current holster which is for a 7 1/2" barrel... all that negative space at the muzzle was bummin' me out, man...View attachment 1125422

Yep... that's THREE summer sausages and I'm gonna eat em ALL!

ETA: I installed the Cheyenne holster on my cartridge belt and it's wider at the skirt than the slot in the belt. So, l did the right thing and ordered the correct Triple K belt from Midway (still on sale!).
Now l have a Leathertown USA cartridge belt/7 1/2" holster combo w nothing to put in it so, once again, I'm gonna do the right thing and go shopping for a gun to put in it.
See! THIS is why l haven't bought any gun stuff lately... it snowballs
I have a .30 M1 Carbine 7.5 inch Blackhawk, not selling or trading, but it might be what the doctor ordered, beltloops might be too big though.

We have been blessed with good jobs and decent financial decisions early on in life. I use cash flow off of real estate for my fun budget. People see a lot of suppressors and think it's crazy but they don't blink an eye when I post one of these. Or the Budget I just gave Steve Owens at integrity custom for a new 1911 build.

View attachment 1126339
Yep, I don't know what that is either, but I can understand how prices get high quickly and how most suppressors are still far less than rifle builds once all the accessories are put on it.

View attachment 1126339
Oh, believe me, my eyes are blinking furiously at that as well! Congrats and enjoy!

The the Triple K belt came from Midway... it's gonna take a lot of years to get it as "seasoned" as my old Hunter rig was.
20220213_091316.jpg
Overall I'm 100% satisfied with the quality of Triple K's leather goods. The only thing that took me so long to get this particular setup is that l don't love the molding on the holster... but after a lot of searching I've found that, without going into debt, this is the best way to get ahold of a shorter-than-7.5" holster.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top