JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well, first experience buying a firearm since Covid, or 2019 and what I thought was the latest iteration of our Washington gun laws.

Ordered a new Shield Plus from Cabela's, easy peasy, first mistake. I usually buy from my LGS (15 mi No. next County) but on line was easy and they shipped to Lacey in 5 business days. That's when the fun started, Trigger Lock added in addition to the enclosed cable lock, not on any paperwork but required by the State was a release OK from me for them to access my medical records, and, instead of phoning Mason County as was done the last time, paperwork had to be Faxed which imposed a mandatory waiting period with no definite time frame. First time in my life I have had to wait more than 1/2 hour for a firearm.

Now I get to shag my butt 60 miles back to Cabela's instead of the 15 it would have been if I just would have gone and visited the great guys at my LGS!

Well, first experience buying a firearm since Covid, or 2019 and what I thought was the latest iteration of our Washington gun laws.

Ordered a new Shield Plus from Cabela's, easy peasy, first mistake. I usually buy from my LGS (15 mi No. next County) but on line was easy and they shipped to Lacey in 5 business days. That's when the fun started, Trigger Lock added in addition to the enclosed cable lock, not on any paperwork but required by the State was a release OK from me for them to access my medical records, and, instead of phoning Mason County as was done the last time, paperwork had to be Faxed which imposed a mandatory waiting period with no definite time frame. First time in my life I have had to wait more than 1/2 hour for a firearm.

Now I get to shag my butt 60 miles back to Cabela's instead of the 15 it would have been if I just would have gone and visited the great guys at my LGS!

Unfortunately this is the new normal for us here in WA. It actually makes it an incredible hassle to purchase a handgun or semi auto.

it does suck you had to go through this, but now you are forewarned for future purchases

The Beowulf has some competition in my safe now.....got yesterday and popped first rounds today.... in between work orders.
Not really any reviews on GForce that I found.... but I'd take the chance on the CIT12AR.... is it the same as GF12AR...? Manual not specific enough and not an easy google for me.
It's a tank and probably the first weapon that I've owned that obviously needs a break in period....... wasn't cycling target loads at all and first (low brass) buck shot was only getting half way out receiver. 20 target loads later the last 5 rounds of buck ran perfectly. Only took 35 rounds with me.

72A64086-362D-46BD-BB00-524D43A3FFE7.jpeg

The Beowulf has some competition in my safe now.....got yesterday and popped first rounds today.... in between work orders.
Not really any reviews on GForce that I found.... but I'd take the chance on the CIT12AR.... is it the same as GF12AR...? Manual not specific enough and not an easy google for me.
It's a tank and probably the first weapon that I've owned that obviously needs a break in period....... wasn't cycling target loads at all and first (low brass) buck shot was only getting half way out receiver. 20 target loads later the last 5 rounds of buck ran perfectly. Only took 35 rounds with me.

View attachment 848753
If I look at it right..... it's right down the middle between an AR and a Moss 500

0FDA282A-2667-4859-BB88-5667995CCCE7.jpeg

The SpeerGold Dot 5.7x28 is finally in stores
And at $58/box of 50. I wonder how long it will stay on the shelves at Vancouver Sportsman's Warehouse

Just added my first ever colt to my collection, I think I chose wisely!

I also added a pocket carry gun to the collection, needed something small for this summer for those quick trips out to the corner store.

Now I just have to wait on the WA mandatory period....and find some 32acp

ADB5FBDD-2456-49E8-A231-EE7393546C7B.jpeg 1C47A15B-4943-408C-A861-C095EC3FD358.jpeg 4ED91246-8F6E-46C3-B020-92ECEFB5B4FE.jpeg 6CE724B5-F8C1-466F-A6EC-0AA5FFBA8956.jpeg

Upgraded the trigger and springs in my LCP.. A MUST UPGRADE for everyone who owns an LCP.

I purchased the Mcarbo LCP Spring Kit and Flat Trigger Upgrade Kit along with their Takedown Pin. These parts truly transformed my LCP! Everyone knows the trigger that came from Ruger is absolutely horrible and makes the LCP very difficult to shoot. No longer!

I just installed the Mcarbo parts listed above and instantly noticed an amazing transformation. The trigger is now smooth, trigger take-up is short and the trigger break is crisp. It no longer has that long dreadful long trigger pull. Trigger pull weight was reduced from a measured 6.5 lbs to 4.5 lbs. Last and certainly not least the wide flat trigger is well designed, comfortable along with perfect finger placement. The Mcarbo parts truly transform the LCP into a highly effective shootable pistol.

I just got back from the range and I put 50 rounds through it. Before the Mcarbo upgrade I could never get consistently tight groups and it was frustrating to shot. Tonight I consistently got tight groups for the first time ever it is now fun to shoot. More importantly I am now confident I can defend myself with my LCP and would be able to put the shots where necessary to stop the threat.

IF YOU OWN AN LCP YOU MUST GET THESE PARTS.

Want to make your 22LR ammo go a long way, buy one of these. Your ammo will last way longer than shooting a 10/22 with 25 round magazines!

Want to make your 22LR ammo go a long way, buy one of these. Your ammo will last way longer than shooting a 10/22 with 25 round magazines!
Oh - I DID buy 1,600 rnds of .22 40gr this morning.

Thanks for making me relevant. HAHA

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top