JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Picked up an old Tilt - All 4602 tripod. Built like a tank. $5.60 at Value Village with my Tue senior discount:p

IMG_0578_zpsccdtam5p.jpg

Got a couple of these soft holsters with tons of Velcro for mounting. I'll find a nice use for them. Also got a couple of these folding hats. One in tan, one in black. It all arrived today. Not bad stuff for the price. The hats are comfortable and made of lightweight rip stop fabric. They have a lot of tactical sling bags and a variety of pouches. I'm still kind of a Maxpedtion corporate whore so most of they're stuff didn't appeal to me. I'm satisfied with what I did get from them though. :) propper.com

propper hat.JPG propper holster.JPG

Okay Thursday I picked up the Rock Island GI 1911, that I had ordered Monday from Davidson's for $418 plus the $10 Oregon fee. Looks great, no pics, you'll have to take my word for it. It only came with one seven round magazine, so I ordered two thru Brownells. I also ordered some Faux Ivory grip panels from Altamont and they came in today. Nice! NO PICS! I also bought a Leatherman Wave at Bi-Mart ( no .22 of any kind except birdshot)

3 Stack on safes, 2 18 gun and one 8 gun. The two 18 gun went to my boys to get them started they mounted them in a closet with a keyed lock on the closet door as well and the 8 gun I put into a closet for quick storage.

We put the shelves in the 18 gun safes so they will truly only hold 7 with plenty of shelf storage.

They may not be the best in the world but they are a good start and with a keyed lock on the closet door they are pretty secure.

Just got 50 pieces of nickle plated brass for my 500 Smith, some Leupold raised scope rings for the same, and two 8 round WC Mags for my 1911's.

I'd add pics but for some reason I'm still having issues uploading them.

My CBRPS,too expensive, sks bull pup kit should arrive tomorrow. Been wanting to do this for quite some time. After seeing what this one had to offer, I finally couldn't resist! Rifle cost me exactly $0 so I think it's actually a pretty good deal.
I will post pics and review asap.

IMG_0350.JPG IMG_0348.JPG IMG_0347.JPG IMG_0345.JPG So my CBRPS sks bullpup kit arrived today. Not bad. Less than a week from order date. Here are my first impressions.
Very well designed and made from quality materials. Basically all aluminum with the exception of the mounting trunnions and trigger pad which appear to be delrin or similar material. Very rigid and sturdy, yet light. Well finished. Came with two different trigger pad/connectors so you have a choice of which one works best with your action. I chose the alternate, which gave me a very close feel to original. Now, I had done a trigger job on my rifle earlier, so it has a better than average sks trigger. Assembly instructions suck pretty horribly, but their website has a detailed video that I had watched previously, so things went fairly smooth and took maybe 20-30 minutes. That being said, there were a few issues. They are as follows:
1. One tiny screw was missing from the trigger linkage. I robbed one from the dust cover over the trigger section. It will be the easiest to replace.
2. The butt section would not fit on my rifle until I did some very minor fitting of the buttpad with a file. No big deal, just took a couple of minutes and was the only real fitting I found necessary.
3. This unit takes Tapco mags that have the duckbills cut off leaving a little tab in it's place. Pure genius in it's simplicity and operation, and one of the features that led me to choose this kit over the sgworks model. It came with one modified mag, and I purchased a 2nd. The problem is the mod was done without the care and attention to detail as the rest of the kit. Not that they are unusable, just kind of sloppy, in my opinion. I will do my own mods from here on out.
4. The final issue, and most distressing, the safety will not work with my use of the alternate trigger setup. It is not near positive enough and acts like it is not even there. Not sure what I will do about that just yet. I will be contacting the company tomorrow to discuss this and the other issues I have. All the others I can live with, but not the safety.
Overall I must say I am kind of impressed with the quality and ingenuity of the design and build. I have been wanting to do this fo a long time, and I think I am going to be very satisfied with this build, once the safety issue is resolved.
Now, I know that there will be a number of haters out there with all kinds of negative comments, and I will respond to all of them right here, right now. BITE ME! MY GUN, MY MONEY, MY CHOICE! It's a matter of taste, and I think this tastes quite sweet! And with this kit, I can go back if I want as there are no mods to the action!
Here are some pics. Before, after, and compared to one of my 10/22's. Hoping to shoot it this week sometime. Will post range report after.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top