JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
No more red dots.
IMG_20181114_173216241~2.jpg IMG_20181114_173201410.jpg
I liked the Primary Arms 1x8 I have on my .308 so I went with the 1x6 for the 5.56
mounted on an American Defence QD mount.

Nikon Prostaff 3-9x42 BDC rimfire scope for my Ruger Precision Rimfire Rifle. Very nice pairing. Still trying to figure out what ammo that rifle likes best. So far CCI mini-mag hollow points are in the lead. Oddly enough, Federal bulk pack 36 gr is in the running. It hates Ely Match. You just never know.

Bought this on Gunbroker.com and got it yesterday.

pix760775251.jpg

It's a Ruger ("old") Vaquero in .44-40 made in 1995. I got it specifically to shoot black powder cartridges. I wanted a stainless gun in a traditional old west caliber to resist messy and corrosive black powder. Ruger doesn't make the New Vaquero in .44-40 so I got an original Vaquero. It turns out there is a problem with the way Ruger made the .44-40 Vaqueros. The normal .44-40 bullet is .427". For some reason Ruger made the cylinder throats only .424-425". And to make things worse they just used the same tooling as .44 Magnum to make the barrels so the bore is .430". A .427" bullet squeezed down to .425" and then entering a .430" bore is not going to be very accurate. If you try to use a .430" bullet it won't chamber. http://www.singleactions.com/4440Vaqueros.pdf

Fortunately there is a guy who hones cylinders so .430-431" bullets can be used. He also hones other caliber cylinders Cylinderhone
I'll be sending him my cylinder to make it right.

What do you think of the mount? I'm thinking of getting one for my AR10/vx3i setup.
I like it. I thought I had ordered the cantilever one but the standard one worked with my rail.
After looking at my .308 the standard one would be good for it as there is a lot more receiver rail than the 5.56 one if you don't have a continuous rail .
I'm running a cantiliever mount on it and it's not really needed .

Picked up a Nikon P-223 3x32 BDC scope and mount used. Was looking for something inexpensive and found this in the classifieds. Price was right. Beautiful, bright glass. Can't wait to try it out. (not my photo) Mounted for now on my Ruger American Ranch 5.56

nikon-p-233-mounted-on-a-rifle.png

Last Edited:
I wanted to get a few more Okay FDE magazines and it said FDE on the description. When I got them it they were Desert Tan instead. Oh well I will put them in my range stash.

I got these at the Portland gun show on Saturday.

OR8iBUe.jpg

A Remington Nylon 66 in Apache Black made in 1968, and a Cimarron Model P U.S. Cavalry.

BTW, since the Nylon 66 is a) a semiautomatic rifle and b) has a fixed magazine that holds more than 10 rounds it will be classified as and banned as an "assault weapon" under son-of-IP43 that will be on the Oregon ballot in 2020. If you want one get one while you still can.

Last week I pulled the trigger (pun intended) and ordered a Timney single stage, of the 3 lb variety, to replace the DPMS trigger group that I stuffed in there previously. I received it in the mail Saturday afternoon and installed it right away. Saturday = range time!

https://www.brownells.com/aspx/search/productdetail.aspx?sid=177619&pid=83361
It is back up to 214.11 once again. Brownells had a one-day-only sale where anything $100+ save 10, $200+ save $20, $300+ save $30 (which they seem to run often), so I saved $20 and got it for $194.11 with free shipping.

6619.jpeg 6620.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads