JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Got me this little metal thing from one place 09CB8F39-AC95-4A33-90B6-E71582E0F721.jpeg
And this screw from another because nobody had both in stock
DAD3F65E-033B-4E22-B23F-442B5DF60C24.jpeg
But I had to do it because yesterday I found this $150 KAC rear sight that was missing the above...not much good without them. 34D94EA5-B70B-4476-97DE-6A3389568AE8.jpeg
Paid more for the clamp, screw and shipping than I did for the sight.... WORTH IT:s0155:

Sometimes I'm thankful for my mechanics paws ;)
I am a beer installer and am always mis-wrenching and scraping knuckles, fingers and the like. Used to use a bandaid and duct tape around that but this Leukotape($9 thru Walmart site) is superior to the duct tape and will stay on for a day or two. I work with a guy who is always cutting himself in one way or another. He could use a couple of rolls of it!

I transferred the Sig P290RS this morning and picked up the M&P 2.0 9mm Compact 3.6"bbl. model I had ordered.
The 3.6" models are around, but they seemed overpriced to me at $480. or so. I picked this one up for $399. with free shipping. So I think it was a pretty good deal.
I really like the size and feel and I expect it will shoot just like any other M&P. I'm eager to check out the trigger. They're supposed to be pretty good, but so far it feels very gritty. So tomorrow it gets cleaned and lubed.
It comes with four backstraps so there's a good variation of sizes and the rear sight has a nice profile but I'll change them out for TFO's.

The slide is pretty nicely machined and finished, but the frame looks like it was vacuum formed by a drunken caveman who hasn't figured out his thumbs yet. S&W needs to step it up in that area. Although the Shield has a nice frame.

Obligatory "Pics or it didn't happen pics"

Compared to the Shield:
DSCN0618.JPG DSCN0617.JPG DSCN0616.JPG

Last Edited:
I put a used Vaquero Bisley .45 Colt on hold until this weekend. It's pretty clean, but it's definitely a shooter which is what I want.
Over the years I've found that I really prefer the Bisley grip & hammer, but it's taken a long while to find a good one that was affordable. I'll never be able to afford an original Colt Bisley, so in this case close actually counts. :)

Hmmm. Been a bad boy this month. Had a budget for a grand, exceeded it by 1/3, all purchased from members here.
Troy Battle sights / a 50 cal Musket / Walther PPKS & Remington R51 Enhanced.
Haven't shot the flinter yet, going to Muskets and More in Keizer today.
The PPKS and R51 are sweet shooters! Troy sights are the cat's meow.

[edit to add] Also bought a bug-out vehicle.

I dislike looking at Gun Broker....it's enticing ….. so I bid on a 'Like New' HK USP40 with case and three 13 round magazines. and then waited.... So now I just parted with $465 and the gun will be headed this way. Gun Broker's fault!
I was a HK USP fan boy, until I bought my first CZ. The USP is a solid pistol, and accurate. I much prefer the USP battle sights to the target ones on the tactical.

Ordered an AR-10 from Palmetto State Armory. Now I am just waiting for it to arrive and have started looking into getting the things I need to reload for it.
Be sure to get yourself a loaded round checker. Makes a world of difference. How's that PA10 shoot?

As I am in the process of setting up the side business in firearms, I picked up this book. It is a memoir of a gentleman who ran a large gunstore in the 1980s. I have not had a chance to read it yet, but I look forward to said in August, when my day job is not so crazy.
Gent, very much interested in your review of the book, please. Does it contain good info?

Found a case I liked that didn't melt my bank card...
Where you guys getting those and how cheap? They look similar to the drago cases I use..
Sportsman's Warehouse has had these on sale every Christmas Holiday, both the 48 and 52 inch models. They are great cases.
I think I picked my 52" up for a tad north of $50. Went to get another one last year, they were sold out.
For comparison, I bought the PSA deal of 7 PMAGS and case for $80, and the case, while a good one, is not nearly as good as this model.

Last Edited:
FYI, We had home made tamales last night that my fiance's coworkers made for a fundraiser. But there were no Molle attachment points to be found.

@CountryGent,
Alas? I knew this was a classy joint when I signed up. :D

Feel free to delete this if it's over the line.

GFs Coffee Shop.jpg

Hmmm. Been a bad boy this month. Had a budget for a grand, exceeded it by 1/3, all purchased from members here.

I was a HK USP fan boy, until I bought my first CZ. The USP is a solid pistol, and accurate. I much prefer the USP battle sights to the target ones on the tactical.

Be sure to get yourself a loaded round checker. Makes a world of difference. How's that PA10 shoot?

Gent, very much interested in your review of the book, please. Does it contain good info?

Sportsman's Warehouse has had these on sale every Christmas Holiday, both the 48 and 52 inch models. They are great cases.
I think I picked my 52" up for a tad north of $50. Went to get another one last year, they were sold out.
For comparison, I bought the PSA deal of 7 PMAGS and case for $80, and the case, while a good one, is not nearly as good as this model.

The PA 10 shoots very well. I am completely happy with it.

I did get the USP and I love it. The only CZ like pistol I have is a EAA Witness Elite Match in 10 MM. Yes it is good. I would go back to Gun Broker to see what CZ 40's are going for...….. but I know that's a trap

I just realized that the Vaquero I'm picking up Saturday is an old model. Serial starts with 58 which puts it between 2002 and 2005 and it just says "Vaquero" not "New Vaquero". I didn't write the serial down or I could pin it down.
I'm stoked because I pretty much paid the price for a used Bisley "New" Vaquero .45 Colt and OM's go for more.
*Sometimes even a blind squirrel finds a nut. :)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top