JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
View attachment 452893
This is what the RPK looks like with a drum. Koreans do make an after market drum which is, fine I guess? But IMHO a mil surplus drum would be way better, albeit more expensive.
Thats one sexy firearm, ill give the russians that when it comes to semi autos the sex appeal is never lacking. Bolt guns are another story...

As far as plinking use a korean drum would probably be serviceable

I had a 75 round drum (korean) for the ak that was definately smaller then that, ima go on a limb and assume the rpk drums were 100 capacity or more near it

* edit* i guess they are 75 rounds for some reason the rpk makes the drum looks bigger to my eyes

Yeah, I like AKs, and the Dragunov. Doesn't matter how the AK looks, I like em all (generally). While I prefer wood, I do like the wire folder look when it has the cheek riser and paracord, and some of the polymer handguards. Still trying to come to terms with the rails though, just can't like the rails on the AK-47, AKM, or AK-74. :s0002:

Now that RPK-16? DAMN IT! Remove the sanctions so we can get that thing now! I'm drooling just looking at the pictures!

This?
41FB245B-D7CE-435D-8965-23CC285FB8B3.jpeg
Its about time they did a rear mounted sight. It only took 2-3 other nations before they came around:rolleyes:

This?
View attachment 452902
Its about time they did a rear mounted sight. It only took 2-3 other nations before they came around:rolleyes:
Well, keep in mind its still on the dust cover. My guess is the rear sight leaf was so that you'd always have it even if the cover is gone. Do you remember the peep sight cover I made based on a project I saw? If using that, if something happens to that cover I won't have a rear sight. A simple solution is to just widen up the rear sight a little, makes a huge improvement.

Anyways, the RPK-16 is supposed to have a quick detach barrel too. So if its like the AUG where you can take the barrel off and put it back on without a shift in POI, I'd want one instantly. Folding stock, removable barrel, I can put that in a regular backpack like my AUG!

Well, keep in mind its still on the dust cover. My guess is the rear sight leaf was so that you'd always have it even if the cover is gone. Do you remember the peep sight cover I made based on a project I saw? If using that, if something happens to that cover I won't have a rear sight. A simple solution is to just widen up the rear sight a little, makes a huge improvement.

Anyways, the RPK-16 is supposed to have a quick detach barrel too. So if its like the AUG where you can take the barrel off and put it back on without a shift in POI, I'd want one instantly. Folding stock, removable barrel, I can put that in a regular backpack like my AUG!
One of the reasons ima be picking up a law folding adapter soon. Ive been looking at qd barrel atachments, cry havoc seems to have the best system but the way it locks is vulnerable.

A back pack rpk just sounds awesome. Although if it could be imported i bet there would be a modern price tag to match.

One of the reasons ima be picking up a law folding adapter soon. Ive been looking at qd barrel atachments, cry havoc seems to have the best system but the way it locks is vulnerable.

A back pack rpk just sounds awesome. Although if it could be imported i bet there would be a modern price tag to match.
Given how Russian AKs used to be cheap, I'd think they'd still be cheaper than rifles like the SCAR-16 or Bren 805. Maybe just a bit over 1 grand? Could be lower.

To be honest, my decision to get the polish folding stock set for my wasr is mostly motivated to see if it'll shave just enough weight I can just leave the scope on for my mother to shoot. Also, easier to store in the backseat of the Chevy, since I just put it underneath the folding seat. Or even underneath the seat of my Ford.

Not today, but a few days ago, joined OFF.

Looking into joining Oregon III%. They were out in front of Safeway today with flags (US, Gadsden, and III%). I told my wife what the III%ers were because she asked about the flag. A lady in the store asked her what they were and my wife explained to her what they were. As soon as my wife mentioned guns, the lady was turned off and walked away muttering to herself - REALLY? I spoke with them briefly and they seemed to be a good group of people.

I am not convinced that only 3% answered the call to arms during the Revolutionary War, but it may be close to the number that started the armed revolution.

Last Edited:
New safe from Jerry Fee at Northwest Safe Sales. Finally upgrading from the 13 year old Browning that has served me well for so many years. It was a great entry level safe, but it was just outgrown.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top