JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Grandpas 375 h&h! Found some info on it but having trouble finding a value on it. Any info is appreciated. It's a Whitworth express obviously 375 h&h in excellent shape. It has a black fib/syn stock which I Don't believe is original. 20180122_130412.jpg
20180122_132814.jpg

Last Edited:
This week, 500 rounds 124 gr Blazer Brass 9mm, 100 rounds American Eagle 7.62x39 fmj, 80 rounds HSM 7.62x 51 "Range" Sierra 168 gr HPBT, 60 rounds PPU 69 gr .223 match and 75 rounds Hornady Critical Defense FTX .380 (winter load).

Finally got my first 375 h&h mag today! Found some info on it but having trouble finding a value on it. Any info is appreciated. It's a Whitworth African express obviously 375 h&h in excellent shape. It has a black fib/syn stock which I Don't believe is original. I'm very happy with what I paid either way, just curious if they gave me a good or bad deal for future dealings.View attachment 423631
View attachment 423634
My information is sketchy to me and comes from my blue book of gun values, 2015 edition take it with a grain of salt. I could not locate the African model, but the 'Alaskan' is close .... It was discontinued in 1984 and came in 375 H&H and 458 Win. $450 to $650 range then, likely a little more now. As a point of interest, there were some other models with a synthetic stock from the factory. Originally Whitworth's were made in England and later Mark X models were made by Zastava in Yugoslzvia. I found info under Interarms.

20180127_160239.jpg Ordered a 2nd top plate for a C-more slide ride in case the delta point doesn't work for me.

Thankfully the SJC is a modular assembly.
Moving the DPP off my slide.

blogger-image-151151007.jpg glockrace.jpg

Last Edited:
Well , not today but yesterday ( 27 Jan. 2018 )
A S&W model 19-3 , from 1972 , four inch barrel.
The revolver came with the box , papers and sight adjustment tool...as a bonus I found a left handed holster at the same show...:D
Andy
Model 19-3.jpg

Sighted in the new AR7-08 build yesterday. Me likey! Carbine buffer is 5/8" too long so bolt won't cycle properly. Will go to a rifle length buffer, spring and tube to resolve.

I can understand. This past weekend I was lighting up targets on our home range with the 6" .357 revolver and I couldn't help but think of my late uncle doing something similar on the Oregon dunes with his Dan Wesson. He's been gone since 1983 and that wacky character is still in my memory. As the old expression goes, sadly, the good die young. But, I digress.
And may their memories live long. I think about a few passed friends and relatives, every day.

"Suffice to say"....
Powder and bullets on sale at BiMart...
GOT SOME, BABY !! Wow, great pricing. Retumbo for $23/lb. Last I bought some, it was $30.

my travels over the weekend found me in a little town called Anaconda, Montana... they have an Antique shop there with what they claim is the largest selection of furs in the country... which I don't doubt.. I could have spent all day digging through the treasures, but alas all I walked out with was this...
With my crappy eye sight this will be a great addition to my gun bench... Way cool vintage magnifying lamp with a heavy weighted base. only $20
That is a beautiful find! I have one from the old Tektronix surplus store, mounts to my bench. I lament the day when the fluorescent tube doesn't work.

View attachment 425364 Ordered a 2nd top plate for a C-more slide ride in case the delta point doesn't work for me.
Thankfully the SJC is a modular assembly.
Moving the DPP off my slide.
The Terminator T1 has arrived!

Sighted in the new AR7-08 build yesterday. Me likey! Carbine buffer is 5/8" too long so bolt won't cycle properly. Will go to a rifle length buffer, spring and tube to resolve.

And may their memories live long. I think about a few passed friends and relatives, every day.

GOT SOME, BABY !! Wow, great pricing. Retumbo for $23/lb. Last I bought some, it was $30.

That is a beautiful find! I have one from the old Tektronix surplus store, mounts to my bench. I lament the day when the fluorescent tube doesn't work.

The Terminator T1 has arrived!

The Cyborg or the Red dot?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top