Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Guns, Bullets and the Bible

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by RicInOR, Aug 13, 2015.

1. RicInOR

RicInOR Washington County Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

2. BoonDocks36

BoonDocks36 Oregon, in the boondocks Christian. Conservative. Male.

^^^ That ^^^

Rock On!!!!!!

philip, our Fellowship says that the Fellowship that Prays together, Shoots together, Eats together, STAYS TOGETHER!!!

We even love our Pacifist Members, someone must be Medics!!!!!

philip :D

3. albin25

albin25 Lewiston Idaho Well-Known Member

I have a personal rule, I will only attend church for a Marryin' or a Buryin'...
    ...if I'd get to bury a few bullets into some targets I might become a regular.

4. OLDNEWBIE

OLDNEWBIE State of Flux Well-Known Member

They should have Devil targets!:s0087::s0087::s0087::s0087: :s0038:
    This is awesome, I hope it catches on.

5. edslhead

edslhead Vanc Gold Supporter Gold Supporter Silver Supporter Bronze Supporter

That might convert a few atheist.

6. etrain16

etrain16 Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

There is a church near us that has a men's group gathering a few times a year - they call it "Beef and Bullets" - they go out shooting and have some nice barbecue while they're at it. I told my wife that's where we need to go ;)

7. ZA_Survivalist

ZA_Survivalist Oregon AK's all day.

Just reading the title, my kind of people.

Im not a religious man because Ive never been keen on his followers.. But firearm toting Christians does appeal to me :D

8. BoonDocks36

BoonDocks36 Oregon, in the boondocks Christian. Conservative. Male.

Twice a Year, our Men's Group has a Wild Men's Wild Game Night, no Chicken, No Beef, No Pork (store bought) and If I recall Correctly, we had about a Dozen different meat dishes, including (home made) Jerkies & dried sausages... the Mystery Meat was Antelope, and the Winner of the (Guess what kind of meat....) received a NICE Hunting knife... we have Four Avid Hunters, and a few "in Training... our Pastor's (First) Son-in-Law went hunting with "Dad" to join with his BIL, and Uncle's.... I don't Hunt any more, my body is to broke down...

But we have quiet the time... Saving, but EDITING: Quite the time!!!! :confused:

philip :D

Last edited: Aug 13, 2015
  9. Medic!

Medic! What just happened? Has eagle eyes. But cant remember what he saw. Bronze Supporter

Snakes! Where are the snakes?
    I was told there would be snakes! :s0117:

Sorry. I was raised Baptist. :s0125:

Caveman Jim and BoonDocks36 like this.
  10. etrain16

We're not all bad...;)

11. Ben Beckerich

Ben Beckerich NW Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

That's cool and all (no, it actually is), but there's plenty of gun packing Christians. Some church should do this with cycling and/or climbing... buncha militant anti-Christian types, in those groups.

Sgt Nambu likes this.
  12. filsonhand

filsonhand In the Silicon Forest Smooth as a Rhino 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

I resemble that remark :D
    Good times getting together with a men's group and flinging lead..:)

Last edited: Aug 13, 2015
    BoonDocks36 likes this.
  13. Flopsweat

Flopsweat Slightly right of center Well-Known Member

That's gotta cheese some folks off.

BoonDocks36 and Caveman Jim like this.
  14. tac

tac UK, Oregon and Ontario. Well-Known Member

Us Jews are pretty cool, too.

tac

15. dwaineshort

dwaineshort Vancouver WA Active Member

Nope atheist care more about if something is true them if it makes you feel good.

MikeE likes this.
  16. rick benjamin

rick benjamin USA, Or, Damascus Secure the drama Silver Supporter 2016 Volunteer

Church I attend has a sportsman banquet, pastor raised on moose meat and salmon.
    Lots of sheep in a Christian church, different levels of faith and knowledge.
    Some are humble, some not so much.
    Now that I've figured my place in the scheme of things, I don't talk much with the sheep.
    There are several of us sheepdogs, both male and female. We watch.

There's an assembly of organized Christian sheepdogs near West Linn.
    Written MOP, qualifying course of fire and requal to be in the group, and they have a plan.
    They noticed schools and churches and synagogues around them were under surveillance.
    Worked w LEO and FBI, identified ragheads, now surveilees are being surveilled.

17. Oathkeeper1775

Oathkeeper1775 Coast Range Well-Known Member

Considering the idea of a group of religious people gathering in the woods to shoot firearms, share food, and reflect on their faith & their fellowship.....looks OK right?

Just going to throw this out there....

What the reaction(s) might be if the "parishioners" were Arabic and the religion was Islam; and how Radical Islam may have changed the way we (some of us) think.

:D

balaperdida and Sgt Nambu like this.
  18. etrain16

I've seen the same thing. Many are very oblivious as to what's going on around them. Some are there just to be with friends, some to worship and learn, others for the free coffee and cookies at the end ;) But I know who in that congregation I could look to if there was a problem. Current and former LEO's, former military, and just good old everyday Joe's that take things a bit more seriously, that are prepared and aware.

Some years ago, a woman in the congregation finally decided to get out of a very abusive relationship with a lowlife alcoholic. She left, got help and a restraining order. He threatened to hurt her, and had threatened to do it at church. The police response was "call us if he shows up". Great, that's what we'll do, but what about in the meantime? She wanted to be in church, and we wanted her to be there, so a group of us got together, with the pastor and we discussed a plan. All who carried identified themselves to each other. We agreed to spread out not only in the congregation, but also to watch various entrances in other parts of the building, such as the corridor where the children's classes met. Several would watch doors and be prepared to call the police as well as alert the group if they saw him show up. This went on for several months until he lost interest and left the area. The whole time, the rest of the congregation went about their days, completely oblivious to the potential for a crime to occur. I was thankful to see a good group of folks step up to protect not only her, but the rest of the folks too. There are some good people still in this world :) As for her, she's free of this dung pile and has moved on with her life, and is much happier now.

19. edslhead

edslhead Vanc Gold Supporter Gold Supporter Silver Supporter Bronze Supporter

Lets just say they might join the church to use the range:D

20. P7id10T

P7id10T Cedar Hills Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

And I find that completely ironic - when I'm deep in nature, the overwhelming feeling I have is the hand of the divine in our creation and all that around us.

Unfortunately it has. Yet given the perception and fear of Islam here in the US, you would have to question the sense of a Muslim congregation shooting in the woods.
    When I'm in the woods, if I come across another shooter, I observe them first from a distance to determine if I want to approach them. The strangest people I have ever met were out in the woods. Some people aren't right in the head.

Dyjital likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.