JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Opinion? Yours is. What I stated is statstical fact.

A quick glance at the statistics seems to tell what you deny. Men commit more acts of violence than women. The U.S. Department of Justice sponsored a National Crime Victimization Study in 2007. This evaluation found that 75.6 percent of all offenders were male and only 20.1 percent were female. In the remaining cases, the victim wasn't able to identify the gender of the offender. According to these results, men commit violent crimes more than three times as often as women [source: United States Department of Justice].

If you cannot grasp something proven by study after study around the world and how it relates to violence (hint, men = 3 x more likely to commit a violent crime) then I can't get you to understand. I don't agree with banning guns by sex or a lot of other factors. But the fact of the matter is most violent crime is perpetrated by men. Just like most members here are men. You can burry your head in the sand, but facts are facts.
What about abortion?

Hate to post the unpopular opinion,

Opinion? Yours is. What I stated is statstical fact.

A quick glance at the statistics seems to tell what you deny. Men commit more acts of violence than women. The U.S. Department of Justice sponsored a National Crime Victimization Study in 2007. This evaluation found that 75.6 percent of all offenders were male and only 20.1 percent were female. In the remaining cases, the victim wasn't able to identify the gender of the offender. According to these results, men commit violent crimes more than three times as often as women [source: United States Department of Justice].

If you cannot grasp something proven by study after study around the world and how it relates to violence (hint, men = 3 x more likely to commit a violent crime) then I can't get you to understand. I don't agree with banning guns by sex or a lot of other factors. But the fact of the matter is most violent crime is perpetrated by men. Just like most members here are men. You can burry your head in the sand, but facts are facts.

Well, to quote you again, look above, you said "Hate to post the unpopular opinion", I just quoted what you said yourself. I sense you're taking my comment personally, no need to take it personally, I'm just expressing my opinion and simply responding to what you said - and I stand by it. I don't dispute that men commit more violent acts - nor did I dispute that in my previous response - go back and read it again. I do question what that has to do with the gun control debate. What I said was that the fact that men are more violent is irrelevant to this discussion - the discussion of more gun control. What I dispute is that the fact that men commit more violent acts should be used as any kind of justification for gun control - which is what these women are saying.

So yeah, I can grasp the facts, and no, I'm not burying my head in the sand. Rather I expressed my opinion that the fact you quoted has nothing to do with the gun control debate - instead saying things like that simply feeds into their irrational claims and further fuels gun control rhetoric. That is something I can comprehend very easily. The GUN does not make a man more violent, nor more prone to violence - that is a fact. You're trying to equate two things that have nothing to do with each other, because gun control does nothing to stop violence. Violence is a head and heart issue. The weapon of choice is irrelevant and, therefore, needs to be removed from the equation. As I said before, and perhaps you glanced over it, violence is a behavior issue, not a tool issue.

In other words: violent man + gun does not equal more violent man, rather violent man = violent man, no extra component needed. Is a violent man with a gun more likely to use that gun to commit a violent act? Perhaps. But then you could also say a violent woman is just as likely, there are just fewer violent women, maybe more crazy ones, just not as many violent.

I think I made that fairly clear the first time, if not, hopefully this clears it up. And, as I said, no personal attack was intended, so no need to send one my way.

Last Edited:
Ya know, my wife is a very accomplished quilter! Been doing it for 40 years. She could make me a pair of those easily!
Annnnd, I could carry them right aboard a plane! ;)
At first I read quilter as quitter, and with the "straight and firm" comments I was like "So you don't get enough?" And then I read "She could make me a pair" and it only got worse! :oops:

According to some feminists, owning guns is just fine, even great, if you're a woman. Men owning guns is the real problem - proving men are impotent and need to use guns to be 'real' men, if only to make up for their lack of real masculinity o_O

So, a feminist "artist" decided to use the time-tested craft of choice for political protesters worldwide by using quilting and sewing to somehow show guns as soft and cuddly things? Somehow a gun pillow is a method of protesting men owning guns :confused:. I honestly don't think I'll ever understand looney bins like these twisted nut jobs. For now, I'll just quietly laugh at the impotent effect their stupid pillow guns will have on gun violence:

Source: Feminist artist takes on 'toxic masculinity' by making 'soft, impotent' sculptures of guns

View attachment 327277 View attachment 327278
No doubt his woman could be found in the checkout line at Safeway, around 9:00pm, with a box of wine, bag of cat food and a bodice ripper paperback.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top