JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I miss the days you could walk into about any hardware store and grab a surplus rifle out of the garbage cab display rack, walk to the clerk and slap down $5 to $15 and walk out the door......................

There is no reason why that couldn't be done today. If the hardware store were in business, I would gladly walk in and buy a few. No one has a right to stop me. I have no concern for illegal laws. "Shall Not Be Infringed" is all I need to know.

If this country rises from the ashes, it will be by the bootstraps of Libertarians. The ashes themselves will be made of Left-supporting fools who knew they didn't have the gumption to save the country, but forced their lies down our throats anyway, just to appease their masters.

I will enjoy life, liberty and freedom. When someone makes a move to deny my freedom, they or I(or both) will lose their lives, but I will step on no ones freedom and no one will step on mine. It all ends before that happens. It really is that simple and it is he foundation of this country. Does anyone think "Give me liberty or give me death" meant, "Unless there are laws against it, in which case, you may have my liberty."? I never read it that way.

Anyone thinking that marijuana isn't a drug or isn't the same as "hard" drugs helps to sustain the stigma. Honesty is what is needed. On the anti side of things, please stop lying and telling people that drugs kill. People that can't control themselves kill. Anyone "addicted" to something can over do it. It's no different than people that drink too much Coca-Cola, coffee or alcohol. On the pro side, the denial of pot being a "gateway drug" is the most absurd thing I've ever heard. And I don't want to hear from people that say "I smoke(d) pot and didn't become a junkie, so your whole theory is blown out of the water.". Not only wrong, but stupid is that stance. Simply answer one question ad answer it honestly. How many people do you know hat started using meth, heroin, cocaine or whatever BEFORE they eve smoked pot? The startling answer(unless you are simply a bald-faced liar) is absolutely no one, with very rare and few exceptions.

The idea that it isn't even a drug is beyond absurd. Tylenol is a drug. Caffeine is a drug. Cocaine is a drug. Tetrahydrocannabinol is in fact a drug. In the case of all narcotics, the poison's(it actually is poison, no matter how much you enjoy it. I'm not an anti, but I'm also not a liar.) interaction with your brain is what creates the effect. Whether it is sugar, caffeine, THC, cocaine or heroin, they follow a lot of the same processes in your brain(or your interaction with your blood-brain barrier. Without that, very small doses of THC would be fatal.). Denying it or trying to change reality simply loosens your stance and position and makes even the good parts of your argument null and void.

Finally, my son will be 10 in about 2 weeks. At this point, if someone gave him pot, they would answer to me. Not me calling the cops. Me, myself and I. I haven't killed anybody since 2003, but that would give me purpose and drive to do so. Once the boy is 15 or 16, he needs to make his own decisions and live with the results of those decisions. At that point, if the boy chooses drugs with the ammo he has been given by his mother and I, so be it. At that point I believe he is responsible for his own actions and I would seek no recourse with the "dealer".

Pot is pot is pot is pot.....It really isn't a big deal, but we do eed to call it what it is and stop pretending that lies will help perception. It will only hurt it.

:s0155:

There is no reason why that couldn't be done today. If the hardware store were in business, I would gladly walk in and buy a few. No one has a right to stop me. I have no concern for illegal laws. "Shall Not Be Infringed" is all I need to know.

If this country rises from the ashes, it will be by the bootstraps of Libertarians. The ashes themselves will be made of Left-supporting fools who knew they didn't have the gumption to save the country, but forced their lies down our throats anyway, just to appease their masters.

I will enjoy life, liberty and freedom. When someone makes a move to deny my freedom, they or I(or both) will lose their lives, but I will step on no ones freedom and no one will step on mine. It all ends before that happens. It really is that simple and it is he foundation of this country. Does anyone think "Give me liberty or give me death" meant, "Unless there are laws against it, in which case, you may have my liberty."? I never read it that way.

After the war there were so many rifles for sale for next to nothing.
I bought a 7.7 jap, a springfield 06, a 8mm mauser for under $10 ea when I was about 10 or 12. no paper work. I even bought a garrand for $85. Funny thing, no one was running around shooting anyone either back then. That all didnt begin till long after all the paperwork crap started. Gangs should have been squashed from day one. And if anyone says they have the freedom to be gang members and commit mayhem, be prepared to meet cujo Bronson.
Since the background and record keeping started crime and murders have jumped 5000%. Correlation?
Your guess is as good as mine but thats whats happened.
Gun laws in mexico are strict, but they have more automatic weapons than our military :-/
Laws are pretty much bullpucky !

On the pro side, the denial of pot being a "gateway drug" is the most absurd thing I've ever heard. And I don't want to hear from people that say "I smoke(d) pot and didn't become a junkie, so your whole theory is blown out of the water.". Not only wrong, but stupid is that stance. Simply answer one question ad answer it honestly. How many people do you know hat started using meth, heroin, cocaine or whatever BEFORE they eve smoked pot? The startling answer(unless you are simply a bald-faced liar) is absolutely no one, with very rare and few exceptions.
You need to pull your head out of your *** and realize big pharm is the new gateway drug. So many kids in my area are using pills and never even smoked weed. Its not as rare as you would like/lead to believe. From smoking oxy to heroin, snorting coke or adderall, many kids were prescribed for their ADHD or what have you, completely bypassing weed. Weed is the lame persons high nowadays. Anyone who still believes weed is a gateway drug is misinformed. Pills or substitutes, meth heroin etc. are everywhere because of their easiness to get. Easier than weed I would argue.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

unklekippy has a point, every pothead i've met had first drank alcohol, before that caffeine, and before that whatever was prescribed to them or bought at the store for whatever reason. Point is, unklekippy has a point. - & that point is one thing leads to another, including freedom. No freedom, no f'ing problem. Rhetoric wasn't born yesterday, it was spawned from whoever created black tea. Back tea is a f'ing nuisance to society. On that note, i'm addicted to corn syrup.

The idea that it isn't even a drug is beyond absurd. Tylenol is a drug. Caffeine is a drug. Cocaine is a drug. Tetrahydrocannabinol is in fact a drug. In the case of all narcotics, the poison's(it actually is poison, no matter how much you enjoy it. I'm not an anti, but I'm also not a liar.) interaction with your brain is what creates the effect. Whether it is sugar, caffeine, THC, cocaine or heroin, they follow a lot of the same processes in your brain(or your interaction with your blood-brain barrier.

Your are forgetting another drug. A completely legal drug, sold by stores and government. ****ing alcohol. Beer, wine, whiskey, vodka. Legal, and abused by more people in our society than all other drugs put together. Ignored by most of society has not being a problem, because the same people who are complaining about pot, are drunk on their as* 4 nights week. Drunk drivers every where, coming out of bars and diners, blown out of their mind and driving away.

Back in my EMT days, I cleaned a lot of their debris up. I patched them up, I lifted the dead bodies out of the cars. Not much has changed in the 25 years. My kid now does the same things I did, another family member makes an attempt to keep these self destructive idiots off the road to the tune of at least 2 DUI arrests a week.

I have not run across too many people who were so stoned they could not drive. They would rather sit at home and eat those Dorritios and pose very little threat to society. I like a beer every night, and been known to put some Irish cream in my coffee. Sitting at home, going nowhere, and one is pretty much all I want or need. Don't feel the need to be altered by alcohol or weed.

If people would get off the " weed will make you a heroin addict" bu*lsh*t, and demand that alcohol be made illegal, it might make sense. But then the government would miss out on huge dollars in excise taxes. When the government finally figures how much in taxes they will make legalizing weed, you will be able to buy bags in every C store in town.

Alcohol is a drug, and a very destructive one. Why not ban it ?

They tried that once. It was called the 18th Amendment to the Constitution of the United States. Didn't take. Repealed by 21st Amendment.

The government learned a lesson with its half-hearted enforcement of alcohol Prohibition. The drug Prohibition is enforced with massive, indiscriminate violence. The ruling class will not allow the plebs to disobey their diktats ever again.

You need to pull your head out of your *** and realize big pharm is the new gateway drug. So many kids in my area are using pills and never even smoked weed. Its not as rare as you would like/lead to believe. From smoking oxy to heroin, snorting coke or adderall, many kids were prescribed for their ADHD or what have you, completely bypassing weed. Weed is the lame persons high nowadays. Anyone who still believes weed is a gateway drug is misinformed. Pills or substitutes, meth heroin etc. are everywhere because of their easiness to get. Easier than weed I would argue.

Wow. My head is up my ***? You really believe pills are more prevalent than pot? In Florida, yes, but that would be the only place. Pills are a big problem and getting worse, but your hyperbole doesn't change reality. I also have made my feelings about Big Pharm very clear, thanks for joining the conversation. Still, they are nowhere near as easy to get for kids, as they are a very expensive habit and so many adults are so addicted that their kids don't have a chance to get to them.

Still, your point is valid and I don't need to be offensive(though I can be) to simply have a conversation. Again, pills are a big problem and people die every day from them. Still, the are nowhere near as common or as easy to get as pot.

By all means, explain why pills being a problem somehow strikes pot from being a gateway drug? Whether pills are even part of the conversation, one thing leads to another. Pot is where it starts.

For the record, I will be 35 in a couple of weeks. I grew up in Portland and watched literally hundreds of other kids go through the same thing I did. This was recently. I gave the crap up for good on my 30th birthday. My understanding of this doesn't come from documentaries I watched on Netflix about the dangers of Oxycontin. Just from being informed, paying attention and living it. You being a prick about it won't change anything.

Your are forgetting another drug. A completely legal drug, sold by stores and government. ****ing alcohol. Beer, wine, whiskey, vodka. Legal, and abused by more people in our society than all other drugs put together. Ignored by most of society has not being a problem, because the same people who are complaining about pot, are drunk on their as* 4 nights week. Drunk drivers every where, coming out of bars and diners, blown out of their mind and driving away.

Back in my EMT days, I cleaned a lot of their debris up. I patched them up, I lifted the dead bodies out of the cars. Not much has changed in the 25 years. My kid now does the same things I did, another family member makes an attempt to keep these self destructive idiots off the road to the tune of at least 2 DUI arrests a week.

I have not run across too many people who were so stoned they could not drive. They would rather sit at home and eat those Dorritios and pose very little threat to society. I like a beer every night, and been known to put some Irish cream in my coffee. Sitting at home, going nowhere, and one is pretty much all I want or need. Don't feel the need to be altered by alcohol or weed.

If people would get off the " weed will make you a heroin addict" bu*lsh*t, and demand that alcohol be made illegal, it might make sense. But then the government would miss out on huge dollars in excise taxes. When the government finally figures how much in taxes they will make legalizing weed, you will be able to buy bags in every C store in town.

Alcohol is a drug, and a very destructive one. Why not ban it ?

Uh, actually my argument is for the legalization of EVERYTHING. I'm not sure why you want me to ban alcohol. I am perfectly aware that it is far more destructive an pot.

Since you guys can't put together what is going on here, no one wants to ban alcohol and no one said pot will make you a heroin addict. Most people that smoke pot won't ever try heroin. Still, I've yet to meet the guy that picked up a needle before trying the "soft" stuff.

Does anybody else have a nonsensical argument?

Uh, actually my argument is for the legalization of EVERYTHING. I'm not sure why you want me to ban alcohol. I am perfectly aware that it is far more destructive an pot.

Since you guys can't put together what is going on here, no one wants to ban alcohol and no one said pot will make you a heroin addict. Most people that smoke pot won't ever try heroin. Still, I've yet to meet the guy that picked up a needle before trying the "soft" stuff.

Does anybody else have a nonsensical argument?

Has this thread supported legalizing all drugs?

I think I figured this out....

We can and should protect all freedoms at all cost including killing, chopping heads off and kicking them down the street except ones others don't agree with.

Sounds productive.

Actually, we should protect all freedoms. The only heads being chopped off would be the hypothetical guy selling my 10 year old dope. I made it clear that once he is old enough, he will enjoy the same freedoms. While he is 10, he is my responsibility, not his own. Besides that, and I can only speak for myself, anyone and everyone should be free to smoke, drink, snort, inject whatever they want into their own body.

I have. And since my comment was directly called out, I cleared it up.

Is everyone chiming in here too stoned to understand English or follow the course of simple conversation?

I personally don't drink nor smoke pot (can't because of work) or do any other mentioned drugs, Hell, I can't even take prescription drugs but yet I do have trouble finding the point (or what side of the debate people are on) of many posts. I see lots of double talk ESPESSIALLY on freedom and government interference.

After the war there were so many rifles for sale for next to nothing.
I bought a 7.7 jap, a springfield 06, a 8mm mauser for under $10 ea when I was about 10 or 12. no paper work. I even bought a garrand for $85. Funny thing, no one was running around shooting anyone either back then. That all didnt begin till long after all the paperwork crap started. Gangs should have been squashed from day one. And if anyone says they have the freedom to be gang members and commit mayhem, be prepared to meet cujo Bronson.
Since the background and record keeping started crime and murders have jumped 5000%. Correlation?
Your guess is as good as mine but thats whats happened.
Gun laws in mexico are strict, but they have more automatic weapons than our military :-/
Laws are pretty much bullpucky !

actually that right could be held in the first and second amendments. granted you dont have a right to cause trouble for anyone else but you have the right to be a member to any group you like, regardless of any stigma behind any kind of group.

im not really for the legalization of all drugs but taking pot out of the hands of drug dealers would dramatically reduce spending of both police and corrections; not to mention in a decline in criminal gangs in the streets. a big plus would be a whole new industry to create new private industry jobs. the comparison that video made with the end prohibition could very well be the same outcome and my guess is it is likely what it would look like. if you look at how washington is handling it, you would see how the nation would go about it. the state is carefully looking at how it can create an industry and with more states looking at the same time, some one would come up with a plan that works.

I think I figured this out....

We can and should protect all freedoms at all cost including killing, chopping heads off and kicking them down the street except ones others don't agree with.

Sounds productive.

Except, and quoting Lysander Spooner again, choppping heads off would "harm the person or property of another." (Vices are those acts by which a man harms himself or his property.
Crimes are those acts by which one man harms the person or property of another.")

I personally don't drink nor smoke pot (can't because of work) or do any other mentioned drugs, Hell, I can't even take prescription drugs but yet I do have trouble finding the point (or what side of the debate people are on) of many posts. I see lots of double talk ESPESSIALLY on freedom and government interference.

Where is the double talk from any of my posts? I have stood my ground and not wavered. No one has a right to tell me what to(or not to) smoke, drink or eat. I will deal with problems on my own(hence the "will not call police" statement made earlier) and will ask for no government interference. ESPECIALLY(I spelled it right for you) when it comes to my family.

Any time that you can point out what is confusing about my posts, or what is not clear about where I stand, I will gladly listen. If you realized that you are wrong and changed your mind about "having trouble finding the point of (or what side of the debate people are on) of many posts.", please then stop quoting my posts in your confusion.

My stance is very clear, no matter how many people try to distort it, get called out on their BS and then simply stop responding when the idiocy has been pointed out. You're barking up the wrong tree over here. Are there any other crystal clear statements that I can clear up for those that can't follow a simple conversation?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top