Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

guns and weed

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Kevinkris, Aug 28, 2013.

1. Kevinkris

Kevinkris Aloha Well-Known Member

while browsing another of my regular websites i found this political documentary demonstrating a clear link between the right to own weapons and the right to consume anything you like. certainly a great way to increase the numbers of both crowds but i think it was otherwise a great outlook on civil rights in general. its got a bit of comedy but also shows images of real violence, all be it very little. this is not a new production but i liked it and i think many of you would like it too; even if you dont think weed should be legalized.

if you can put up with a couple pop ups here is a link to watch free. http://www.embedder.eu/frame.php?url=http://www.putlocker.com/file/6A7D3E6B9BA33E89 you should set aside a stretch of time to watch it, its a bit long.

if you would prefer to watch it by other means the title is "Guns and Weed The Road to Freedom".

rur862 and (deleted member) like this.
  2. dmancornell

dmancornell Portland, OR New Member

I amazed how anyone can be both pro-2A and pro-drug-war.

3. Kevinkris

Kevinkris Aloha Well-Known Member

it happens. ive met people who say punishment should be stronger for all drug offenses but turn around and say "ill shoot anyone who tries to take my guns".

something else that was in that video i really liked was changing the language of something you hear from conservative parties; "god given rights" to "innate rights". now my saying that may upset those who are religious but the religious groups will fail only using religious references. liberal groups attack that language, this problem needs to be addressed and corrected for anything good to come from it.

Will_Power and (deleted member) like this.
  4. unklekippy

unklekippy In The Mountains Near Sprague River Well-Known Member

I have a problem with anyone deciding what someone else can and cannot ingest. In my opinion, the individual is responsible for his or her actions. This applies to all aspects of life. There simply is no provision for any self-appointed "authority" to tell you or I what(or what not) to eat, drink, smoke, whatever. People are so brainwashed that they actually make excuses along the lines of not being able to decide right and wrong for themselves, justifying the intrusion "for the sake of the children".

As crazy as it may sound to those that can't actually visualize freedom, drugs should be sold in vending machines next to firearms. I don't need a BGC for either. I never became a heroin addict because I'm not an idiot, not because "laws" stopped me from something I couldn't possibly control.

As long as the folks pushing the "laws" are retiring with millions of dollars from pharmaceutical companies we elected them to police, it's hard to take it seriously. If you get a chance, ask a Senator why we need to be flooded with commercials for PRESCRIPTION drugs, if only your Dr. can prescribe them? Why would something that a doctor needs to diagnose, then prescribe be advertised on TV to the tune of millions in advertising costs? What gain could advertisement bring if only a trusted doctor can prescribe? Then ask why a joint isn't as readily available. No matter the lie told, the answer is because no one got their cut of the joint. It has nothing to do with your "wellness". Only campaign proceeds from Big Pharm and another slice in the form of taxation. It's best for them to keep the weed down. They can't have someone relieving their pain in a non-addictive way that can't be taxed properly.

Even if that wasn't their bullbubblegum motivation, no one has the right to tell you or I what we can and can't smoke.

5. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

You trust doctors? Boy, your young! Ha!

6. unklekippy

No, I don't trust doctors. My point is that if you need a "trusted" doctor to prescribe the dope, why are there commercial's planting symptoms in the minds of the sheep? Why would Big Pharm waste so many millions on advertisement for drugs that theoretically must be prescribed by doctors diagnosing patients? How could there be any gain? It's becaue less people would get addicted to horrible bubblegum like Cymbalta if they weren't convinced by commercials that they need it. I threw the "trusted" part in there to show that the doctors are in it as well. They write far too many unnecessary prescriptions. When you walk into their office, you can tell the prescriptions they are most likely to write. It's written on their pens, notepads and coffee mugs.

mancat and (deleted member) like this.
  7. unklekippy

Hey, I'm young enough to be angry, but old enough to know that dope is for the birds. I had my fun and did it all in years past. I wouldn't trade my experiences for the world, but I'm glad it's over. I have no motivation to ever drink or use recreational drugs again. I have no problem with anyone that chooses to, I'm just over it myself.

These days, the only drugs I take are for screaming constant pain in my crippled back.

Hell Sarge, you're so old you might real soon here be able to remember when weed was legal, illegal, then legal again. Do you still have any of those marijuana stamps from the '30's?

8. oknow

oknow amboy wa. Well-Known Member

. They write far too many unnecessary prescriptions.

heck I have a small stack of prescriptions that were never filled. I try my best to stay away from all that stuff

9. One-Eyed Ross

One-Eyed Ross Winlock, WA Well-Known Member

"Vices are those acts by which a man harms himself or his property.

Crimes are those acts by which one man harms the person or property of another.

Vices are simply the errors which a man makes in his search after his own happiness. Unlike crimes, they imply no malice toward others, and no interference with their persons or property.

For a government to declare a vice to be a crime, and to punish it as such, is an attempt to falsify the very nature of things. It is as absurd as it would be to declare truth to be falsehood, or falsehood truth."

Vices are not crimes, Lysander Spooner, 18175 Vices Are Not Crimes | LysanderSpooner.org

10. NoOne

NoOne Puget Sound Active Member

Along with rights come responsibilities. If you choose to ingest something that messes you up, don't expect the rest of us to foot the bill to fix your screw up.

I'm just fine with someone wanting to take acid and jump off a roof, just don't expect me to pay the medical bills, or to be happy about having to pay the medical bills through my higher taxes.

If you want to have alcohol, or drugs around, and are a firearms owner, there are some things I think are common sense. Among those are don't get messed up and play with guns because bad things will probably happen. If they do, it is your own damned fault.

Sgt Nambu, BDA.45, EM60 and 7 others like this.
  11. MrNiceGuy

MrNiceGuy between springfield and shelbyville Well-Known Member

I guess your post would have more validity if there was even a single person here who didn't view this as common sense.

I'd go even further, I shouldn't be responsible for others medical bills, REGARDLESS of their inebriation.

Also, don't try to smoke your bullets and shoot your weed... some more of that common sense advice.

unklekippy and (deleted member) like this.
  12. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Yeah, Kip, I got ya the first time. I just wanted to hack back for the I'm old crack!

13. NoOne

NoOne Puget Sound Active Member

MR. Nice Guy,
    I completely agree with you...the problem is that now days, common sense seems rather uncommon. What you and I see as common sense, many people have difficulty figuring out.
    Like you, I think self imposed inebriation should carry ALL costs and consequences associated with it. Unfortunately many people seem to make denial of personal responsibility their life's work.

It is the fault of the governement.
    It is your religion's fault.
    It is my religion's fault.
    It is your fault because you didn't stop me.
    It is your fault because you didn't tell me (to not check the gas level in the tank with a match).
    and on and on...

If more people would simply admit they made a stupid mistake, accept the consequences and move on, I would be more than happy to allow them to learn from their mistake. The people who strive to blame everyone and everything but themselves for stupidity drive me batty.

EM60, BDA.45, CryWolf and 3 others like this.
  14. One-Eyed Ross

One-Eyed Ross Winlock, WA Well-Known Member

“Judgment is given to men that they may use it. Because it may be used erroneously, are men to be told that they ought not to use it at all? To prohibit what they think pernicious is not claiming exemption from error, but fulfilling the duty incumbent on them, although fallible, of acting on their conscientious conviction. If we were never to act on our opinions, because those opinions may be wrong, we should leave all our interests uncared for, and all our duties unperformed. An objection which applies to all conduct can be no valid objection to any conduct in particular.” John Stuart Mill, "On Liberty", 1869 John Stuart Mill: On Liberty

15. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

Guns and weed.... Boats and ho's.

16. U201491

U201491 Well-Known Member

Drugs AND doctors kill more people in this country every year than all the guns and vehicles combined.
    Personally I wish everyone caught selling and smuggling drugs would get an instant death sentence.
    The left has used drugs to demoralize, corrupt, make people into mindless sheep, or totally oblivious to self respect or respect for anything and have been a tool of Americas enemies since the 50's.
    To intentionally damage or warp your mind with any of it is about the MOST ignorant thing anyone can do. Most countries that freely push this crap on America have severe punishment for posession and use within their own borders.
    They make people unproductive, incoherent and do absolutely zero good for any society.
    They have done a good job of destroying this country.

17. Misterbill

Misterbill Yakima County, Washington New Member

BULLbubblegum.

As usual, you don't know what the F you are talking about.

CDC:

You're going to compare this with the number of marijuana overdoses EVER: ZERO.

How about unintentional Cocaine overdoses: [QUOTE"]According to the Centers for Disease control, approximately 5000 deaths occur annually in the US due to cocaine overdose.[1]"[/QUOTE]

How about this you Statist pig: You keep your damned hands off my body and I won't complain that your wife gives you a BJ, which, after all, is a sin under Catholic doctrine. -Isn't that equally as "nasty" as getting high on a substance you don't happen to favor?

And I can say the same for anyone who uses alcohol, with a LOT more credibility.

As usual, you show your statist, control-freak cred, comparing marijuana or cocaine, with NOTHING, instead of comparing it with alcohol, perfectly legal, which kills hundreds of thousands every year, not to mention exacerbating every possible known social ill.

Here you act like you're some radical Right-winger while still spouting the same lies as the Clinton Administration. Yes, you are lying. And if you're too ignorant to KNOW you are lying, get an education. And STFU until you do.

18. U201491

Another for the ignore list...................

19. U201491

United States
    world's largest consumer of cocaine (shipped from Colombia through Mexico and the Caribbean), Colombian heroin, and Mexican heroin and marijuana; major consumer of ecstasy and Mexican methamphetamine; minor consumer of high-quality Southeast Asian heroin; illicit producer of cannabis, marijuana, depressants, stimulants, hallucinogens, and methamphetamine; money-laundering center

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/fields/2086.html

BoonDocks36 and (deleted member) like this.
  20. unklekippy

Except for instant death to anyone selling any drugs, I agree with you wholeheartedly. The problem is, if we are to be free, we are to be all the way free. We can't allow the .gov to outlaw drugs and expect them to keep their hands off guns. They have no place in either.

Without government intervention, drug problems fix themselves. Those that can cope will, those that can't, won't. Why is it that gun owner's are all for a "survival of the fittest" scenario and want the government to buttout of everything except drugs? We cite The Constitution to protect our guns and then want unconstitutional and BS "laws" to protect us from drugs. I protect myself and my family from all things. Believe it or not, I do not need the governments help to keep me or mine safe.

It simply cannot be both ways. The government either gets out of your and my business, or they dive all the way in. I have no intention of opening any doors to allow more government intrusions. Whether that door is marked "firearms", "narcotics" or "child welfare", their involvement is never good for any American.