JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

01Zardoz_FF.jpg

Sean Connery

Who just happened to murder the generals family an hour before that picture was taken.
Actually it wasn't HIS family, it was the family of a friend and the murders were committed more than a day earlier. Frankly, I might well have done the same thing under the circumstances, and my comment was directed toward the effect that pic had on the American people, and American involvement in the war, not in judgment of his action. The VC was an officer and out of uniform.
As I understand it, Chief Nguyen Ngoc Loan immigrated to the US and opened a restaurant in Burke, Virginia after Saigon fell to the communists. He died in 1998 of cancer, aged 67... As a Buddhist, he declared that he felt no guilt over what he had done and was forgiven by The Buddha... One wonders if the VC felt the same for his own acts... Attempts by American liberals to have the Chief deported or tried for war crimes came to nothing, and Jimmy Carter refused to allow any action taken against him...

Last Edited:
I got this shot by placing the camera on top of my truck and RUNNING to the spot to take shots at the target. In the larger version, you can actually see the brass ejects going over my head and behind me. I ain't THAT purdy, but it was a good picture. I'm firing a S/W Model 4506. The gun on my hip is a Browning Challenger in 22 caliber. The two pieces of wood at my feet were markers for the photo shot. So I would know where to run to before the camera went off.

bobpic1.jpg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads