JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If you want to see a gun blog that turned out great content, from a content provider standpoint, take a look at PrecisionRifleBlog. Although he has been pretty inactive the last couple of years. I recommend starting at the beginning of his timeline and pay attention to his attention to detail. Sorry, there is a lot. His approach to projects relating to his blog's focus is a good idea of the effort it can take to provide meaningful information to the people you want to reach about your blog topic...or you can go for the FPSRussia route in blog form. Either way will work I guess, depends on your goals for your blog.

I watch you tube and read some reviews and like some have said, some folks seem more like adds for the produce rather than reviews.

The other thing I hate is if you're going to review something leave it stock for the first review. To many folks say it's the first shots then tell me its stock except for the Apex trigger, recoil spring and the red dot.

I want a review of the new gun not all the aftermarket parts because if it doesn't work out of the box then why do I want it. If the stock trigger sucks say it and say why and not just replace it right off the bat.

Later you can add goodies then review again.

But hay this is just my opinion.

My favorite you tube is put out by helikon tex, they do a great show on each piece of gear. They have sold me what I was looking for.

They don't tell lies or bs, they just show you what they have to offer

After I left New Zealand to become an American Smokejumper in Oregon my hunting partner in N.Z. bought a Savage 1899 in 250-3000, and entered the meat hunting market in N.Z. rather than returning to low wage Gov't deer culling. He said he loved the accuracy and low recoil of the Savage 99. We were all head hunters then and many of the real full time hunters were migrating to the bolt action BSA and Sako .222 rifles and away from the ol British Enfield .303 which were great, but had too much recoil when the small cal guns worked even better. Looked for years for one of those Savage 99s in 250-3000. Finally found one , paid way too much for it, but it is something else. Just love the rifle.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top