JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey everybody, I couldn't figure out a way to fit my question in the title so I figured that would grab attention. A good friend of mine was going through a bad breakup as well as a few other things in his life, and one thing led to another and he got arrested for felony possession of drugs. Now our legal system is pretty good for situations like this, his charges will be dropped after he completes a year of treatment but here is my question; he does not want to have his rifle with a pending felony for obvious reasons, and wants me to have it. I would love to, but I'm a little unsure about the legality of receiving a firearm from someone with a pending felony charge.

Can anyone help me on this?

Thanks,
Jordan

perfectly legal, a buddy of mine's brother was into firearms before life got the better of him and he started playing with the wrong stuff, and he was required to get rid of his guns, no problem there

edit: in his case the police took possession, then released them to a family member

Too bad for your friend. Hopefully he learns from his mistake, and can turn his life around. I'm sure that he can give you his guns for safekeeping. You should get them while he is still just accused. If he doesn't fulfill his probation, and he becomes an actual fellon, then he definitely can't have them. Should be fine for you to keep it in your safe for now.

He's doing fine, he has no plans on breaking his treatment plan. He's no addict, really, but it's good he got in trouble now as opposed to three or four years down the line. Got to keep his job and stay out of jail, all he has to do is keep his head down and read a lot for a year.

He's doing fine, he has no plans on breaking his treatment plan. He's no addict, really, but it's good he got in trouble now as opposed to three or four years down the line. Got to keep his job and stay out of jail, all he has to do is keep his head down and read a lot for a year.

After your friend is clear of supervision, make sure he looks into getting his arrest record "expunged". That's a legal process that clears his record as long as he never re-offends. He doesn't even need a lawyer. The legal form is available at business supply stores, and does not even need to be typed. Just submit the form with a small fee to the County offices, wait a little while, and he will be clear of that arrest record. Don't ask me how I know all of this...........................elsullo ;)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top