JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
I'm a conservative guy.
These are distinctly not conservative times.

I'm of a mind that America can not continue down the path we are now on and remain America for much longer.

The attacks by this administration in particular notwithstanding, there has been a rising swell of progressive/moral relative politics over the past 4 generations...within the last 2 generations the process dramatically accelerated, and over the last 15 months we are in free fall...our Constitution is being plowed under.

What is it with the rule here that politics may not be discussed unless they are directly related to firearms and firearms issues?

Are we to simply ignore issues until only violent upheaval is all that remains to us?
Is the notion of talking until all other avenues of recourse are exhausted lost on this forum?

I'm a complete new guy here and I can sure be convinced to take a walk (it is, after all, still a free country and this is a private gig here. You set your own rules) but the way you guys run this debate forum is really odd in my book.

The RKBA is the teeth but there are whole other sections of our Constitution being trampled beside that one. I don't think we should ignore or limit debate on any of it.

Progs present a wide front and we need to meet them wherever we find them.

This is a forum about firearms, not politics (unless they relate to firearms). I can only imagine how many more flame wars there would be here if we discussed general politics.

There are other political fourms out there...

This is a forum about firearms, not politics (unless they relate to firearms). I can only imagine how many more flame wars there would be here if we discussed general politics.

There are other political fourms out there...

^^^
This is why

Many of us come from differing religious or political backgrounds, and such issues usually just cause "flaming" between users. (I have yet to see a political or religious debate on a forum remain civilized and without flaming)

These arguments eventually drive us apart, when we should be united for one cause, firearms and the 2nd amendment.

^^^
This is why

Many of us come from differing religious or political backgrounds, and such issues usually just cause "flaming" between users. (I have yet to see a political or religious debate on a forum remain civilized and without flaming)

These arguments eventually drive us apart, when we should be united for one cause, firearms and the 2nd amendment.

I have been on other forums unrelated to politics which have GREAT political sections. The best political board I have ever seen is on a Kawasaki web site!

Conservatism is not only about guns, and you can not rally together under any single issue...progreeeesives will eat you for breakfast...but I get the hint.

You guys have a blast.:s0155:

Does Joey still have the conservative board running? That might be a good place for the you to discuss conservative issues.

also to the OP keep in mind a lot of us are just preaching to the choir need to take the debate to the other side cross hit the liberal boards

They have done it to 2nd amendment forums as well as conservative forums

Keep in mind that gun ownership does not necessarily make one a "Traditional Conservative" in every sense. I have views that run the full range of the political spectrum - I also have many evil looking black guns and am a staunch defender of the Bill of Rights.

I have been on other forums unrelated to politics which have GREAT political sections. The best political board I have ever seen is on a Kawasaki web site!

Conservatism is not only about guns, and you can not rally together under any single issue...progreeeesives will eat you for breakfast...but I get the hint.

You guys have a blast.:s0155:

It took me a while to get it here too, but I do. Among gun owners and 2A supporters we do in fact have libs and conservs, blacks and whites, gays and straights, women and men - you name it.

Some libs are devout gun owners!

We're about guns and we stay united on that one issue. Other political issues would cause division. This is a single issue forum.

We're about guns and we stay united on that one issue. Other political issues would cause division. This is a single issue forum.

:s0155:

The mods let people here stretch the rules quite a bit when it comes to non-firearm political discussions, and I think that's fine too - up to a limit. Users can almost always get a few other issues off their chests when they come up.

I'm still getting up to speed here too, I've found a very interesting mix of members and their political views. One thing for sure when the political debates get going it causes a deep divide based on ideology.
You will hardly ever see the debate stick to the issues here, making the debate worthless and divisive for the forum. Sites with good political forums have a culture and a respected code of conduct, it takes time for a site to develop self control. We have a young forum here that with time it may be able to support politics but for now it's best to refrain. :s0159:

I really don't have enough time to do politics, but I simply have to respond when nonsense is posted. It often seems like a contest to sort out the ubber bubba, with proportional backslapping given to the most absurd right wing edges. This tends to produce really wacko statements that just have to be getting notice from the feds.

And if we really want to hear more of this sort of BS the radio and fox runs it 24/7.

I really don't have enough time to do politics, but I simply have to respond when nonsense is posted. It often seems like a contest to sort out the ubber bubba, with proportional backslapping given to the most absurd right wing edges. This tends to produce really wacko statements that just have to be getting notice from the feds.

And if we really want to hear more of this sort of BS the radio and fox runs it 24/7.

Here we go, another inspirational message from the uber moon-bat side .......:s0112:

Fox is the devil! Fox is the devil! It's true. You can hear Bill O'Reilly say it when you run their broadcasts backwards.

Going to Freddie's. Gotta buy more tinfoil.

^^^
This is why

Many of us come from differing religious or political backgrounds, and such issues usually just always cause "flaming" between users. (I have yet to see a political or religious debate on a forum remain civilized and without flaming)

Post fixed!

There shouldn't be a general politics board because the real bottom line is this:

Liberals with guns are like chickens backing Colonel Sanders. Their shallow love of firearms has already failed to quell their impulse to enable those who most assault that freedom, so what is gained by "debating" with them over the fuller spectrum of their readiness to betray the ideals of this country?

That discussion regarding their traitorous impulses, as it were, is better conducted elsewhere.

Well I am sick of politics myself....

Well then did you really need to post then?

don't give up the fight.

The guy that started this thread is right unless we can unite with a single cause the progressives will eat us up. I feel his point is we cannot squabble over little things like, single action, double action, assult weapons, black powder what ever the difference may be.

The progressives are attacking and they are united and driven and have monitary backers. That is why they have gained so much ground in the last 2 years.

I am a member of an organization for the sportfishers, how many different fishing groups out there are there, more than I can count on my fingers and toes, but we don't agree, bait, no bait, fly fishing only, no hacheries, wild only. It is this kind of division that he is talking about. So each of our little groups of 50 to 300 members (votes) meet with our politicians with our little agendas and they listen and when we are dismissed, but when the progressives come to the politicians with 10 to 12 thousand members (votes) they realize if they do not take this seriously they can be voted out of office.

They will eat our lunch...no I say they are eating our lunch!

Whether gun rights, fishing or political unless we agree and get past our differences we will never gain back what we had and it will only get worse.

Something to think about.

Thanks

There shouldn't be a general politics board because the real bottom line is this:

Liberals with guns are like chickens backing Colonel Sanders. Their shallow love of firearms has already failed to quell their impulse to enable those who most assault that freedom, so what is gained by "debating" with them over the fuller spectrum of their readiness to betray the ideals of this country?

That discussion regarding their traitorous impulses, as it were, is better conducted elsewhere.

I have done alot of reading and I got to say that is a perfect descrition of the situation. Best I have read in years. Mind if I borrow your words and post them elsewhere??

Thanks

jj

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR