JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I really don't know what he expects for $350. Did I miss the part where he actually fired the gun? The gun weighs in at 2 -3 ounces more than a similar sized Glock or Smith. I have no interest in owning the gun, but don't think it's reasonable to compare it to more expensive guns. There are folks that can't afford more gun than this.

I was trying to see what this "gunsamerica" does/is and I just gave up after scrolling through ten pages (about 20 vids per page) of two minute videos of the SHOT show that they've made.
You'd have to be a rube to give a rats arse about an unproven gun anyway to click.. let alone buy.
No thanks and didn't click.

The fella that writes for GunsAmerica is kind of a work of art, in my opinion. I used to be subscribed and read his email musings but was very quickly turned off by quite a few of his articles and how condescending he is, to the comments on those articles. He has a 'holier than thou' attitude. Just my two pennies

Gosh-o-golly. Gun Lust magazine said the Remington R9 was the greatest advance in firearms since the invention of gunpowder. They print monthly on really slick, glossy paper. How could they be wrong?

If the magazine didn't honestly think the R9 was great, then why did they show a full-page ad for the gun next to the last page of the article, for my convenience??

Gosh, I feel so conflicted.

If a Glock or Smith & Wesson is a Transformer, this gun is at best a GoBot. Probably more like a Chinese knock-off GoBot your alcoholic father picked up at a gas station the night before Christmas. This gun is (expletive) ugly.

^ LMAO.

That aside, if one's goal is to acquire a functional 9mm at the $500 MSRP price point, there are a ton of options circa 2017. I don't see any reason to bother with this one.

Military Arms Channel does excellent shooting reviews. There are two separate reviews of the RP9, neither one of them great since they experienced feeding problems with two different pistols Remington sent them to review.

I actually liked the little RM380 I had. Never had a failure in 400 rounds. It was basically a Rohrbaugh R380 that sold for less than half of the original, so the fact Remington didn't actually design it probably had something to do with it. I finally sold it when I got a Sig P938, but it was still a great shooting little pistol.

I still have my little RM-380, and agree it is good. Very easy to rack, but it does not make me comfortable with it, came with a spare magazine, that was a plus. I have too many other 380's I like better.

My wife and I both have the LCP Customs, the ones with the improved red aluminum trigger and real sights, and they're great. I like them better than the new LCP II since they have improved shootability but are still the same size as the original. I also have a Magnum Research Micro Desert Eagle, an all metal tiny thing with a delayed gas blowback system, and my all time favorite and one my favorite guns ever, a beautiful Beretta Cheetah (84FS). There isn't a rule that 380s have to be boring or non-functional. Remington should have just stuck with the RM380 or have come out with an RM9. I would hope that's still in the works. But they destroyed their reputation with the R51. Last thing they need is another failure or even a subpar gun.

I have a Browning BDA 380 which is a Beretta 84 with a enclosed slide and spur hammer. I bought it new in 1988 take 84 magazines. I have LCP, LCP Custom, LCP II, and Colt Mustang XSP. CW380 ( I replaced the striker and guide rod with ones from Lakeline) . Glock 42, S&W Sigma 380, and the Rm-380. I am looking and will buy a Taurus Spectrum. I just like 380's .... Remington's not so much.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top