JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Look, I wouldn't be surprised if Obama went for some kind of "assault weapon" ban for the US. Thing is, he's been battered by popular opinion recently. Why he would "weigh in" on the construction of the mosque near Ground Zero is utterly beyond me. Now he's got all these people outright angry at him. He's not popular -- maybe not as unpopular as GWB was for a while, but in that territory. I seriously doubt that Obama is going to be able to pass ANY more serious legislation for the rest of his term. And... he is gone big time for the 2012 campaign. So, his days are numbered. And the political capital that he had to spend from a decisive election win is completely gone.

Look, I wouldn't be surprised if Obama went for some kind of "assault weapon" ban for the US. Thing is, he's been battered by popular opinion recently. Why he would "weigh in" on the construction of the mosque near Ground Zero is utterly beyond me. Now he's got all these people outright angry at him. He's not popular -- maybe not as unpopular as GWB was for a while, but in that territory. I seriously doubt that Obama is going to be able to pass ANY more serious legislation for the rest of his term. And... he is gone big time for the 2012 campaign. So, his days are numbered. And the political capital that he had to spend from a decisive election win is completely gone.

I agree with most of what you have said but . . . When a lame duck congress presides all bets are off.

We had better be prepared for some sort of horrible anti-gun action by these anti-gun thugs if they ever get in a position where they have nothing to lose. If there is anything you ever hope to have GET IT NOW WHILE THE GETTING IS GOOD!!!

I read something a while back when I was considering caching a few weapons - "If it's time to bury them, it's time to dig them up..." I used the money I would have spent on PVC for some more ammo instead. Just a thought.

We better make our voices heard, and let them know we mean business. Obama obviously doesn't care about popular opinion. I couldn't believe the other day when talking about the proposed mosque, he had the nuggets to talk about the principals the founding fathers laid out for us!

They will try to take away the second amendment as we know it. There has never been a doubt.

Listen, I get the point of being prepared, but I don't want a repeat of the run on guns and ammo that occurred after Obama was elected. Only now has ammo become reasonable again. So... DON'T GO CRAZY BUYING GEAR! The world isn't ending. And I'm pretty sure we'll be done with gun grabbers after the election campaign in 2012.

Listen, I get the point of being prepared, but I don't want a repeat of the run on guns and ammo that occurred after Obama was elected. Only now has ammo become reasonable again. So... DON'T GO CRAZY BUYING GEAR! The world isn't ending. And I'm pretty sure we'll be done with gun grabbers after the election campaign in 2012.

People haven't stopped buying either guns or ammo, I think because the economy is in the tank that has curtailed more people from building a larger arsenal. My $.02, is it is better to have and not need than to need and not have.

Mr Jews for Preservation of Firearms Ownership needs to brush up on his reading skills.

The supporting Fox News article he claimed was from 'In July of this year' that reveals Obama's agenda was posted Sunday, July 15, 2007

In other timely news from 3 years ago, someone threw a shoe at President Bush, Michael Bay is doing a Transformers movie and Jordin Sparks wins American Idol.

Mr Jews for Preservation of Firearms Ownership needs to brush up on his reading skills.

The supporting Fox News article he claimed was from 'In July of this year' that reveals Obama's agenda was posted Sunday, July 15, 2007

In other timely news from 3 years ago, someone threw a shoe at President Bush, Michael Bay is doing a Transformers movie and Jordin Sparks wins American Idol.

What, you think three years and winning the presidency has changed his mind? He is against the 2nd Amendment and given half a chance will see it amended to read only the elite may own firearms. One more liberal judge on the supreme court in the next two years will see that happen.

I'm sorry, but his argument opens with a case that President Obama recently 'dropped his cagey and coy dissembling' and 'is no longer laying low on the issue' -- and claims for support an article written in 2007 before Obama was even on the ballot for President.

The guy should go back to High School Debating 101 if that's the best he can do.

We better make our voices heard, and let them know we mean business. Obama obviously doesn't care about popular opinion. I couldn't believe the other day when talking about the proposed mosque, he had the nuggets to talk about the principals the founding fathers laid out for us!

They will try to take away the second amendment as we know it. There has never been a doubt.

Really.

It made you mad that he supported Freedom of Religion for everyone?

In my opinion, Obama was put into power to change America to a progressive agenda that is set to run our daily lives. I doubt he exspects to be re-elected as he has it set in his mind to change (ruin) America. He is being helped by every Democrat in office and some Republicans. If these changes are not stopped you will pay a dear price in the loss of your freedoms like owning a gun.

jj

The point was that he could care less about the Constitution. He has stomped all over it, and then hides behind it when it suits him.

I believe in freedom of religion for everyone, as well as every other constitutional right.

What we need are "common sense" laws on freedom of religion, also we need to register, license, and tax religious transactions as well as establish religion free zones and ban religion in urban at risk areas and cities, also a government database should be kept for public safety...........:p

The point was that he could care less about the Constitution. He has stomped all over it, and then hides behind it when it suits him.

I believe in freedom of religion for everyone, as well as every other constitutional right.

So did Bush.

So do democrats.

So do republicans as recently shown.

Whats new?

I can't say he's "stomped all over the constitution" Just carried on the same Bush policies and tactics from the last administration making him as equally accountable.

Perhaps more so than Bush since he could have stopped it, and even slammed Bush for the things he is doing.

But that's a complete derail of this thread. And to anyone actually staying on topic, I'm sorry.

So did Bush.

So do democrats.

So do republicans as recently shown.

Whats new?

I can't say he's "stomped all over the constitution" Just carried on the same Bush policies and tactics from the last administration making him as equally accountable.

Perhaps more so than Bush since he could have stopped it, and even slammed Bush for the things he is doing.

But that's a complete derail of this thread. And to anyone actually staying on topic, I'm sorry.

LOL. Of course when something is brought up about Constitutional violations, there is always someone to bring Bush up immediately! Bush is not our president anymore! I didn't like some of the crap Bush did either!

The fact is that Bush is long gone. Obama is president now. He is stomping on the constitution as well as the will of the people in a way I haven't really seen in my lifetime. What is new is that people are fed up with it!

The government is supposed to have a healthy fear of it's citizens. That fear is obviously long gone. If we do not do something soon, this country will be unrecognizable as the United States. You may be o.k. with that, but I am not.

I do not think Obama is going to let the congress do anything stupid on the way out, but I could be wrong. Obama is still thinking he has a shot at a second term and doing anything involving guns would hurt that chance. I truly believe the scariest outcome for gun owners would be Obama in a second term with nothing to lose.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top