JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
In this case, it can be inferred that the guy did have serious enough mental problems to be denied the right to own firearms (and a CHL, which he also had) based on the laws of his home state. Info has surfaced that he received treatment for mental health problems in an inpatient setting, for several months. It's not known if he accepted the need for treatment voluntarily or if he was institutionalized against his will. On his latest firearm application, he appears to have been dishonest and marked "no" when asked if he'd ever had to receive inpatient mental health treatment. Speculation is, if he received that treatment out of state, it may not have linked up with the proper database when the background checks were performed. If the nature of his healthcare somehow didn't disqualify him, lying on the paperwork should have. It calls into question whether or not he was a legal gun owner.

Source:
<broken link removed>

Such a horribly tragic incident. Can't stand to see so many lives cut so short. I hope The Good Lord will give strength to those who are affected.

great news for Obama...

+1Gun ban, and +1 new Healthcare...

Great...

Not likely. According to those Brady Campaign folks, there's been at least 200 mass shootings during Obama's presidency, and he's done nothing. If that's true, he's had 200 opportunities already. It would be a crappy decision for him particularly since there's already so much talk about the mid-term elections. They're only several months away. He'd risk losing a favorable Congress, and they can hardly be called favorable as it is.

Does anyone have any updates? This story seems to have fallen off the airwaves. :(

As for Obama, I do not think he has any plans of trying to please the Brady Bunch anytime soon. I think he is a lot smarter than a lot of people on here want to give him credit for and he realizes the Brady Bunch is a fanatical minority in this country. He has nothing to gain by placating them.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top