JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The big padded belts make me sweat too much. Many of the AR magazine carriers for belts make the magazine stick up too much and it interferes with my body armor. It's just as easy to mount stuff on my armor carrier and not wear a heavy belt around my hips. I can get by with just my gun on my belt.

View attachment 1261034

Phhppttt…. What, no frags?

Loser. :rolleyes:

:s0108:

The first belt I saw from HSGI was the belt below when I looked them up. Yours makes way more sense lol

View attachment 1261016
These are a bit dated but may still have their place. They're padded so pretty comfy in that respect, but they can be hot in summer and they can shift a lot if you're running, going prone, etc., if they don't have some means of securing to an inner belt.

Most of the "cool kids" are running the more streamlined double belt systems like the Ronin Task Force belt.

s311809797414925210_p80_i12_w2000.jpg

They're great belts. The inner belt keeps the outer belt secure and in place, and the webbing on the outer belt keeps your gear exactly where put it. They are not cheap though.

But there are lots of makers of this type of belt at this point...G Code, Haley Strategic has a new one out, Blue Alpha (who also does Warrior Poet's belt), GBRS Gear (they use laser cut thermo polymer for their Pals webbing...which may be the way of the future. It results in a slightly lighter and thinner overall profile...I think).

Anyway, with some GoogleFu you can probably find several more. :)

Was out shooting with some friends last weekend and they both had pretty cool gunfighter belt setups. I felt less manly and inadequate for not having one. Anyone have some recommendations for belts that have withstood the test of time? I'd ask my shooting buddies, but I'd rather show up next time with awesome gear that makes them feel terrible.
Ted Blocker. Tigard Oregon

These are a bit dated but may still have their place. They're padded so pretty comfy in that respect, but they can be hot in summer and they can shift a lot if you're running, going prone, etc., if they don't have some means of securing to an inner belt.

Most of the "cool kids" are running the more streamlined double belt systems like the Ronin Task Force belt.

View attachment 1261048

They're great belts. The inner belt keeps the outer belt secure and in place, and the webbing on the outer belt keeps your gear exactly where put it. They are not cheap though.

But there are lots of makers of this type of belt at this point...G Code, Haley Strategic has a new one out, Blue Alpha (who also does Warrior Poet's belt), GBRS Gear (they use laser cut thermo polymer for their Pals webbing...which may be the way of the future. It results in a slightly lighter and thinner overall profile...I think).

Anyway, with some GoogleFu you can probably find several more. :)
^^^ A lot of solid info right here.

Here is a video on the new Haley Strategic belt. Note what they go into regarding the belt width and how it works well (and why some don't) with MOLLE spacing.

Also, the GBRS sample (along with the Esstac I linked above) using modern material is definitely the way of the future. They are lighter, stronger and don't get the funky rot. I also appreciate the range of adjustment on these two belts. I'm looking at their Hydra mount, too. It has come up a couple of time including at Jon Dufrense's NV class last month. So if you want to be super cool and make your friends extra jealous maybe get one of those, too.

^^^ A lot of solid info right here.

Here is a video on the new Haley Strategic belt. Note what they go into regarding the belt width and how it works well (and why some don't) with MOLLE spacing.

Also, the GBRS sample (along with the Esstac I linked above) using modern material is definitely the way of the future. They are lighter, stronger and don't get the funky rot. I also appreciate the range of adjustment on these two belts. I'm looking at their Hydra mount, too. It has come up a couple of time including at Jon Dufrense's NV class last month. So if you want to be super cool and make your friends extra jealous maybe get one of those, too.
Travis Haley is badass, and I'm definitely considering that belt. I can't tell if he's trolling with this picture or not though.

Capture.PNG

decided to go with the KORE essentials 1.75" battle belt. Now just need to equip it. Thinking a Safariland non-drop tactical holster maybe.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top