JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
It appears this is common... but Webster407 has posted an ad on gun broker using my photos and description as well as other guns on here. Theres actually a bid on it, and I feel bad for whoever that is but im not sure how to report it on the site. I thought people might want to know.

Take care

If your posting a classified ad here on NWFA, I highly recommend watermarking tour photos or otherwise disclosing on the photo that it was originally posted to NWFA. We have to make it so these scammers can't use valid photos in their fraudulent advertisements...

Webster407 is "no longer a registered user" on GB which means his account has been nuked.

There is a group of guys (myself included) over on the HK Pro forum who target these scam ads on Gun Broker by doing a blitz on the scam seller using the "Buy It Now" option. Most scam sellers will have multiple items listed, sometimes as many as 20-30 guns. We coordinate an attack by buying up everything they have listed in about 5 minutes or less before they can block us. Once the "Buy It Now" option has been exercised, you can immediately leave negative "F" rated feedback. The BIN option effectively kills the ads. The transaction is of course never completed, the ad reported, and the scammer has wasted their time in setting up an account and posting ads.

Another approach we employee is to bid a grossly high number on a scam gun....like $5,000,000 or more. This also effectively kills the ad but in a slow, lingering, way since no one in their right mind will ever eclipse the high bid and the auction eventually ends with another "F" rating.

I have suspicion that GB has started to flag sellers for review that that get a flurry of "F" ratings. I have noticed lately that the scammers we target are often removed from GB within hours of our attacks. Maybe GB is using our efforts to their advantage? Who knows.

-E-

Webster407 is "no longer a registered user" on GB which means his account has been nuked.

There is a group of guys (myself included) over on the HK Pro forum who target these scam ads on Gun Broker by doing a blitz on the scam seller using the "Buy It Now" option. Most scam sellers will have multiple items listed, sometimes as many as 20-30 guns. We coordinate an attack by buying up everything they have listed in about 5 minutes or less before they can block us. Once the "Buy It Now" option has been exercised, you can immediately leave negative "F" rated feedback. The BIN option effectively kills the ads. The transaction is of course never completed, the ad reported, and the scammer has wasted their time in setting up an account and posting ads.

Another approach we employee is to bid a grossly high number on a scam gun....like $5,000,000 or more. This also effectively kills the ad but in a slow, lingering, way since no one in their right mind will ever eclipse the high bid and the auction eventually ends with another "F" rating.

I have suspicion that GB has started to flag sellers for review that that get a flurry of "F" ratings. I have noticed lately that the scammers we target are often removed from GB within hours of our attacks. Maybe GB is using our efforts to their advantage? Who knows.

-E-
If you do a buy it now and don't complete your end of the transaction don't you get your gunbroker account flagged or closed? You would have to pay for the item before he had to ship it. What am I missing?

Last Edited:
That gunbroker user also has duplicated the Kimber Micro 9 posted here as well... I recommend anyone posting for sale ads watermark their photos...

There is a group of guys (myself included) over on the HK Pro forum who target these scam ads on Gun Broker by doing a blitz on the scam seller using the "Buy It Now" option.

GREAT JOB!

Kimber.PNG

If you do a buy it now and don't complete your end of the transaction don't you get your gunbroker account flagged or closed? You would have to pay for the item before he had to ship it. What am I missing?
The scam seller has nothing to ship and no way to prove to GB that they actually posses the item. The sale just sits in limbo waiting on payment and eventually dies. Scammers do sometimes email and demand payment via PayPal (which is another red flag) and I simply respond by telling them to go pound sand or whatever it is they have in their crap hole country. I've called their bluff at that point. End of story

I have "bought" well over a hundred firearms this way. I know another guy who has over 500. We have never received a negative rating or been flagged. The item simply sits in my "items won" folder for about a month and then just drops off. I do know of one guy who received a negative rating from a scam seller. GunBroker removed it when they deleted the scam sellers account a day or two later.

-E-

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads