JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've used it to buy and sell, never been ripped off. It's a service, seller pays a % on actual selling price. I except PMO's only (they can be verified and/or cashed at post office) when selling and never ship until I've got the cash in hand, and pay with same if buying. Always check sellers feedback, it's a good indication of their track record. A FFL must be involved when buying or selling......There's always a chance of being ripped off on the Internet so it's buyer beware.................:s0092:

I've had over 50 Gunbroker transactions, only 1 was a pita, a woman in Texas, I should have known.

Look at the sellers feedback, if there is one negative, I would look elsewhere. Always factor in shipping cost and FFL fees in the final price.

It's ebay for guns. Your chances of getting ripped off or a great transaction depend on YOUR research. Don't do the Buy It Now Noveske ar15 for $500 from the brand new seller with no feedback.

Sasquatch- Thats kinda the name of the game when buying online, it's the buyers job to do as much research as possible before committing to the buy.

Made about a dozen transactions both ways. Everything said above is accurate. IMO, Gunbroker is particularly good to locate hard-to-find firearms at very high prices. Best (and also worst) deals are No Reserve start-with-a-penny auctions; they require a lot of patience and discipline, or else you end up overpaying.

I've bought a few handguns on Gunbroker. All of my purchases have worked out well, but the potential for a bad one is always there. Before bidding, I ask some questions by email about how the thing functions, shoots. Usually the seller hasn't fired it, however. Sometimes the attitude of the seller is such a turn off I lose interest. I check their past transactions, as well.

You'll notice that sellers with only a few transactions often don't attract much bidding.

I gotten a couple good deals on there (especially from private parties) and I've also sold a couple guns.. You've gotta check the seller feedback and also shop it regularly, not unlike eBay. For some types of firearms you're better off going to AIM Surplus or J&G Sales.

should a first time gun owner use the site? I still don't know exactly what I need/want, so that makes things harder. I need to go to the pdx gun show to fondle some firearms...

should a first time gun owner use the site? I still don't know exactly what I need/want, so that makes things harder. I need to go to the pdx gun show to fondle some firearms...

Unless you're looking for a specific firearm and have a solid idea of its pricing, you might want to go elsewhere. I go to Gunbroker knowing what I want and how much I'm willing to pay. Also, you MUST factor in shipping, transfer fees, and applicable taxes. You may see a S&W model 36 at your local dealer for $400 OTD, but decide to shop on Gunbroker where a similar 36 is going for $350 so you jump on it. Wow, you think you just saved $50! Except it's $350, plus shipping, plus transfer fees, plus sales tax, and all of a sudden you're in the neighborhood of $440 or so.

Shop wisely. Buy cautiously.

Agree with pretty much with the comments above. eBay for Guns is probably the most accurate; pay attention to feedback, ask questions, and know what you're looking for. The times I've made purchases off Gunbroker.com have been fine - in some cases better service than local shops. That said, the only gun I've ever purchased off of GunBroker was my FNP-45 Tactical, and that experience was seamless and excellent.

I agree w/ 2506. I'd like to add you should do your homework before going to gun shows too... I got a Bulgarian Makarov PM off Gunbroker.com for $200 w/ leather holster, 4 mags, and an extra set of grips, in pristine condition. After shipping and transfer it was just under $250, way cheaper than the rip-off gun show price of $350, that included nothing.

Always research prices elsewhere on the net before committing to a bid on GB. I like to hunt around GB first and then go off the site to find a deal that's better. Over 100 transactions and only one bad experience...which GB didn't help with even after the seller was abusive and threatening. So, yeah, ebay for guns.

If you do buy from GB,send your paper work and PMO by registered mail with return rec. that way you can trace it.Watch out for people that hold a PMO for 7 days..

I have purchased 8-10 guns from GB.Don't buy anything that has been duracoated........ Don't buy anything from this guy "Sal A" it took about two and a half weeks to get my gun..
(long story)

Al of my other experiences have been very good.

Gunbroker is poor F- website/business. No way to contact them, filed complaint with attorney general, they wouldnt even respond to them!

I use AuctionArms.com, so far so good! 3 completed transactions.

If you buy a gun you are not satisfied with, and the seller refuses to make it right, GunBroker WILL NOT DO ANYTHING FOR YOU. I found this out the hard way.

You & Me Both,
Last gun I bought I wasn't careful enough to notice that the gun was "As Is" instead I wound up trying to dispute the condition, found out some pawn shops are using a shell-like company to put their items onto Gunbroker. It cost me a couple hundred dollars and I will do my best to never buy on Gunbroker again. Was about my 8th purchase from Gunbroker & my second time to get screwed

You & Me Both,
Last gun I bought I wasn't careful enough to notice that the gun was "As Is" instead I wound up trying to dispute the condition, found out some pawn shops are using a shell-like company to put their items onto Gunbroker. It cost me a couple hundred dollars and I will do my best to never buy on Gunbroker again. Was about my 8th purchase from Gunbroker & my second time to get screwed

you people need to do your research....There are ways to contact GB read the for new buyers post on GB..

If you cannot get in touch with the seller within the five-day window, you do not receive your item in a timely fashion, or you are having some other problem with the seller, please navigate to our Resolving Problems with the Seller wizard located on the For Buyers page. The wizard will help you get the issue resolved. You must allow 5 calendar days for the seller to respond to you. Please be patient, as some people do not check their email very often.

You can also use the Resolving Problems with the Seller web page to retrieve the full contact information for a Seller. This contact information includes their email address, phone number, name and mailing address information. At the bottom of the Resolving Problems with the Seller web page, enter the User Name of the Seller. You must have purchased an item from the Seller in order to request their contact information using that web page.

Also see : Buyer Protection Program and Fraud Claim Process

I use gunbroker a lot, both buying and selling.

As stated above, look at feedback ratings. If the auction has only a picture or two, ask for more, if they won't give you more, MOVE ON. Ask questions via email, and keep these emails, they are a record of your contract if you buy the item. You can use these emails to help resolve any problems. There are good deals to be made there, along with the other gun-auction sites, if you do your homework.

As for selling if you have something that the local market is low on, these auction sites allow you national exposure on the item your selling. Often netting a better price than a local FTF transaction.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top