JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone here ever bought from DLSUPPLIES off Gunbroker?

I have been trying to find a SAVAGE MODEL 25 LIGHTWEIGHT VARMINTER - T in .222 Rem for the last year to no avail. This:
25_LW_VARMINTER_T.png

What I am finding is that there is a high demand for anything 6.5 and Savage simply is not building this rifle. I have purposely stayed away from Gunbroker, but now I am desperate and there are a few listed there. I know to stay away from wholesalehunter.

Here is why I am stuck on this rifle: My #1 "rat gun" is a Revelation 225 in .222 Rem. This is a Savage 340 made for Western Auto way back when and has been in the family for that long. This rifle is still extremely accurate and will still make'um fly beyond 200 yards, but I find myself needing more glass and the mounting on the 340 is not very accommodating (I did manage to dremel some room for a Leupold Freedom 4-12). I would like to stay with Savage and the Model 25 has all the right features. The Thumbhole Stock (we have this stock on a .17 and I love it), mini action, varmint profile barrel with a 14 twist and a decent trigger. The pressed in barrel is only a minor negative.

So should I buy from this outfit? They sell a lot of guns and they have a bubblegum ton of positive feedback, but also they have some negative feedback.

I have tried a few, but I still run into the "out at the distributor" thing. Savage told me that ordering direct does not get this model in line any time soon.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top