JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The internet can be a wonderful thing but buying guns sight unseen on it may not be its best use. I don't like to buy something I can't see in person.

Yes, the CMP was able to unload all their 1911's very quickly and from what I saw on their site many were mixed parts guns. But people slobber all over themselves about CMP stuff because it's CMP. As if that has some special cache. I myself did not sign up for a CMP 1911, I already had a nice one. BUT: After seeing what people were getting, I wasn't sorry for not having gotten on the list. I don't think the CMP prices were all that great for what most buyers got. I think what appealed to many buyers about those pistols was the fact that they were being released directly from US government stock.

Not all ex-GI 1911's are mixed parts guns. Consider the many that were privately exfiltrated from US service after WW2. Or those that were sold surplus in the 1960's. Or the British Lend Lease guns that were brought back as surplus. It's not an outlandish expectation to find one.

As for buying a 1911 to shoot, I'd skip the old guns and buy a newly made offering. You can buy a brand new Colt 01991 for $750 to $800. I have several contemporary Colt Government Models in various calibers, all have been problem free.

Yep, walking away is a good call. I would contact GB and raise hell. He is likely on other sites too. Disreputable people have no business being in our community.

The pistol was relisted with the proper description and auction ends tomorrow and is over $1000 now and shure to have some more bids. I don't think there was intent to scam anyone, more like a seller not familiar with government 1911's and how to properly describe them. Nobody has been injured by this auction.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top