JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Is there something nutty about this ^ website? I've tried to register there. They have my user name at the top of the page when I go to the site, yet I can't view pics, post, or do any thing other than read. I did make a mistake when I was making my account with my email and put .com instead of .net. I tried to fix it numerous times. At this point I've sent three notes through the "Contact Us" section and got nothing back. Someone here must be a member there?

It's a huge site and mind boggling (to my mind anyway) to find things hiding in way too many forums. If it's one of those sites that doesn't respond to messages to the web master, but has little tattle tales all over that are ready to jump all over a person for the slightest breach of etiquette then I'm not sure Id like posting there anyway.

I've been a member there since about 2003, and had almost 14,000 posts when it crashed and burned. We all had to start over [if we wanted to], and I did. with a newer version of my name. I'm still tac there, BTW.

I've not had any bother thus far...

tac

In looking for what might be MY issue I saw in the help section the way to get people back up and running after some cataclysm.

Maybe you would try to send a short message to the bridge (contact us) and if you get a response we'll know were not on a ghost ship, running in the dark with no direction.:eek:

Last Edited:
In looking for what might be MY issue I saw in the help section the way to get people back up and running after some cataclysm.

Maybe you would try to send a short message to the bridge (contact us) and if you get a response we'll know were not on a ghost ship, running in the dark with no direction.:eek:

Will do, Mike.

I'll get on to it as soon as I've finished my supper, OK?

Best

tac, a likeable fella who tries to please.

OK, Mike - here is what I writ -

icon1.png Help for a noob from Portland OR
NOT me! As a member of northwestfirearms.com AND this fine forum too, I got asked by a fellow northwestfirearms member to bring his plight to your attention. Obviously I don't know what he is called here, but his NWF handle is MikeJ - this is what he has to say -

Is there something nutty about this ^ website? I've tried to register there. They have my user name at the top of the page when I go to the site, yet I can't view pics, post, or do any thing other than read. I did make a mistake when I was making my account with my email and put .com instead of .net. I tried to fix it numerous times. At this point I've sent three notes through the "Contact Us" section and got nothing back. Someone here must be a member there?

I'd appreciate something to get back to him with, please.

Best

tacfoley2

I'm not registered and don't do anything on this site besides read and view.
To that end, I have no problem viewing pictures (using windows 7 age computer), so registration part maybe not the problem. hopefully every little bit helps narrow it down.

OK, Mike - here is what I writ -

View attachment 432707 Help for a noob from Portland OR
NOT me! As a member of northwestfirearms.com AND this fine forum too, I got asked by a fellow northwestfirearms member to bring his plight to your attention. Obviously I don't know what he is called here, but his NWF handle is MikeJ - this is what he has to say -

I'd appreciate something to get back to him with, please.

Best

tacfoley2

Thanks Tac...We'll see if they respond to you! FYI, my moniker there is Perchman

I'm not registered and don't do anything on this site besides read and view.
To that end, I have no problem viewing pictures (using windows 7 age computer), so registration part maybe not the problem. hopefully every little bit helps narrow it down.

Windows 7 for me too. I don't have any problem with any other sites up to this point.

I followed a couple of links to other sites where I could see pics.

It's like there is a "limbo zone" at Gunboards.com, and I'm stuck in it!

I noticed that they have a forum section for French Weapons. Would the descriptions all be, "dropped once, never fired"?

FYI - The 76,157 French soldiers KIA in 1940 defending their country from the Blitzkrieg and Luftwaffe did not throw down their guns, as you suggest, and over 12,000 of them died defending the Dunkirk salient so that their buddies might have the chance to escape to England to fight again.

Back in WW1, French Army casualties were as follows -

1914 - 301,000 KIA
1915 - 349,000 KIA
1916 - 252,000 KIA
1917 - 164,000 KIA
1918 - 235,000 KIA

One village of 400 or so inhabitants I know of in NW France has a WW1 memorial with 245 names on it.

In WW1, US Army casualties were as follows -

1917 - 1918 116,516 KIA.

'Lions led by donkeys' were the truest words written about the Poilu.

tac

Not at all. The rabbit was used here because of all the digging and tunnelling that the average Poilu did whilst in the trenches.

Doesn't mean they were either rabbits or chickens.

I suggest that anybody mentioning the deliberate dropping of weapons to a soldier of France these days, particularly those in the Légion Étrangére engaged in Africa since the early 1950s, or anywhere else for that matter, be very fleet of foot.

As a former soldier of ten days less than thirty-three years full time, I have nothing but respect for my French colleagues.

tac

Last Edited:
Excellent!

I'm short on exact knowledge of history, but If I'm not mistaken, wasn't the ribbing of the French from when they didn't want to help out in the middle east at some time? Certainly the French people went through hell like we have NEVER known in America.

FYI - The 76,157 French soldiers KIA in 1940 defending their country from the Blitzkrieg and Luftwaffe did not throw down their guns, as you suggest, and over 12,000 of them died defending the Dunkirk salient so that their buddies might have the chance to escape to England to fight again.

Back in WW1, French Army casualties were as follows -

1914 - 301,000 KIA
1915 - 349,000 KIA
1916 - 252,000 KIA
1917 - 164,000 KIA
1918 - 235,000 KIA

One village of 400 or so inhabitants I know of in NW France has a WW1 memorial with 245 names on it.

In WW1, US Army casualties were as follows -

1917 - 1918 116,516 KIA.

'Lions led by donkeys' were the truest words written about the Poilu.

tac
There were none so noble as the French resistance. God bless each and every one of them.
But tongue in cheek on my previous post.

Mikej,
I just registered on gunboards. They sent me an email to activate my account. Once you click this activation link, your account will be under review before it is verified by a moderator. I am assuming then you will be able to view pictures.

Excellent!

I'm short on exact knowledge of history, but If I'm not mistaken, wasn't the ribbing of the French from when they didn't want to help out in the middle east at some time? Certainly the French people went through hell like we have NEVER known in America.

Dunno about the lack of enthusiasm to engage in yet another war, but the French have ploughed their own furrow in recent history, and still have a well-founded distrust of perfidious Albion - an entirely mutual feeling, I might add, as a person whose entire name is mostly Old French. Losing out to the EU adopting of the English language as the lingua franca [THAT makes me laff], and having to accommodate an ever-increasing amount of Fronglish/Franglais in their everyday speech must really get up their collective noses. In support of the French, they have, over the years, been THE most popular place to go in Europe to have a war.

However, in Canada we have our own French Wars to contend with, and a language and culture that very few of us care to have forced on us by law. Imagine living in Alaska and being told that you MUST learn Spanish, and that henceforth, all documentation must be bi-lingual? Same goes for Canada - living in Yukon or the NWT you are STILL obliged to learn French at school. That alone gives most Anglophone people, including my family, le pip.

tac

Mikej,
I just registered on gunboards. They sent me an email to activate my account. Once you click this activation link, your account will be under review before it is verified by a moderator. I am assuming then you will be able to view pictures.

That's the issue...I never got the email because I used .com instead of .net. I tried to change it, and couldn't. That's when I used the "Contact us" button. Three times.

Dunno about the lack of enthusiasm to engage in yet another war, but the French have ploughed their own furrow in recent history, and still have a well-founded distrust of perfidious Albion - an entirely mutual feeling, I might add, as a person whose entire name is mostly Old French. Losing out to the EU adopting of the English language as the lingua franca [THAT makes me laff], and having to accommodate an ever-increasing amount of Fronglish/Franglais in their everyday speech must really
get up their collective noses. In support of the French,
they have, over the years, been THE most popular place to go in Europe to have a war.

However, in Canada we have our own French Wars to contend with, and a language and culture that very few of us care to have forced on us by law. Imagine living in
Alaska and being told that you MUST learn Spanish, and that henceforth, all documentation must be bi-lingual? Same goes for Canada - living in Yukon or the NWT you are STILL obliged to learn French at school. That alone gives most Anglophone people, including my family, le pip.
tac[/QUOTE
Here in Beaverton the only option for a secondary language in my kids school is Spanish. With my children being fluent in Japanese and no option for that, I can tell you first hand what this forced multiculturalism cr@p is like. Fortunately my oldest was able to test out in Japanese last year but they just did away with that. option.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top