JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Should 'Put the NRA in its place' plea include an apology to LaPierre?

Yesterday's Portland Oregonian profiled a science teacher-turned-gun control-advocate who was at Reynolds High School Tuesday when the shooting occurred, and he posted a lengthy message on Facebook detailing his newborn activism, and a proposal for gun control, but it omitted one important fact that is being largely overlooked by gun prohibitionists.

<broken link removed>

< Why they don't have school shootings in Israel.
Notice the long gun slung over the teachers shoulder?

Thoughtful article on the topic - recommend, not overly long.

Dr. Dewey G. Cornell.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...and-mass-shootings-myths-facts-and-solutions/

Some of the comments are enlightening bubblegum.
Others pretty thoughtful.
Seems like he's advocating mental health evaluations under the guise of health care like the CDC wants to do. I'm not sure that's helpful at all

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
"Defender of Freedom" award
NRA Golden Eagle member
NRA Recruiter
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"Having a gun is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have it you may never need it again"

Interesting, I thought he wasn't concerned about the mental health issue, only to recommend mandating mental health checks for gun owners. Hypocrisy at its finest. Plus he's citing the 90% of Americans want more gun control 'fact' that was debunked as a flawed/skewed poll over a year ago. So much for a 'scientist' being 'objective'. I guess it's time we take a closer look at this guy's credentials - if he can't quote correct facts, he probably shouldn't be teaching kids in the first place.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top